Thread: Sean May

Default Sean May

Looking ahead to the NBA draft this year, I was recently thinking about what the Pacers are going to be doing. Who or what are they going to go after. I was thinking about it for a long hard while when I heard that Sean May declared for the draft.

For those that do not know, Sean May was born in Bloomington, Indiana, and was also raised there. His father, having been a basketball player himself, had a successful IU career. But Sean May opted to go to North Carolina instead of IU.

Sean May is about 6'8 or 6'9, and weighs around 260. The reason I think Indy should take May if he's available at 17 in the draft is for a few reasons. 1, I think Sean May is pretty potent offensively for a PF. He would give Indiana a better offensive big man, as Jermaine O'neal is pretty much all we have in the post. 2, Sean May has potential and could really develope nicely under the wing of Jermaine O'neal.

I know alot of people would disagree with me on this, but I think it would be a great idea to get May. I don't like having Austin Croshere as our only other real scorer at 4, and the fact that Croshere is so damn inconsistant drives me up a wall. I'm also not willing to give in to the, 'Bender will be back and he'll be awesome' theory. I gave up on Bender a long time ago.

Now, it wouldn't be so bad if Indy were to pick up another 2 guard with Reggie retiring. I'm not in any way a North Carolina buff, but Rashad McCants will also be in this draft. I think he'd be a nice combo guard. I like McCants and feel that he's a Ben Gordon type of player and could also be compared to Gilbert Arenas. If not may, then how 'bout McCants?

What do you guys think?

Default Re: Sean May

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/rashadmccants.asp

Interesting, they give a Fred Jones comparison.

My bad, I never saw that. I guess great minds think alike.

ImCrazyB

Hakim Warrick in my opinion would be a better choice. I think Harrison will have a much more productive offensive year after this year.

But thats a pretty big gamble..But I really think Warrick would be a much better long term choice then Mays.