Thread: BOOOOO! Pacers/Warriors game not on local tv

Default BOOOOO! Pacers/Warriors game not on local tv

Sports Logo

Default Re: BOOOOO! Pacers/Warriors game not on local tv

All the more reason to have NBA league pass. Plus you could have seen the Sixers take out the T-Wolves last night, or Larry Brown get tossed.

I have League Pass but a sports bar doesn't sound bad either.

Of course, it's a late game not starting until 10:30 Indy time. Guess we know why local TV passed.

For the cost of league pass I've been able to actually GO to three games this year (my 4th is coming against Sacramento)...

I think I can miss the Golden State game. I can hear the radio feed anyway.

For the cost of league pass I've been able to actually GO to three games this year (my 4th is coming against Sacramento)...

I think I can miss the Golden State game. I can hear the radio feed anyway.
    You do realise what you're saying is for the money you paid to watch 3 games, you could have had access to potentially 2378 games, right?

Yes...

I'd rather go to three Pacers games IN PERSON and watch all the other ones fom the whole season (except two) on cable (with local announcers) than have access to every game from every NBA team all season long and watch practically none of them (I do have ESPN and ABC, you know, plus NBA.com's 15-minute long nightly highlight feeds.)

And they do have this little thing called sportscenter... ed:

If anyone who HAS league pass wants to chime in, the time is now.

Me, I don't have it. But I have seen enough of it to know when the day comes that I do own it, I'm never going to be without it again. You have to experience it to appreciate it. Cable offers nothing in comparison.

Sports Logo

Your proximity to the games will probably affect your intrest in league pass. I live over 100 miles away so I am not going to very many games.

Also without League pass I would see only the Pacer games I either went to or were on ESPN and Turner. So for me it is a no brainer and I get to see other teams play as well.

The main thing about league pass is that I dont know anyone who has ever gotten league pass and then not renewed the next year and the year after that............

NBA League Pass is a great, great thing.

But Rabidpacersfan seems to have his mind made up.

NBA League Pass is a great, great thing.

But Rabidpacersfan seems to have his mind made up.
    OK, here's the deal. NBA League Pass sounds like a great idea, and I'm sure those who have it love it and think it's a great deal.

All I'm saying is that it's not for everyone. I just simply don't have time to watch all of those games. If it cost 20-30 bucks a year I might consider it, but like I said earlier, it's just too expensive for me considering I'd probably only watch one or two more games a week tops.

Even if it was FREE I've only got time to watch so many games, knowwhatImean?

And as for my comment about tickets: I just have a much, much, much more rewarding experience actually going to games vs watching them on tv. If I had a choice, I'd always rather go to a few Pacers games in person than get to watch a lot of non-Pacers games on tv. To me it's a no-brainer.

Sorry if I was being a bit defensive.

OK, here's the deal. NBA League Pass sounds like a great idea, and I'm sure those who have it love it and think it's a great deal.

All I'm saying is that it's not for everyone. I just simply don't have time to watch all of those games. If it cost 20-30 bucks a year I might consider it, but like I said earlier, it's just too expensive for me considering I'd probably only watch one or two more games a week tops.

Even if it was FREE I've only got time to watch so many games, knowwhatImean?

And as for my comment about tickets: I just have a much, much, much more rewarding experience actually going to games vs watching them on tv. If I had a choice, I'd always rather go to a few Pacers games in person than get to watch a lot of non-Pacers games on tv. To me it's a no-brainer.

Sorry if I was being a bit defensive.

You make a good argument. There is no substitute for seeing a game in person

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here's my thought process:

I'd rather see us lose a game in person than watch a win on TV.

Having said that, even when I lived in Indy I was only going to 22 home games and maybe a couple of road games per year, so the League Pass was a fine additional investment.

Now that I'm 200+ miles away, and I can only get to six-to-ten home games per season and another three or four road games, the League Pass is a no-brainer (especially since my "local" team for broadcast purposes is the Hate-a-bulls.)

If my NBA budget were limited to $150-$200 per season and I was choosing between attending three or four games and picking the League Pass - I'd be at the arena.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Bah.

League Pass is great for me, and I wouldn't want to go without it... mainly because I live in Arizona and its the only way for me to follow the Pacers... Ideally League pass would offer packages for 1, 3, 5 teams rather than all the teams only...with a varying price range. I think it would motivate alot more people to get some level of the package.

But even without league pass... there is plenty of ball to watch.... with local team coverage, the Suns here in PHX... TnT/TBS...double headers...ESPN/ABC coverage...and Now NBA TV shows at least 4 games a week...even without league pass i could see a game per night... just not all the Pacers games....which is why I've had league pass for the last 4 years.

You know it would be great to go to games and have NBA league pass...I wish I had that kind of money...

Nothing like yahoo gamechannel
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

I started out with league pass when I was in Fort Wayne, IN and there was no coverage of the Pacers. The very first year I had it, they had 2 options...NBA Team Pass and NBA League Pass. I chose the Team Pass and had the Pacer's, but after that year only league pass was available and I went with it. When I moved to Indy, I was so sold on being able to watch any NBA game that I just kept it eventhough about every Pacer game is on standard dish/cable.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

I get it on Fox Sports Net.

PistonsDynasty

"BOOOOO! Pacers/Warriors game not on local tv"

Every Pacers game isn't on tv?????????

duaneok66

how much is league pass at the beggining of the season and how much is it if i decided to get it now?

same price or cheaper?
    at the end of January it was $99 . . . its probably the same price now . . .

no

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

no
    Well, every Pacers game is on TV. But not every Pacers game is on local TV in Indianapolis. I believe this season 79 of the 82 regular season games are available on local TV down there. The remaining three or four games are available on the League Pass because the other team is broadcasting the game.

I would imagine that is true for just about every team.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Sports Logo

how much is league pass at the beggining of the season and how much is it if i decided to get it now?

same price or cheaper?
    With so little of the season left you should be able to talk them into selling you league pass for next year at the early price of 150 and give you the rest of this season for free. The first year I got it (mind you this was 10 years ago) thats what I did and they gave it to me. I dont know that this plan would work now but it is worth a shot.

Edit--- I have seen people say league pass is too expensive. Well if you only watch the Pacers games it is One dollar and eighty nine cents per Pacer game! thats not a lot of money.