Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how bout a SanAn Detroit thread ?

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: how bout a SanAn Detroit thread ?

Magic beat the Bucks too. At least that pushes them back a little bit.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Very exciting finish if you are a Pistons fan.

The only thing I ask tomorrow night is that we don't let Chucky beat us.

Spurs were up 77-73 and the Pistons just took the game

They have taken on the personality of their coach. Controlled fury
    UncleBuck, what do YOU think is going to happen tomorrow? Feel of the game, generally what might happen, and of course the victor?

UncleBuck, what do YOU think is going to happen tomorrow? Feel of the game, generally what might happen, and of course the victor?
    What does EVERYONE think is going to happen? ed:
    UB > You

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

What does EVERYONE think is going to happen? ed:
    Personally I feel that either the Pistons are going to win by double figures, or the Pacers will win a close game.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

I don't kjnow who is going to woin tomorrow night, I have to give it some thought.

Pistons are due to lose. I do know that,.

This will be the Pistons 6th game in 8th days and the Pacers 4th in 5.

I do know this will be the most important regular season game of the season. It counts like 3 games. Pacers win, Pistons lose and the pacers get the tie breaker

It is really hard to predict what will happen in tomorrow's game. Both the Pacers and the Pistons are playing top notch basketball, and they will fight it out in a big battle.

I do know that the Pistons are playing better than we did when we beat them last time. However, we are as well. We have won 11 of 12, they have won 13 straight. Pretty close.

The game will come down to the end, and the ability to make critical plays at the end of the game. And also, guard play is going to be critical. Tinsley needs to produce, and defend well. He hasn't played them yet, so it is hard to say whether or not he will do OK. We shall see. We need reggie to do well too.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What I fear is that the Pistons are (perhaps) hungrier than the Pacrs. We've beaten them, they have something to prove, we don't particularly.
    They are the hunter and we are the hunted. What other cliches are there for the fact that they are going to be more motivated to win than we, I fear.

Then again, the P's have prven me wrong time and again about them. They seem to have more understanding of what it takes and the determination to do it than in the past.

We'll see. I just hope I can watch.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I won't get to watch - that sucks.

Should be a war. Interesting thing with these two teams - I don't think homecourt matters much for either of them - not when they play each other. They both play the kind of game that cuts runs short and makes them somewhat immune to the crowd. Reminds of the Knicks and Heat in the late 90's.

No prediction other than it'll be another playoff-type game.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Tim

I will be looking forward to Freddy's D getting in the way of those guards.

The key to winning this game is we will need more than teh big three playing well. We are going to need another player or two stepping up.
    I hope its Freddy and Jeff.