Thread: My thoughts on the Hawks game

Default My thoughts on the Hawks game

I was able to watch the game and I know many of you were unable to. Should be interesting to read what Arkman has to say.

I am just going to give you a bunch of randem thoughts on the game today.

Pacers were horrible the first 15 minutes, but they got better and better and were able to shoehorn themselves back into the game and then grind the game out.

About halfway through the 3rd quarter the Hawks announcers were saying how the Pacers have taken the life out of the building anf the Hawks. That is a great discription of what the Pacers do and the biggest reason why they have a 16-7 road record. Pacers just keep playing, they just keep banging away at the opponent and sooner or later the opponent wilts to some degree.

It is too bad that many of you were unable to see the game today because Pollard was really good. The stats won't show it, but he looks like he is starting to fit in. He was one of the main reasons why the Pacers were able to get back into it in the 2nd quarterf.

Hawks played very well today, very well. If the Hawks played this well every game or almost this well they would be a playoff team.

Satisfying win. Mentally a tough game to get up for and it showed in the 1st half.

Individual performance were what you would expect, Pollard was the only individual player that needs to be mentioned

Default Re: My thoughts on the Hawks game

I listened on the radio, and it sounded like Pollard was doing well. Glad to hear a confirmation from you, Buck.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Atlanta was smokin' hot for most of the game and so were we, both teams really shot the ball well. Like UB said if Atlanta played like they do against us, they would be a playoff team for sure.

Hicks, Pollard did play well, one of his best games for us.

Uncle Reg saved the day, again.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Sports Logo

I agree Pollard seems to be getting better and that is a very good thing for the Pacers.

7-Layer Burrito

I tried to keep up w/ the game by updating ESPNs "in-progress" game page, but it was faster getting updates from you all.

It's encouraging to hear that Pollard's stepping up his game. I think he could be a key asset during our play-off run. Before you know it, Pollard's going to have a shaved head with a neon green goatee. And that's a good thing.

This was a good win, regardless of the style of game played. It was the very definition of a trap game coming off huge wins against S.A. and Jersey, and the monster game at the Fieldhouse tomorrow.

Man, the Piston's game is going to be fun!

Sports Logo

How many more games will we take Tins out with a lead and let Johnson dig us into a 10 point deficit before we play either Kenny or Brewer at the backup point. I have to believe Kenny is available by now.

Brewer cam in and did a great defensive job I was really happy he got to play but why not go back to him latter? (yes he did have a back court violation his first posetion)

It is too bad that many of you were unable to see the game today because Pollard was really good. The stats won't show it, but he looks like he is starting to fit in. He was one of the main reasons why the Pacers were able to get back into it in the 2nd quarterf.
    Actually, so was Jeff. But I guess that is less a surprise. When we were in our doldrums early, Jeff offered some of our best energy.

So Pollard gets better over the year... now we just need to see the guy he replaced getting worse and it will vindicate management.

I saw a lot of the second half... especially 4th qtr. The first thing I noticed was that the announcer's weren't really homers.

Wait... the first thing I noticed was how bad those lime green uni's of Atlanta look on TV.

Reggie looked to have another good game (of what I saw) including a clutch three to take the lead in the waning moments. He also hit the final FT's to seal the game and did a little 'showmanship' afterwards. It was a kind of a "C'mon... did you think I was going to miss those?" motion with his arms. He seems to have put some swagger back in his game of late.

Did Croshere not play? I never saw him during the parts I caught. ...OTOH... I didn't see Pollard play either.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So Pollard gets better over the year... now we just need to see the guy he replaced getting worse and it will vindicate management.
    =======

This too shall come to pass.

Brad tends to fade in the 2nd half...we'll see, maybe the high energy style was what he needed to keep him from getting bored by the mid-season mark. Then again can he maintain his level of energy once numnutz comes back and he has to share?
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

About halfway through the 3rd quarter the Hawks announcers were saying how the Pacers have taken the life out of the building...
    I thought the Hawks had pretty much taken the life out of their arena themselves over the last couple of years. What is their average attendance these days? Are they in double figures?

Before you know it, Pollard's going to have a shaved head with a neon green goatee.
    At least his neon green goatee won't look as bad as the Hawks' retro green uniforms. Young children and small animals should never be allowed to see those things!

Is JB injured? I didn't see a "CD" after the DNP on the box score....

Is JB injured? I didn't see a "CD" after the DNP on the box score....
    Resting his knee tonight.

First let me state this was a great win.

As U.B. said it was a mentally tough game because they were most certainly "up" for us because not only are we the best in the east but they didn't want to be swept for the season.

So the team & coaching staff should take pride in their performance.

Having said that & feeling good about the win, I feel the need to vent something.

What an insult to Austin Croshere.

For God's sake just give him a DNP-CD instead of this crap. 2 min. & I think it must be that they have to round up to get that because IMO he was in barely more than a min. is totall horecrap.

I'm glad Scot is playing better, I'm happy the team is doing well. But it is totally unfair for this guy to work as hard as he does & not see any results from it.

As it is now I'm sure he is going to go back into blackhole mode like he had to do with Thomas. In other words he is going to feel the need to shoot whenever he can to make an impact when he is on the floor for fear of being yanked.

It's sad really. The guy is not great at any one thing but he is not bad at anything either. He does not hurt you when he is in the game.

Obviously it's him, because this is the second coaching staff to relagate him to the bench. So there is nothing to be bitter about, I guess.

I know it won't happen because he makes way to much but I hope that the Bobcats take him in the expansion draft so the guy can find out if he can play in the N.B.A. or not.

Well, I don't want this to be a negative post so again I want to say that as a team we played tough & our defense was suffocating.

Scott Pollard played very very well yesterday & I can only hope that he continues to improve.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Peck, just proves life is a beech.

Had Bender been healthy, he probably would have been awarded the measley minutes, instead of Cro.

As Reggie Miller pointed out, the solution is to petition David Stern for more minutes in each game. We have too much talent and too little playing time.

I'd suggest Cro and his agent offer the Pacers a reasonable buy out situation on his contract, if he hopes to send his most productive years actually playing basketball in the NBA.

As it is now he is likely stuck in Indiana until the last year, or two, of his contract.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

About halfway through the 3rd quarter the Hawks announcers were saying how the Pacers have taken the life out of the building...
    I thought the Hawks had pretty much taken the life out of their arena themselves over the last couple of years. What is their average attendance these days? Are they in double figures?
    The most unbelievable thing about yesterday's game - Philips Arena was 200 people OVER capacity. I think there are a lot of "closet" Hawks fans.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Sports Logo

Jay the tickets were $1.00 because of Martin Luthor King day. I am sure they could pack the house every night for $1 a seat.