Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Superbowl 50.... Manning: The Last Rodeo?

Default Superbowl 50.... Manning: The Last Rodeo?

Irsay on Manning (video at link):

http://wishtv.com/2016/02/02/poll-sh...olt-or-bronco/
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Default Re: Superbowl 50.... Manning: The Last Rodeo?

So this is now out there.... Manning to the Rams next season at least something the Rams are interested in.
    Hmmmmm... Warm weather for at least half the games (reality is over half when you consider the season starts before it's cold anywhere). So that is good for tired, achy bones.
    Nice jumpstart PR for a team making a move. And should help put media exposure over the top.
    Manning gets to go after Favre's record.
    QB in LA. Home of the stars. And in the returning season for the Rams so they will be loved next season almost unconditionally as the 'new thing'.
    Lots of reasons that little devil on his shoulder would tell him "You can do this! You're still not done! You'll have all kinds of media exposure in LA to really show the NFL you still got it!"

OTOH.... A SB win and he can just ride off into the sunset on top. And he can tell himself "I still got it... and teams still want me.... Leave 'em wanting more!! No need to tarnish this SB win and cherry on the top of my career!"

But a SB loss?
    Or that Favre record?

The Rams have had internal discussions about bringing Peyton Manning to Los Angeles should he want to play another season, per a league source.

Manning still is under contract to the Broncos for another year, but most around the league do not expect him to return to Denver next season, if he returns at all.

Manning still must decide whether he wants to play after this season, and the Rams still are formulating their quarterback plans. But they are monitoring the Manning situation, per a source, which is a sign that the Broncos quarterback could have options next season.

It also sets up the possibility -- even if it is remote -- that Manning could finish his career in Southern California, just as former Colts quarterback Johnny Unitas did with the San Diego Chargers in 1973 and former New York Jets quarterback Joe Namath did with the Los Angeles Rams in 1977.

The Rams have discussed signing Peyton Manning if he's available this offseason and wants to continue his career. Christian Petersen/Getty Images
    Rams coach Jeff Fisher said at his season-ending news conference that Case Keenum is the team's starter entering the offseason and Nick Foles and Sean Mannion will be around to compete. The Rams traded for Foles last offseason and signed him to an extension, but the former Philadelphia Eagles starter lost the starting job to Keenum during the season.

Super Bowl 50 will be Manning's fourth title game in 18 seasons. Given that he came back from spinal fusion surgery in 2011 to play four seasons for the Broncos, along with the injuries that have dotted his past three seasons, including the left foot injury that forced him to miss seven games this season, there have been signs for weeks that Sunday's game might be Manning's last.

"I've tried to stay in the moment, tried not to look back," Manning said Monday in the opening minutes of his session at the Super Bowl 50 media night. "Just tried to stay in the moment."

Information from ESPN.com's Jeff Legwold and Nick Wagoner was used in this report.
    ESPN Editorial:
    Peyton Manning will turn 40 in March and his skills are declining. Not a good fit for the Rams -- who, by the way, haven't been to the playoffs in 11 years and have a young, unproven offensive line. Not a good fit for Manning. So if he wants to keep playing next season, Los Angeles isn't the right place.

And more news...

Peyton facing post-career hip replacement
    Peyton Manning has undergone his share of surgeries during his career, and he already knows he'll eventually need a hip replaced after his playing days.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...ng-option-2016
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I have a feeling after Manning wins the super bowl, that report about him using hgh is going to be a big story. Even though the report is bullshlt

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a feeling after Manning wins the super bowl, that report about him using hgh is going to be a big story. Even though the report is bullshlt

Sent from my Nexus 5X
    I think it'll blow over or be covered up because whether he did or didn't won't matter to the majority. I think most people will be OK with him if he did it because they will understand why he did and the context of the circumstances.

------

-John Wooden

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I think it'll blow over or be covered up because whether he did or didn't won't matter to the majority. I think most people will be OK with him if he did it because they will understand why he did and the context of the circumstances.
    Stop lyin. It'll blow over because Peyton's bullet proof. I hope the dude opens an agency honestly, no one can manage his own perception like Peyton.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

I'm having a hard time finding a path to victory for the Broncos. Their D obviously has to stop Newton, but beyond that Manning is going to have to do more than manage the game. And the Panthers are great at creating turnovers. And Manning is great at offering opportunities for turnovers.

Hopefully, the two weeks of rest has been good for Manning. In true Toby Keith fashion, Manning is not as good as he once was, but he only needs to be good once as he ever was.

I suppose I could see Newton caught in the moment and being overwhelmed by it all. That's nothing I would count on though.

I think if I was the Broncos I'd order Manning to STFU and just run the first play. He might be comfortable with changing the first play of the SB at the line of scrimmage but there are 10 other guys out there needing to work through some big game nerves. After watching that ball sail past his head in his first Bronco SB I'm not sure I'd want any possible repeat of that if I could avoid it. Just get that first play out of the way and build from there.

------

-John Wooden

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Denver is winning guaranteed! I have no doubts.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I laugh hearing everyone saying Panthers are gonna win. They don't know!

Sent from my Nexus 5X
    Last edited by BornIndy07; 02-07-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Manning was reportedly in tears when addressing the team today. Make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Manning was reportedly in tears when addressing the team today. Make of that what you will.
    I read 'near tears' and that he didn't address it being his last game (or not).

------

-John Wooden

Sports Logo

c'mon, it's his last game, he's not a moron. he's already acknowledged he's going to need a hip replacement down the line and will "deal with the neck." Peyton's a relic in NFL terms, but he's only turning 40 next month, how many 40 year olds you know saying "yeah, gonna have to get that hip replaced eventually?" he knows he can't make it through another season. plus if we're being honest he freaking stunk this year. if he keeps going it'll be even worse than this Kobe swan song year.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Shout out to me for booking a 6:10 flight when the game starts at 4:30 local time. Masterful planning on my part. It's not like I booked this a while ago either--I did it Wednesday. I'm a dumbass.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I'm rooting for Newton to lose for two reasons. One for being a dumb@ss and trying to play the race card for no damn reason and second for dancing like a fool in the end zone.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Shout out to me for booking a 6:10 flight when the game starts at 4:30 local time. Masterful planning on my part. It's not like I booked this a while ago either--I did it Wednesday. I'm a dumbass.
    Hasn't the SB consistently started at 6:30EST for several years now?

------

-John Wooden

Jim Nantz and Phil Simms doing the game. Nantz is OK.....don't like Simms at all. Oh well.

Sports Logo

Jim Nantz and Phil Simms doing the game. Nantz is OK.....don't like Simms at all. Oh well.
    hopefully Simms screws up some really important play and gets himself fired, he's terrible

I don't mind either of them too much.... But I always thought Nance was better suited for the anchor desk versus on the mic at the game. That's true of the NCAA or the NFL.

...I'm just ready for the game to start....

------

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    Denver is winning guaranteed! I have no doubts.

Sent from my Nexus 5X
    Did Vegas pick the winner already?
    https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

Change is neither good or bad, it simply is.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Brady got so many boos upon the SB MVP introductions...and he followed Ray Lewis!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm leaning toward Denver in this one. It seems like the favorite rarely wins these games anymore.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

The Panthers have the best basketball player in the world as their mascot lol.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IrishPacer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Brady got so many boos upon the SB MVP introductions...and he followed Ray Lewis!
    Some awkward intros. Drew Brees and Joe Flacco didn't seem arsed about the whole thing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    Some awkward intros. Drew Brees and Joe Flacco didn't seem arsed about the whole thing at all.
    A couple of players that would rather be playing in the game rather than hanging out on the platform with guys that have retired... Of course there's Eli....

------

-John Wooden

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Yep, me neither.
    Simms and boomer are probably my least favorite guys along with collinsworth.
    I like nantz though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    A couple of players that would rather be playing in the game rather than hanging out on the platform with guys that have retired... Of course there's Eli....
    Eli is chuffed to be there.