Thread: Could Jermaine be doing permanent/more damage?

Default Could Jermaine be doing permanent/more damage?

I don't know too much about the different kinds of injuries, so obviously I am worried about JO's shoulder. Is it possible that he could injure it more or put permanent damage on it playing through the pain, or is this something that just heals with time no matter how much stress is put on it?

Great win tonight by the way, James Jones's block near the end was huge.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Could Jermaine be doing permanent/more damage?

JO had 2nd, 3rd, 4th, hell probably even a 6th opinion about his shoulder.

I would think that with all the medical inspection and opnions, there is very little chance he would be allowed to play, or even be willing to play, if there was a chance of further, more significant damage.

At some point, you just have to trust medical opinion. I think about 6 medical opinions would probably do it for me.

Jermaine has said there's a slight chance he could worsen it. I guess he's willing to take that chance.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jermaine has said there's a slight chance he could worsen it. I guess he's willing to take that chance.
    He said before the game that he had to be careful so as to not tear it anymore than it already is.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

J.O said in his post game press conference., that the only position that could do fruther damage is when his arm is straight about his head and is pushed back. That is how he was injured to begin with and exactly how he aggrevated it tonight

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

woman without a team

I was going to say I'm not worried because Dale used to have a ton of shoulder problems...but then I remembered how the medical staff has been less than stellar lately.

I think I'll take Kegboy's approach.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    I was going to say I'm not worried because Dale used to have a ton of shoulder problems...but then I remembered how the medical staff has been less than stellar lately.

I think I'll take Kegboy's approach.

Dale's socket would pop out of joint. JO's got a sprained rotator cuff. Dale's a warrior, no doubt. But these are not the same injuries with the same risks. JO's injury is very painful, like Dale's, but JO's injury also requires lots of physical therapy just to regain the full range of motion (and prevent a "frozen shoulder"), and is subject to further tearing if his shoulder is stretched in the wrong direction.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    Dale's socket would pop out of joint. JO's got a sprained rotator cuff. Dale's a warrior, no doubt. But these are not the same injuries with the same risks. JO's injury is very painful, like Dale's, but JO's injury also requires lots of physical therapy just to regain the full range of motion (and prevent a "frozen shoulder"), and is subject to further tearing if his shoulder is stretched in the wrong direction.

AAAHHHH!!!!!!

Must...not...read...this...thread.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

NotLosingButWinning

i don't think dale actually tore anything either. i think the most serious part of j.o.'s injury is the tear.

ITs a very bad idea for JO to be there.....really bad. Hopefully he injures himself worst than he already is and loses his touch and can't even shoot anymore.

I mean seriously, for what?!?!?!

This season should of been tanked for a good draft pick to stick it to Stern. If I was the Simons, i'd say lose every game. Really I'm half serious about that. Think if we could of got a top 5 pick...some badass young gun to come off our bench, with NEXT YEARS lineup.

Reggie should of just rested most of this season on the bench came back next year and "played his heart out" to get that championship. This season in itself was a futile (albeit, interesting) effort. But maybe RC will get Coach of the Year.

I think we have a new relative of Indy Toad!

Junior Member The Toxic Avenger's Avatar

If the team even has a chance they should go for the wins. And since we are in the playoffs we must have something... Not one person could convince me to sabotage the season, especially Reggie's last, for the hopes that we may or may not get some some kid next year that may or may not be the next Jordan or LeBron.

As far as the Simons are concerned pride and money would be the two factors that would shoot any intentional loss down. Ticket Sales would drop... Less people means less concesions sales...Less spending all over the city i.e, hotel, malls, restuarants...less spending of money that in some way or another would go to the Simon Corp.

I realize thats a far stretch but still i'm against loseing