Thread: Hide the rope from Kstat... Laimbeer following Hill to Orlando?

Default Hide the rope from Kstat... Laimbeer following Hill to Orlando?

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbc...504120341/1002

Magic could be eyeing Laimbeer

BY JOHN DENTON
    FLORIDA TODAY
    WEB EXTRAS

ORLANDO - Bill Laimbeer has been nearly as successful as a WNBA head coach as he was as a player for the Detroit Pistons, but he has done it with drastically different styles.

Highly intense and physical as a player, Laimbeer says his style as coach of the WNBA champion Detroit Shock includes patience and calmness.

"People expect me to be the same as I was as a player, but I'm almost exactly opposite," Laimbeer said. "I don't yell, scream or holler in any shape or form and I hate coaches that do that. I demand of my players, but my relationships with players are good."

That's information that could be of interest to the Orlando Magic, a team that will be in search of a head coach this summer. The Magic fired Johnny Davis on March 17 and promoted Chris Jent as interim coach.

Laimbeer, 48, has emerged as one of the top coaching candidates in the NBA and could be of interest to both Orlando and the Cleveland Cavaliers, which defeated the Magic on Monday night. It has been reported that Laimbeer could be a favorite to get the Cleveland coaching job because of his relationship with Cavs' owner Dan Gilbert, a Michigan native.

"It's totally overblown," said Laimbeer, a television analyst for the Pistons. "It's not an issue at all and that's the wrong way to look at it."

Laimbeer said the Magic would be an appealing job for any prospective coach because of the deep talent base already in place. With Steve Francis, Grant Hill, Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu under contract, the Magic likely aren't far from the playoff race.

When Davis was fired in March, general manager John Weisbrod said that wanted the Magic to play with "more accountability."

Laimbeer said that sort of demanding style would suit him just fine.

"That's what professional sports are all about, accountability," Laimbeer said. "You are paid to win basketball games not paid to play basketball. Otherwise, why are you here?"

Default Re: Hide the rope from Kstat... Laimbeer following Hill to Orlando?

Of course, if Laimbeer takes the Orlando job, it'll be No Big Loss to the Pistons, who will be ready for a change, so whoever Dumars picks to replace Larry will be absolutely perfect.

Besides, after not winning the championship this year, they'll be so hungry to win they'll listen to anything their new coach tells 'em.

Just trying to save Kstat the trouble of responding, since we know what he'll say.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course, if Laimbeer takes the Orlando job, it'll be No Big Loss to the Pistons, who will be ready for a change, so whoever Dumars picks to replace Larry will be absolutely perfect.

Besides, after not winning the championship this year, they'll be so hungry to win they'll listen to anything their new coach tells 'em.

Just trying to save Kstat the trouble of responding, since we know what he'll say.
    I think he might have just a tiny little bit to say about your statement of Detroit not winning the championship this year. (grin)

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

He might also have a little thing to say about some assumptions in this article. It's just speculation. He will probably point to Laimbeer beying looked upon as a potential "great" coach and that he would be crazy to go to a team like Orlando, while he could be coaching Detroit aswell next season.

That's more the sort of reaction I think KStat will give .

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, Mourning gave a much more accurate reaction......

Its not like this is the first time he's found himself in an article. He WAS supposed to go to Cleveland, and before that, Toronto.

Somehow I doubt Lambs would go to Orlando.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

The only way he's going to Orlando is to visit Disney World after the Pistons win it all under him...That could be a possible response too

but we all know that aint gonna happen

I have such a soft spot for Lambs. I hope he goes anywhere he's guaranteed a loss after seeing the way he made an @ss of himself during his magical time with the Pistons. I will give him credit at least he didn't run into the stands. However, seeing him flip off some Pistons fans who were begging for an autograph was priceless.

I have a soft spot for Lambs too.

I mean, how can you NOT? Cute as rag-dolls.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?