Thread: Doc "CryMeA" Rivers at it again

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Doc "CryMeA" Rivers at it again

Well I see he's learned from the ZenMAster to work the refs during the playoffs. Jackson was always the master at whinning and beyatching about what the opposition was getting away with and it seems that Doc "CryMeA" Rivers is following suit. He's been carping about Reggies kickout, the moving picks, etc. (and now Ricky D doesn't like our screens either!!)

For his "act" I'm awarding Doc his new nickname...CryMeA Rivers
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

NotLosingButWinning

Default Re: Doc "CryMeA" Rivers at it again

obviously he doesn't realize that they shot 11 more free throws than we did. you couldn't breathe on paul pierce w/o fouling him in the third quarter. and i'm sick of hearing about these illegal screens, if they are illegal don't you think the refs would have noticed by now?

Mood

Just shows the refs don't feel CryMeA has as much cred as Jackson did. Zen whined and got his way about everything the next game. So far the refs ain
    t buyin' CryMeA's act.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

teY dennaB toN

The has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just shows the refs don't feel CryMeA has as much cred as Jackson did. Zen whined and got his way about everything the next game. So far the refs ain
    t buyin' CryMeA's act.
    We'll see what happens. I bet the calls are tighter in game 3.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is all part of the league's strategy to implement seven-game serieses (what the heck is the plural for series??) for the first round. Nobody wants us to get up by 3-1, so Doc was given a memo on how the game was going to be officiated Thursday (and if-necessary, Saturday) and asked to whine publicly about certain topics to justify the potential ad revenue $$$$ from the seventh game.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

The plural of series is, funny enough, series. Sort of like sheep and sheep.

Zesty

The plural of series is geese.

Junior Member The Toxic Avenger's Avatar

Well, I for one, have thought that our screens are illegal for a while but I know thats just me. I almost see a lean with some minor shuffleing of the feet.

I think game three will have quite a few less calls but... I'm certain that reggie will be called for running around like a crazy man and that Dale and Pollard will get some illegal screen calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty
    The plural of series is geese.
    Now thats funny

NotLosingButWinning

i'm sorry but this is just sad. rivers must be pretty desperate if he's using the "sympathy calls" card.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../50427014/1088
    “You hope the officials don’t keep falling for the flops, the grabs, the holds, the kicks,” Rivers said after practice for Game 3, which is Thursday night in Indianapolis. “Reggie’s a good player, but it’s amazing what he gets away with. That’s a concern for us. He’s on a farewell tour and you’re worried about the sympathy calls.”

Before the series started, Rivers practically begged reporters to write about Miller’s “acting” in the hopes that the officials would read his comments and be ready. It hasn’t worked.

“He’s only going to get one of those calls a game, but it can be a big one,” Rivers said.

Should Rick speak up and lobby for some calls through the media too?

It all reminds me of the Bulls series a few years back when Phil had his normal *****ing before and after each game and the Bulls got all the calls in the first two game. After Game 2, Bird said something like "I'd like to see Pippen guard Jordan the same way that he's guarding Mark Jackson and see how long Pippen would stay in the game."

At the start of Game 3, Pippen bodied up against Jackson as he crossed halfcourt, the same way he had done the entire first two games, and was whistled for the foul. Phil continued his crying after most every game and Bird never said another word but the series was called more evenly the rest of the way.

Sometimes the squeaky wheel getting the grease. However, if the wheel continues to squeak after greasing it, you just start to ignore it. I think Doc will get more calls because of this and I think Rick should be prepared to do similar.

Mood

I started a similar thread on the IS site. 5 pages later it was pulled becasue some Jerk Boston fan was calling people "f-king Idiot". The funny thing is, I had just warned him that I was getting close to reporting him (and had never reported another poster in my life, IIRC)...when Boom! Off it went.

One of the reasons this site originated was because of Forum Censorship, but I appreciated it today. And I appreciate how this site (PD ) works to keep this a civil board. Today was one of my rare excursions outside the *** thread just becasue of the yahoos that come on over there.

Thanks guys, for a really good site.

Doc in this morning's Chicago Tribune:

Celtics coach Doc Rivers said he is worried officials will give Reggie Miller "sympathy calls" as he heads into retirement. "You hope the officials don't keep falling for the flops, the grabs, the holds, the kicks," Rivers said. "Reggie's a good player, but it's amazing what he gets away with."

Quote Originally Posted by thetoxicavenger
    Well, I for one, have thought that our screens are illegal for a while but I know thats just me. I almost see a lean with some minor shuffleing of the feet.
    Pollard and Foster set a lot of illegal screens - DD is much better.

I HATE what a lot of refs do with screens - let players move around the first 42 minutes, then start calling a bunch of illegal screens the last few minutes. That happened at the Knick game a couple weeks ago and it affected both teams. If they want to cut down on moving picks, call 'em at the start of the game - the players will adjust their game to what the refs give them.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Nerd.
    Mood

It's not illegal if it isn't called a foul.

Junior Member The Toxic Avenger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    I HATE what a lot of refs do with screens - let players move around the first 42 minutes, then start calling a bunch of illegal screens the last few minutes. That happened at the Knick game a couple weeks ago and it affected both teams. If they want to cut down on moving picks, call 'em at the start of the game - the players will adjust their game to what the refs give them.
    Agreed...Early this year I figured that Pollard would have the size and speed to set high quality, leagal picks but like Btown said, the new guys learned from the best.