Thread: Rod Strickland waived- requested a release to join a playoff team

Default Rod Strickland waived- requested a release to join a playoff team

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1749026

We probably don't need him, but he could help somebody.

Hopefully somebody in the lower part of the Western Conference playoff picture.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo

Default Re: Rod Strickland waived- requested a release to join a playoff team

I saw that and would love to have him.

But who do you waive?

Banned

He's cancer. A big walking Tumor.

Definitely not an upgrade from what we already have.

I don't think the Pacers will pick him up. But if they do, they waive Brewer...mainly because we don't need 5 PG's and he is also a FA after the season.

Pacers don't need Rod because they already have Kenny, and he's not getting much playing time. Unless the P's think he'll be a serious upgrade over AJ, they shouldn't pick him up.

Who will pick him up? Hmm... New Jersey possibly, considering Kidd has been injured lately. Detroit if they don't think Mike James is a good enough backup. I really don't see any playoff contenders that could use him.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's cancer. A big walking Tumor.

Definitely not an upgrade from what we already have.
    For once, I agree with Roy.

In fact, I'd rather have Artest rupture his thumb and miss next season's training camp than bring this guy, his history of disruption, his history of DWI's, and the rest of his baggage onto the Pacers right before the playoffs.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd rather have Brevin Knight, or Lonny Baxter, two guys that were just waived.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought I read that the dealine for people to sign and be in the PO's was today....some people will have to hurry if they wanna play. <Isn't that what they were saying about the Knicks and the bit about waiving Mutombo later this week?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo

Looks like he is going to Toronto. They probably need the help the most of any of the playoff teams.