Thread: DJ Paul B

Default DJ Paul B

I was watching you yesterday and I have to say, you're really good. As much fun as I'm sure you have doing your job, what you do doesn't look easy. Very good job yesterday!

I have to thank Kegboy for the seats. Can't really say much about the fans on either side. I was very close to getting these people some coffee or something. I think one guy was snoring.

Who was that annoying woman from FOX? Her voice stayed in my head all night.

Oh yeah and there was a game too. Pacers just didnt' look into it at all. There was no blocking out what so ever, the defense seem to take years to get back, and how many three's do you miss before you start driving the damn ball inside?

I guess that was another sign of being tired as UB mentioned in another thread. These guys looked exhausted.

I thought that we had the win but the Knicks just wouldn't go away. They played really well. They were very patient on offense, couldn't miss anything if they tried, and did a pretty good job on defense. I like dthe way they played. We definitely deserved to lose that game IMO.

Once again though I want to thank Kegboy and Grace for the awesome seats!!

Default Re: DJ Paul B

I thought about wandering over to say hi but it was a long way from my seats. Was hoping Ashley'd be working the game instead of Sarah - was gonna ask her to drop back in for a visit and tell her that all the stalkers were gone now.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

You should of come by, I would have really liked to meet you. There was a guy behind me in a Knicks jersey and I thought that it might have been you but I didn't want to introduce myself as Harddrive7 and this guy beat me up or something thinking I might be coming on to him.

Yeah I was hoping Ashley would have been there too.

The Knicks simply took it to us, you should be very proud of these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You should of come by, I would have really liked to meet you. There was a guy behind me in a Knicks jersey and I thought that it might have been you but I didn't want to introduce myself as Harddrive7 and this guy beat me up or something thinking I might be coming on to him.

Yeah I was hoping Ashley would have been there too.

The Knicks simply took it to us, you should be very proud of these guys.
    Yeah - I think the admins need to come up with a PD t-shirt - something you can put your username on. That way we could have a "Pacers Digest Night" at Conseco and everyone would be able to see who's who.

Of course if you picked a Knick game I wouldn't be able to wear mine ...
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

3ptmiller

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    Yeah - I think the admins need to come up with a PD t-shirt - something you can put your username on. That way we could have a "Pacers Digest Night" at Conseco and everyone would be able to see who's who.

Of course if you picked a Knick game I wouldn't be able to wear mine ...
    Great idea

pb777

thanks for the compliments! It was a good time, just ended sour. I couldnt believe all the 3's and the last 2 mins of OT... other than that, it was a fun game. The crowd was really playful, especially when something good was happening in the game. on a side note - i'm really gonna miss reggie next year.

Also, if by a miracle JT gets healthy for the playoffs, do u think he should start over AJ?

Quote Originally Posted by pb777
    thanks for the compliments! It was a good time, just ended sour. I couldnt believe all the 3's and the last 2 mins of OT... other than that, it was a fun game. The crowd was really playful, especially when something good was happening in the game. on a side note - i'm really gonna miss reggie next year.

Also, if by a miracle JT gets healthy for the playoffs, do u think he should start over AJ?

I think that AJ should continue starting unless JT proves otherwise. I mean JT would have to get his legs back as well as get use to the "new" offense. I say he would come off the bench until he gets settled. OTOH though if it ain't broke...

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    No. I don't think Tinsley will ever be healthy enough, if at all, that he can just be reinserted back into the lineup. AJ has been playing well with this group, and I just don't know if Tinsley will be in any condition to reclaim his spot without any major hiccups in chemistry or style of play.
    Not to de-rail this thread, but can you define "ever"?

Jay's_Dad@Section204 seems to think this might really be a career-threatening foot injury (a la Bill Walton, Micheal Williams, Sam Bowie, etc.)

I don't know if he's getting that from his occasional but very reliable source or if he's just speculating based on the order of magnitude of other foot injuries.

Regardless, a full recovery for this type of foot injury is less-than-certain.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Hey pb, I also was at the game, and I thought you did a great job too. I loved all the scratching, even my elderly parents were impressed!

And after seeing that last play where AJ dribbled the clock out... ya we need Jamaal back, starting

Quote Originally Posted by Burtrem Redneck
    Hey pb, I also was at the game, and I thought you did a great job too. I loved all the scratching, even my elderly parents were impressed!

And after seeing that last play where AJ dribbled the clock out... ya we need Jamaal back, starting

Are you sure that you're not talking about Bes...I MEAN Gill?

BTW PB, who was that guy standing behind you the entire time?

pb777

The last play when aj held the ball for too long and got a 24 sec violation was frustrating...

the guy behind me is one of the guys that helps me setup and teardown the dj gear. he also wears the game-ops headset while i'm live and relays any messages to me...

In AJ's defense he was trying to run the play and get the ball to Reggie, but the Knicks put Jackson on Reggie and AJ could not get Reg the ball. Perhaps he waited too long, but if AJ would have started driving a second or two sooner and Reggie does break free, everyone is complaining that AJ did not get the ball to Reg. Point guard is a tough position to play.

DJ Paul B.

1) Who came up with the idea of saying, "no one sits down for a tip off in Indiana" seems to work well

2) I always enjoy your little pre-tip-off pep talk to the fans. Seems like you've had to change it a little after a 6 games winning streak. It gets me fired up though

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey Paul, thanks again for hookin me up.

Lean Back hasn't left my player since I got it. I'm tryin to get you some pub around Muncie, since we don't get your station even this far, by playing it and telling them how to get it. Hopefully sales will increase for ya.

Keep me updated on when you release some new mixes.

pb777

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    In AJ's defense he was trying to run the play and get the ball to Reggie, but the Knicks put Jackson on Reggie and AJ could not get Reg the ball. Perhaps he waited too long, but if AJ would have started driving a second or two sooner and Reggie does break free, everyone is complaining that AJ did not get the ball to Reg. Point guard is a tough position to play.
    very good point. A double edged sword, only way AJ wins is if he starts the drive a second or 2 sooner and hits the shot.

1) Who came up with the idea of saying, "no one sits down for a tip off in Indiana" seems to work well
    The head of the Game Ops dept came up with that. The first couple times I used it, people were like...huh? what did he just say? So then I started saying it with no music behind it and right after I drop the first few seconds of "welcome to the jungle"... That sequence seems to really get people standing and fired up

2) I always enjoy your little pre-tip-off pep talk to the fans. Seems like you've had to change it a little after a 6 games winning streak. It gets me fired up though
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    I'd recommend re-watching that play.

Here's how I do it: start the play. At four seconds into the shotclock, you can get into a nice rhythym of narrating the action. "20 seconds, no one's moving. 18 seconds, no one's moving. 16 seconds, no one's moving. 14 seconds, no one's moving. 12 seconds, no one's moving. 10 seconds, no one's moving. 8 seconds, no one's ... wait, Reggie's setting a pick .... Eh... 5 seconds, no one's moving again. 3 seconds, no one's moving. Just shoot the damn ball, AJ. Ugh."

I'll say this - "stand around and watch" isn't exclusively a JO problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    I'd recommend re-watching that play.

Here's how I do it: start the play. At four seconds into the shotclock, you can get into a nice rhythym of narrating the action. "20 seconds, no one's moving. 18 seconds, no one's moving. 16 seconds, no one's moving. 14 seconds, no one's moving. 12 seconds, no one's moving. 10 seconds, no one's moving. 8 seconds, no one's ... wait, Reggie's setting a pick .... Eh... 5 seconds, no one's moving again. 3 seconds, no one's moving. Just shoot the damn ball, AJ. Ugh."

I'll say this - "stand around and watch" isn't exclusively a JO problem.

I did watch it again when I got home, I watched the whole 4th and OT again.

I'm not really blaming AJ; and Reggie waited too long to set the pick; but I think the lack of weak-side movement threw that play into an abyss.

That would've been good time to have one remaining TO.

With ten seconds to go on the shot clock, you could just sense it would be a shotclock violation.

It ain't too hard - even for this lackluster Knicks team - to guard guys that are standing still.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7
    I have to thank Kegboy for the seats. Can't really say much about the fans on either side. I was very close to getting these people some coffee or something. I think one guy was snoring.
    The last game we went to there was a woman a few seats away from Kegboy who was reading a book during the game. I wanted to tell her she should have given her seat so some underprivledged kid who would have actually paid attention to the game.

Once again though I want to thank Kegboy and Grace for the awesome seats!!
    for taking the tickets off our hands. When the Knicks hit that last shot to win Kegboy and I looked at each other and said "Thank God we didn't go to the game."