Thread: A couple comments and questions

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default A couple comments and questions

I like how Jax said they weren't satisfied yet. Contrast that with Doc Rivers saying we "need to get one" in Indy—and then quickly added "or two." Sound like he'd be satisfied with one, doesn't it!

When Rick keeps saying no one has done the two guard thing to age 39 like Reggie . . didn't Jordan play two guard a lot? Or, is Rick considering MJ a three.

Is Indiana that state that doesn't do daylight savings time? Sometimes the Starnews seems to give me the correct time for games based on my clock in the Eastern Time Zone (East Tennessee). Other times, they seem to be an hour early.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: A couple comments and questions

2) Would Jordan have played that well if he hadn't retired twice? I think that's the difference Rick is getting at.

1) I think Doc is the most "politically correct" of all coaches, so he probably wants "two" but doesn't want to become bulletin board material.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Rick said on one of his radio shows that even MJ played the 3 when he came back at 39 or 40, he didn't play 2, so no one has done it at 2 besides Reggie.

Indiana is on central time now because they don't do daylight savings.

Indiana is on Eastern Standard Time year round because we don't do that silly clock changing ritual called Daylight Saving Time. You wake up and go to bed at the same time of day as your bodyclock 365 days per year.

During winter that means our clocks match with New York. In the summer when both Chicago (in the Central timezone) and New York change to observe DST our clocks stay the same. That means we matchup with Chicago at that point until the winter switch.

As for Jordan... I thought he came back a SF but had knee problems and then I thought he switched back to the 2. But maybe he didn't switch back...

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jordan played at the SF spot both years with Wash. Richard Hamilton and then Jerry Stackhouse played SG for the Wizards.

Jordan also couldn't get his team to the playoffs at his age so Rick is correct. No SG has ever performed as well as Reggie Wayne Miller this late in their career.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

canyoufeelit

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace
    Jordan played at the SF spot both years with Wash. Richard Hamilton and then Jerry Stackhouse played SG for the Wizards.

Jordan also couldn't get his team to the playoffs at his age so Rick is correct. No SG has ever performed as well as Reggie Wayne Miller this late in their career.
    No SG has ever performed as well as Jordan period.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by canyoufeelit
    No SG has ever performed as well as Jordan period.
    That's only a half answer. The rest would need to include "so late in his career" or some variation. No one is debating that Reggie was/is better than Jordan overall, but only at the age of 39.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    Indiana is on Eastern Standard Time year round because we don't do that silly clock changing ritual called Daylight Saving Time. You wake up and go to bed at the same time of day as your bodyclock 365 days per year.

-Bball
    Do you think it makes a difference? I think I recall reading that certain limited government people resent the feds imposing clock changes--maybe it messes with the ancient agricultural rhythm or something.

Thanks, BTown. That was an interesting thread.