Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pep fired

Default Re: Pep fired

I was really irritated when we hired Pep, because at the same time Norv Turner was available, who I really like as a OC. He's done some really great things in Minny with Bridgewater and I think would have been a great fit here. Imagine him with Wade Phillips as DC? This would have been a great team.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You need to read it again. The docs have cleared him, so he is likely way better than 70%. It's nowhere near a skill thing, either. He's amazingly skilled.

If anything, it's simply performance-based. And he's not getting benched after only a handful of games, games he actually was recovering from injury.

He's just getting back into his groove. Manning had that 4th season where he dropped off too. They didn't bench him.

There's many other factors here than just Luck. Pep was a huge problem. The o line HAD been a huge problem, also, that can't be ignored. The receivers still can't get open.

Most of this points to scheme issues.
    Or you just need to word it completely differently...

Doctors clearing him and his play being hampered by injuries are two different things. You are the one who brings up the injuries. Even in this post you say how he is recovering from injury, which means he's still injured!

Also I said it wasn't a skill thing... I've also said Pep was a problem and even said the o line is the biggest problem. But Luck shoulders a lot of the blame for this. He's the one turning the ball over. I don't care what scheme or offense you run (also this is what, year 3 for Luck in this offense? can't really blame turnovers on that). Throwing interceptions is typically due to bad decision making, which Luck has displayed plenty of this season. Not sure why its so hard for you to admit that. It doesn't mean he isn't a good qb. Its just acknowledging that he is struggling this season.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Whatever man, tired of arguing. This is a Pep thread, he got fired, he earned it, Luck is a different topic.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Or you just need to word it completely differently...

Doctors clearing him and his play being hampered by injuries are two different things. You are the one who brings up the injuries. Even in this post you say how he is recovering from injury, which means he's still injured!

Also I said it wasn't a skill thing... I've also said Pep was a problem and even said the o line is the biggest problem. But Luck shoulders a lot of the blame for this. He's the one turning the ball over. I don't care what scheme or offense you run (also this is what, year 3 for Luck in this offense? can't really blame turnovers on that). Throwing interceptions is typically due to bad decision making, which Luck has displayed plenty of this season. Not sure why its so hard for you to admit that. It doesn't mean he isn't a good qb. Its just acknowledging that he is struggling this season.
    Thank you

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...h-at-michigan/

Pep Hamilton may quit Browns, join Jim Harbaugh at Michigan

As the Browns look for a new defensive coordinator, a change may be coming on their offensive coaching staff as well.

Browns associate head coach Pep Hamilton is considering leaving Cleveland to join Jim Harbaugh’s coaching staff at Michigan, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports. Hamilton was previously an assistant to Harbaugh at Stanford.

The Browns don’t actually have an offensive coordinator on their staff, as head coach Hue Jackson handles many of the duties usually handled by an offensive coordinator, but Hamilton is Cleveland’s highest-ranking offensive assistant.

These days, “amateur” college football pays its top coaches about as much as professional football does, so Michigan can surely make Hamilton a competitive offer financially. Michigan’s defensive coordinator just signed a five-year contract worth $1.4 million a year, and if Harbaugh is offering Hamilton that kind of contract, Hamilton may think he’d have more job security and make more money at Michigan than in Cleveland.

Michigan recently lost passing game coordinator and quarterbacks coach Jedd Fisch to UCLA, so there’s an opening on Harbaugh’s staff.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I would leave the Browns too. At Michigan, more job security plus it's an easier path to become a OC/HC.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorgeForPresident For This Useful Post: