Thread: No matter what happens...I'm proud of this team

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default No matter what happens...I'm proud of this team

I'm just stating the obvious here, but no matter what happens, I'm proud of this team.

If we lose the next 3 games(which I definitely don't think we will), I know that we will have given everything that we have in us. This team has so much heart, it's been a privilege to watch them the past couple of months.

I have never been more proud of a Pacers team. To overcome what they did, when so many wrote them off. I myself was in serious doubt that this team would even make the postseason a couple of months ago.

I want to thank Reggie Miller. I have been critical of Reggie Miller for the contract, and the deferring to other players the past couple of seasons. But the way that Reggie has handled himself the past couple of months, literally willing the Pacers into the playoffs......It's something I will never forget.

When I think of Reggie Miller in 5 years, I'll think of him this season first and foremost. I'll think of the 39 year old that willed this team to the playoffs, when this franchise had needed him more than ever. This wasn't the dream season that us fans and Reggie had probably hoped it would be. But Reggie did everything for us.

Yeah there are the great clutch shots in NY, yes there is the shot against the Bulls....but I don't know if there is anything Reggie has done that has been more special than what he has done the past couple of months for this franchise.

Thanks Reggie, this Pacers fan will never forget what you did for this franchise in your final season.

I'm proud of J.O. If there were faults in JO's game this year, it was because he felt he had the burden of carrying the load himself, after the brawl. Some may call JO immature or whatever, but seeing him play in pain like he is right now, obviously unwilling to play anywhere near 100%, but doing what he can.....that shows true character.

I'm proud of Anthony Johnson. This is a guy who I think we all know is clearly a backup point guard, but has been stuck into a starting situation, and has done better than I think most of us thought he would. Does he make bad decisions? Yes....Does he take awful shots sometimes? Hell yes......But he has helped the Pacers win many games, including last nights.

Is Stephen Jackson a hot head? Hell yes. But I think from day one, we all saw that this guy wants to win. I like his heart, I like his cockiness at times. He isn't afraid of anyone.

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about Dale Davis. I thought Dale Davis would ride the pine here. But he is like the player we traded in 00.

In some ways.....I want to get past this season, for obvious reasons......But in some ways, I dont wan't to see it end, because of the awesome effort shown by this particular group of players

It has been a privilege to watch these guys.

Default Re: No matter what happens...I'm proud of this team

Reg will be going out as Da Man. No better way to go.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Mood

Good post, Adam, I share similar thoughts/feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reg will be going out as Da Man. No better way to go.
    Very few atheletes go out on top! They are used to the limelight so much that they hang around little too long. If Reggis sticks to his word, he will be on eof the rare ones to go out on top. People will miss Reggie dearly because he is playing at such a high level. It will be like people wanting more of Seinfield when the show stopped in its peak.

Anyone think Reggie might come back to the Pacers Organization? Like as an assistant, scout, ball boy, towel boy, etc...?

I'm not meaning in like a year, but in a few years.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sactolover05
    Anyone think Reggie might come back to the Pacers Organization? Like as an assistant, scout, ball boy, towel boy, etc...?

I'm not meaning in like a year, but in a few years.
    I sure hope so. It would be awesome if he was a color analyst alongside Al Albert.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

That would be my favorite; if he became one of the color anaylists for Pacers TV.

Thanks Adam for saying what I have been thinking and wanting to post since the win the other night. I wish it were possible for a storybook ending in the Finals but it isn't going to happen, not with the injuries and with ron out. But we can truly be proud to be Pacers fans, and to have shown that we aren't fair weather fans, but true fans who stick by the team through even the worst of circumstances. Reggie has shown great leadership and that he can still bring it even at 39! No matter what happens I am proud of this team and of Rick for never making excuses and for battling through everything. This has been an inspired and special season even though it is not going to end in June.

Junior Member The Toxic Avenger's Avatar

I picture Hicks standing like a kid in a candy store. Then, seeing Reggie Miller and Mark Jackson in suits discussing rookies and coaches on a TV screen, he hugs it and says...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    That would be my favorite;...