Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 63 of 63

Thread: GQ article on Artest

  1. #51
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: GQ article on Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well if you are crazy then I must be too....
    If Suave is your ringing endorsement for sanity....... yikes.


  2. #52
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: GQ article on Artest

    I this thread!





  3. #53

    Default Re: GQ article on Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Suave is your ringing endorsement for sanity....... yikes.

    Hey I'm sane....

    If I was Ron and went into the crowd, I would actually hit the person who threw the beer....

    My new slogan:

    "Ron is God. Deal with it."
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  4. #54
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: GQ article on Artest

    It's just amazing to me that after reading that article anyone would think, "Yep, that guy is going to lead us to the promised land."

  5. #55
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: GQ article on Artest

    That was a pretty good article. I guess it's age, but I do have a great deal of empathy for anyone who suffers from emotional problems or anything related. Obviously a very tough life for Ron and I think it would be very difficult for anyone to judge until he has walked in those shoes.

    However, I am a fan. Even though someone said otherwise, I swear I don't remember anything ever being written about him being apologetic to the fans. That has really troubled me. He tanked the Pacer season, his teammates season, Reggie's season and, least importantly, my season. I hope he has personally addressed everyone in the Pacer organization - particularly the players.

    I do love to watch Ron play. But man, he has a ton to make up for next season before I allow myself to feel anything close to what I feel for the rest of the players who "gut checked" for this entire year.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  6. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: GQ article on Artest

    The dude is seriously out of whack. Beyond the "I'd do it again" statement btown has in his sig, there's this:

    Clearly, he hasn't quite sorted all this out yet. But he will answer any question, and he will do so without the usual God platitudes offered up by "repentant" athletes (not to mention the kind of mea culpa the NBA would surely prefer). But like a 12-stepper who isn't sure which step he's gotten to yet, he can be wildly inconsistent—one minute contrite, the next not quite sure what the big deal is. In one breath, he will tell you that he's sorry—though not for what you think. In the next, he assures you that he would definitely do it again. The guy threw a beer at him!

    "And nobody went home bloody, you know? People was hurt mentally and emotionally. But the good thing about it was, nobody was, uh...besides the one fan that went home on a stretcher—because he came to party; he was drunk—nobody really went home hurt with blood or a broken arm. So I feel good about that."


    We're not talking about an interview done a week after the brawl - we're talking about the day of the all-star game here.

    David Stern (and DW and Bird) must have flipped when they read this. He's learned nothing.

    Ron Artest needs to find a new line of work. Rap album promoter - or baking cakes. Something.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  7. #57

    Default Re: GQ article on Artest

    I don't think he's saying that everything was fine. He's just glad it wasn't worse than it was. Cause honestly, it could have been MUCH worse
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  8. #58
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,624

    Default Re: GQ article on Artest

    That article pushes his trade value even lower, if that were possible.

    /still hoping for Ron+Jeff for Odom but knowing it won't happen
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  9. #59
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: GQ article on Artest

    Another thing that concerns me is whether Ron will view himself as a victim in this whole scenario and not change at all.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  10. #60
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: GQ article on Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think he's saying that everything was fine. He's just glad it wasn't worse than it was. Cause honestly, it could have been MUCH worse.
    Uh, yeah. Which makes the season-long suspension seem like a vacation at the beach when you consider what could've happened.

  11. #61
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: GQ article on Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    still hoping for Ron+Jeff for Odom but knowing it won't happen
    I said I was done with this topic, but I had to respond to this.

    There aren't many players I'd trade Ron for, but Odom is definitely one of them.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  12. #62
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: GQ article on Artest

    He's a different player than Ron, no doubt. But I think he'd fit really well with Jermaine. He's not the lockdown defender Ron is, but he's quite good. The only question is where he plays. He came into the league as a SF but had the most success last year at PF. He's so quick, though, that he could probably play at SF and cause major mismatch issues because of his size and length.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  13. #63

    Default Re: GQ article on Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uh, yeah. Which makes the season-long suspension seem like a vacation at the beach when you consider what could've happened.
    No, because it is still too harsh. But I'm not going to talk about that, because I'm sick to death of it
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •