Thread: Pacers-Hawks-Celtics

Sports Logo

Default Pacers-Hawks-Celtics

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jyftate

Celtics have contacted the Hawks about Teague and Horford. I think the Hawks trade Teague, but keep Horford for now. I know just the way it can happen with the Pacers coming in to help seal the deal.

Celtics get:
    Jeff Teague

Celtics get a pg they have wanted that can do a bit of everything and has a better offensive game than Smart.

Hawks get:
    Ian Miahimi
    Marcus Smart

Schroeder now starts with Smart as the backup. Hawks get a C that can rebound and defend.

Pacers get:
    Tyler Zeller (expiring)
    Mavs 1st rounder from Celtics
    Wizards 2nd rounder from Hawks

Pacers get an expiring and 1st rounder for Ian, who they weren't gonna keep at the end of the year that Turner has emerged so quickly. I do think Turner ends up at C and not PF.
    First time in a long time, I've been happy with the team that was constructed, and now they struggle. I blame the coach.

Default Re: Pacers-Hawks-Celtics

Pretty good deal.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Given that they need to extend Horford next summer, Hawks would probably struggle to re-sign Ian. And they wouldn't for sure give up Teague + a pick for a rental & back-up.

So this would only have a chance to happen if Hawks decide to let Horford walk and re-assemble their frontcourt around Mahinmi/Millsap/Splitter. I don't think so...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PetPaima For This Useful Post:

sav

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

FWIW, I think we will re-sign Ian. Even with Turner emerging, we still need 2 centers. And we already know from this year that Ian and Myles can share the court pretty well.

Also, I don't think Boston will give up Smart for Teague.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PetPaima View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Given that they need to extend Horford next summer, Hawks would probably struggle to re-sign Ian. And they wouldn't for sure give up Teague + a pick for a rental & back-up.

So this would only have a chance to happen if Hawks decide to let Horford walk and re-assemble their frontcourt around Mahinmi/Millsap/Splitter. I don't think so...
    I'd think they'd re-sign Ian and let Horford walk.
    First time in a long time, I've been happy with the team that was constructed, and now they struggle. I blame the coach.