4 14.29%
  • Gary Payton

1 3.57%
  • Ricky Davis

6 21.43%
  • Other (please specify)

0 0%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 04/23/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Celtics - Game 1 (1st Round)

Default Re: 04/23/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Celtics - Game 1 (1st Round)

Auntie Em.... It's getting dark.

Wow.

Note to Pacers... spend more time on the layup drill.

That was painful to watch. Only a true Pacer fan will continue to endure it.

I'll see ya in the second half.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 04/23/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Celtics - Game 1 (1st Round)

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to press the issue but are you talking about the score or the retirement?
    Both issues actually. It's just silly that they would NEVER chant it when they have a 5 point lead or if it were tie game.

The Pacers will never play a worse half of basketball.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Once again, our offense has gone to ****. The Celtics aren't playing that good of D on us, we're just not hitting shots.

We'll make a run. Don't know if it will be enough to get over the hump, but we'll make a run.

It's one thing to get beat. It's another thing to totally lose your composure. Was surprised Rick took Reggie out of the game at the end of the half - figured he might be PO'd enough to where he might actually get something done.

I hate the green guys.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

That has to be the worst half of attempted basketball I have ever seen. What pisses me off most is that it's making Boston look good.

We couldn't beat a NBDL team right now.....

Absolutely sad...

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Once again, our offense has gone to ****. The Celtics aren't playing that good of D on us, we're just not hitting shots.

We'll make a run. Don't know if it will be enough to get over the hump, but we'll make a run.
    Wow, your confident. How so? I'm getting sick, thinking about 2 more QTR's of this.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

All the Pacers have to do is win game 2, and all of a sudden they control the series.

I don't care if the Pacers lose by 20+ in 12 games during the playoffs, as long as they win 16 games they earn the trophy.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode
    That has to be the worst half of attempted basketball I have ever seen. What pisses me off most is that it's making Boston look good.

We couldn't beat a NBDL team right now.....

Absolutely sad...

Two sad things of note:

1. Boston actually started out cold.

2. Multiple Pacers are shooting and they all suck right now.

This reminds me of some lopsided Knick games of days past. Sometimes we would win, and sometimes we would get pounded.

Every possession looks the same. Either a turnover, ineffective shot, or getting block. On defense, the Celts are blowing right past us time and time again.

We're being way too tentative on both sides of the ball. The only two players I see out there tonight are Jack and Freddie. Everyone else is playing like morons.

This is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    Wow, your confident. How so? I'm getting sick, thinking about 2 more QTR's of this.
    Because, when you hit the bottom, the only place you can go is up.

This is why Boston scared the **** out of me. Oh Ronnie...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Because, when you hit the bottom, the only place you can go is up.
    Oh, I am at the bottom right now, and I can find a few notches below this
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Alright, guys, let's get us a win.

GO PONIES!!!!!!!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

The scary thing is that neither Pierce nor Walker are in double figures yet and the Celts still have the big lead
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    Oh, I am at the bottom right now, and I can find a few notches below this
    Oh, trust me...you have no clue what it's like to TRULY be on the bottom. I'm so far down right now, this game barely registers on my radar. For me, this blowout is an escape.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    It's one thing to get beat. It's another thing to totally lose your composure. Was surprised Rick took Reggie out of the game at the end of the half - figured he might be PO'd enough to where he might actually get something done.

I hate the green guys.

I was relieved he took him out. I thought he would be tossed when he did waht he did to Tony Allen. I think Rick took him out to avoid Reggie getting tossed with a second T because emotions were real high.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I say the Celtics open up with a 10-2 run.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Another thing I'd like to just point out to the refs (not any excuse, just something I see not called way too often):

Call hook's and push-offs by offensive players, and also the swinging elbows during post plays. Seriously, it gets used practically every play, and gets called a couple time a game at most.

We will win this game.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Offensive foul on Pierce, nice job Stephen.

JO can't afford to miss those shots.

Two quick fouls on Boston.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BostonConnection
    The scary thing is that neither Pierce nor Walker are in double figures yet and the Celts still have the big lead
    That argument isn't valid. If they were in double figures, guys like Jefferson, and Davis, and Banks wouldn't have as many points.

Okay, guys, I'm out. Have to go to work. Bring home a W!

Looks just like the 2nd quarter already.

As everyone has noted, that was one ugly half of basketball. Hopefully it will motivate the Pacers to dig deep and come out and play with pride in the second half. Boston started out cold, but then they started making a ton of shots. Their outside game started clicking for them, and it opened up their inside game. Amazingly, this could have been alot worse. Antoine missed alot of shots in the paint early.

I thought we started out great with our defense, but after the Celts got on a run, we lost our composure. Their defense cranked it up, and we decided to chip in by turning the ball over when ever possible. It was absolutely incredible to watch...scarier than any Stephen King novel that I have ever read.

The one good thing is that we are truly not this bad, and Boston isn't this good. Hopefully we can save face by playing them strong in the second half. We need that in order to show them, and us, that we can play with them.

Pacer leadership has been lacking so far. It is time for our veterans to pull these guys together.

The only good thing is that, with a strong amount of confidence, I honestly don't think we can play any worse.

I will be cheering for them no matter what.