Thread: Random Game 2 Thoughts from our seats at the FleetCenter...

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Cool Random Game 2 Thoughts from our seats at the FleetCenter...

...or "How BC and SR survived their night surrounded by a Sea of Celtics Green"

Well, I finally made it home after tonight's tense win in the FleetCenter. I'm tired, my throat is sore from cheering on the Pacers, but damn it feels good to walk out of a very grumpy arena listening to the Celtics fans b*tch about the game that got away from them. Here's a few of my thoughts and observations from tonight's game:

There's nothing like a $25 dollar event parking fee that makes one appreciate just how expensive it is to go to games out here. It's a good thing the Celtics aren't actually popular in this town (compared to the Red Sox and Patriots), or I might have had to take out a loan to pay for tonight's outing.

The number of Pacers fans at tonight's game was actually higher than I thought it would be after Saturday night's disaster. I didn't actually count how many their were, but if they were all together in the section we sat in it would've been quite a nice little area of Blue and Gold in the sold out FleetCenter. SR and I talked before the game to a family of Pacers fans decked out in team jerseys (including Grandma who was wearing an Artest jersey of all things! ) who sat a few rows below us. I also passed the "Sign Guy" while walking through the arena, but unfortunately didn't get a chance to speak with him, I've always wanted to!

One thing I will say for the Boston fans - they are very loud , and they do come to the game decked out in team colors. It's like a freaking St. Patrick's day event, minus the green beer... well, ok there was plenty of beer around, just not green.

I saw David Stern being interviewed on the sidelines before the game and a perverse thought came to my mind: if I threw a beer at him, would he run up into the stands and threaten to hit me (or mistakenly threaten a guy next to me that he thought threw the beer)? Oh, the temptation...

Pierce and Walker in Game 1: 12 & 13 pts respectively, along with big contributions from the bench = Big Boston Win. Pierce and Walker in Game 2: 33 & 19 pts respectively, but no one else in double figures for the Celts = close Pacers win. Hey Doc Rivers, if you want to limit Al Jefferson to just 9 minutes per game the rest of this series, that's ok with me!

Regarding the bench, it is amazing just how flat the Celtics are when their young guys can't bring the energy like they did in the first game. Part of that was definitely due to the way the Pacers played Boston's 2nd teamers - Jefferson and Davis got doubled and tripled several times, and in Jefferson's case his inability to figure out how to pass out of the double team effectively definitely led to the short minutes he saw tonight.

It was a real pleasure to watch Reggie put on the offensive show that he had in the 1st half, and in general show what he's learned in his 18 years of NBA experience. I loved hearing the Celtics fans around us groan as he hit big shot after big shot, and I remember hearing one exasperated fan behind us say to his buddy "The guy is unbelievable!" as Reggie lost his man on one of his patented moves for a score. Reggie, thanks for another great playoff memory!

I'm sure there are other things that I've forgotten about tonight's game, and I may post them later if I think of them. I'll remind SR to post some of her own game thoughts...
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Default Re: Random Game 2 Thoughts from our seats at the FleetCenter...

Thanks BC! I thought you were at the game, but wasn't sure.

What did the Celts fans think of the officiating? My friend is going to give me all kinds of crap for Reggie kicking his foot out, although Pierce got calls that were just as favorable.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

JSmoove

nice recap!
    did you get my message?

sweabs

That bench of theirs is, like you put it, full of young guys. For many, this is their first playoff experience. They are coming into it with no prior experience and just feed off the crowd's energy. Fortunately for us, we kept things close and never really allowed their young guys to feed off a rowdy crowd. And even better, we're taking things back to Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by JSmoove
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    nice recap!
    did you get my message?
    Just read your PM, JSmoove, I've send a reply back in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Thanks BC! I thought you were at the game, but wasn't sure.

What did the Celts fans think of the officiating? My friend is going to give me all kinds of crap for Reggie kicking his foot out, although Pierce got calls that were just as favorable.
    As you can imagine, they were incensed everytime the refs called a foul against the guys guarding Reggie. But as one of the Celtics radio guys pointed out after the game, "He's done that for 18 years, why is anyone surprised?"

JSmoove

cool...just lmk about that stuff

sweabs

Welcome to the boards by the way, JSmoove.

Are you a Hawks fan?!?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    That bench of theirs is, like you put it, full of young guys. For many, this is their first playoff experience. They are coming into it with no prior experience and just feed off the crowd's energy. Fortunately for us, we kept things close and never really allowed their young guys to feed off a rowdy crowd. And even better, we're taking things back to Indiana.
    Yup. We've seen our bench in their place... now let's see their bench in our place.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

SuperReggie

I would say my random thought for the game is what a lovely b-day gift hehehehe!

...that and there is nothing like having Celts fans glare at you as you walk out of the arena in your blue and gold jersey with a big smile!

Sooo... SuperReggie. I'm looking at your avatar, and I have to ask.

Which one is you and which is your dad?

Enjoy your time at PD!

SuperReggie

Hahaha! I have no idea who those ladies are.

Sorry I couldn't attend. My wife had to work last night, so I had 3 kids to put to bed.

Nobody has ever recieved shorter bedtime stories in the history of Earth.

This morning on Boston radio the demons are:

1) Doc Rivers (why did Al Jefferson not play in the 2nd half?? Why go small??)
    2) Mark Blount-- he's the absolute stiff who should have sat for Jefferson
    3) Ricky Davis-- If you talk, you'd better back it up.
    4) Gary Payton-- this post-up crap just stagnates the offense, and with the small lineup he got abused by Anthony Johnson down the stretch.
    5) Raef- If you take away his 3's, can't he still do SOMETHING on offense?

Some callers griped about the refs, but it was pretty much dismissed.

Two thoughts come to mind. The Pacers did a great job on Ricky Davis. Freddie was all over him and so was the other Pacers who defended him. Davis is the key to the celtics, if he is a non-factor the Celts will likely lose.

Celtics starters are a low energy group if they don't get a spark off their bench they tend to grind to a halt