Thread: Most Important Missed Play of the Season and other Awards

NotLosingButWinning

Default Most Important Missed Play of the Season and other Awards

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...jackson/050426

By Scoop Jackson
    Page 2

EDITOR'S NOTE: Scoop Jackson knows his way around the NBA like the rest of us know our way around the buffet table. Now that we're into the early stages of the playoffs, Scoop wraps up the just-completed regular season with the best and worst of the league's last six months.

The "Damn I Wish My Trade Didn't Go Through" Award: Al Harrington.

All 4Q (Fourth Quarter): BG, D-Wade, Reggie Miller, Tracy McGrady, AI.

The Most Important Missed Play of the Season Award: The foul Ben Wallace put on Ron Artest the play before the drama that led to the Drama.

Best Television Moment: (tie) Steven A. and Greg Anthony arguing over Jermaine O'Neal's racial comments; Caron Butler on "The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno."

Best Moment: (tie)
    Cheryl Miller coming over to hug Reggie during his post-game interview with Michelle Tafoya after his last regular-season game; referee Bob Delaney's speech to the players prior to the Pacers/Pistons game on Christmas Day.

Worst Moment:
    Nov. 19, 2004.

The Comeback Team, 2006 (prediction):
    Indiana Pacers.

didn't list all the awards so click on the link if you're interested in the others.

Default Re: Most Important Missed Play of the Season and other Awards

Damn I dont remember the foul Ben Wallace put on Ron before Ron fouled him

NotLosingButWinning

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn I dont remember the foul Ben Wallace put on Ron before Ron fouled him
    i think it was when ron went in for a lay up and wallace put a hard foul on him that knocked him to the ground. it was sometime late in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by NotLosingButWinning
    i think it was when ron went in for a lay up and wallace put a hard foul on him that knocked him to the ground. it was sometime late in the 4th quarter.
    It was the play before Ron fouled Ben.

That was part of what pissed me off right after the brawl... people were saying "Why'd you foul Ben? The game was over!" But Ben had fouled Ron a lot harder the play before, and there was no call.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

NewType

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem

That was part of what pissed me off right after the brawl... people were saying "Why'd you foul Ben? The game was over!" But Ben had fouled Ron a lot harder the play before, and there was no call.
    Exactly. Big ****ing Ben can dish out hard foul but can't take one like a man.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What the heck is this award?

Comeback Player of the Year: Carmelo Anthony.

Don't you have to have been around long enough to go down before you can come back up?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem

Exactly. It was the play before! Ron ended up lying on the ground against the base of the goal.

I'm so glad this guy pointed this out, considering the fact that the media chose to overlook it time and time again.

You'd think there would have been more scrutiny of the whole situation, as big as it was. Then again, you still see Ron described as going into the stands "swinging" over and over.

Ridiculous.