Thread: OT: Any advice (electronics related)....

Default Re: OT: Any advice....

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've got some graduation money coming, and am in need of upgrading my 6 your old PDA.

I know some of you must have one, any recommendations?

I'll move this to another forum soon, but I'll leave it where it will actually get some traffic for now.
    I think you should spend all the money on $12 playoff tickets.

Default Re: OT: Any advice (electronics related)....

I have a 624 MHz Dell Axim x30. I'd recommend it if you're looking for a pocket pc..........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Are they actually useful
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I bought one of these:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...=19&l=en&s=dhs

Thank goodness for 0% interest credit cards! If only the Pacers financed tickets....

What happened to this?......
    (though I'm not sure I have THAT much graduation money coming).
    You're going to have the nicest pda under the bridge!..........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

What do you need in terms of features, Btown? For a student, I'd recommend the Zire 31:

http://www.palmone.com/us/products/handhelds/zire31/

Basic but fully functional, color screen, and SD expansion port for bluetooth, wifi, etc. Best part is you can trade in your old PDA for $50 so you can buy this one for $80. That's as good a deal as you'll find.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I couldn't say "no" (not that this is the first time THAT has gotten me into trouble...).
    But your taking that pill they advertise on tv to keep that under control, right?

Just my opinion, but I think the new PalmOS is as good as the WinMobile. But then I'm somewhat anti-Microsoft.

What were the essential features for you? What do you find you'd want the most? It's bluetooth for me.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Yeah, I was following the link. No question, that's a sexy beast. Too rich for my blood, though. Once you get to that range I start thinking laptop. I'm partial to PalmOS because it's easier to sync to my Linux machine... for some reason the Microsoft sync software isn't cross-platform compatible...

I wish convergence would hurry up and hit the electronics market. If I carry a palm, then I have a phone, iPod Photo, and palm to carry with me everywhere. There's no reason they couldn't all be the same device.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I recently bought myself one of these. Probbly more expensive than you want, but I thought i'd pimp it here anyways since you were discussing pda's. I figure its halfway between an iPod and a laptop.

Here is a picture i took with it in its cradle and with the mini-keyboard i appropriated off ebay. That picture is abit crappy so here is another one, abit less blurry and abit more angley...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    I wish convergence would hurry up and hit the electronics market. If I carry a palm, then I have a phone, iPod Photo, and palm to carry with me everywhere. There's no reason they couldn't all be the same device.
    It doesn't have a phone (other than VoIP), but the PMA400 has PDA functionality, photo, audio, video and wifi. It is linux underneith and has a 30Gb hdd.

Quote Originally Posted by skyfire
    It doesn't have a phone (other than VoIP), but the PMA400 has PDA functionality, photo, audio, video and wifi. It is linux underneith and has a 30Gb hdd.
    And costs more than my laptop. Cool, though.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Not to say that the PMA400 isn't expensive, but the prices they have on their website of EU$750 are very high.

You can get them for under US$700 from here.

the PMA400 also finished 2nd in CNET's must have gadgets list, behind the PSP.

thats it, i'm done.

no really.

I got my laptop brand-new for $699. It has a good 15" screen, an Athlon XP-M 2800+, a combo drive, and a 30gig HD.

Only downside.... it has USB freaking 1.1. Are we living in the 90's or what? I have to use a PCMCIA card to get USB2.0/Firewire.

Enjoy your time at PD!