Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning 2015-2016 Thread. The Final Year?

Default Re: Peyton Manning 2015-2016 Thread. The Final Year?

I mean it makes sense Peyton would do that, but do you think Peyton would be so dumb to have it shipped to Ashley? It would be easily traced, you'd think he'd be smarter than that
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean it makes sense Peyton would do that, but do you think Peyton would be so dumb to have it shipped to Ashley? It would be easily traced, you'd think he'd be smarter than that

I don't know.... Let it be traced. It still puts it back to being her medicine and not his. And gets the story to pretty much the dead end that it is right now. People can suspect and wonder, but with Manning not being tested for it, it's only going to be speculation and end in a giant question mark with nothing that can come of it. Even if they can tie it into the following seasons, I don't see it getting much meaningful traction. I'm sure he probably covered his tracks well enough. And AFAIK the NFL doesn't act retroactively, so without a test..... ?
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Football players taking PEDs? Well I never...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...letes-use-peds

Sounds like Peyton doesn't believe it haha.

The guy recanted his allegations too. I dunno, seems a little flimsy
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

I'm sure this will all blow over... unless Manning sees a PR advantage to admitting to it.

I see he'll be inactive for Monday's game. So that leaves one more regular season matchup for a chance to see him on the field for the Broncos. Playoffs are not guaranteed for the Broncos and then would the Broncos start Manning in the playoffs cold if he can't play in the regular season finale?

Which all begs the question: What is next?
    Last edited by Bball; 12-27-2015 at 03:28 AM.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo

It's focused specifically on ACL tear recovery but Mark Cuban's funding a study at U of Michigan to evaluate the use of HGH on recovery after a major injury. If it's deemed safe by the powers that be, is administered by professionals, and is only used to safely hasten recovery and not abused by an otherwise healthy person I really don't see a problem with it. If it makes you better faster, safely, what's wrong with it?

Peyton just gave a massive denial on Countdown, boy did he look pissed off. Worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Peyton just gave a massive denial on Countdown, boy did he look pissed off. Worth watching
    I'd be pissed too if the 'pharmacist' spilled the beans about something that was supposed to be on the down low...

------

-John Wooden

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I'd be pissed too if the 'pharmacist' spilled the beans about something that was supposed to be on the down low...
    The pharmacist already said that he lied about it

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

I highly doubt Peyton did anything wrong. He can be a dick in private I've heard but he isn't a sleazy, cheating person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    The pharmacist already said that he lied about it
    Well of course he did....
    He wasn't saying this stuff publicly for a book or fame. He was saying it privately and got caught in a journalistic sting. Plus, Peyton's people have probably already paid him to change his story!

------

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    I highly doubt Peyton did anything wrong. He can be a dick in private I've heard but he isn't a sleazy, cheating person.
    I don't know if he did or didn't. I don't see anything sleazy or cheating about it really though. He had a serious medical procedure with both career and life long quality of life implications. So he threw the book at the healing process? I don't really think there's anything to see here... He passed all the tests. It happened in a year he didn't play at all. Unless he admits it, I don't see how it will ever come to anything for the NFL. As long as he doesn't admit it, I don't see how he gets caught, even if he did do it. They already have the cover story of it being for his wife. Unless there's a video or an audio tape showing Manning using it, then I see this as a dead end story. And like I said above, this wasn't a case where the person saying it was looking for his 15 mins of fame. He got caught in a sting. And since it was a media sting and not a law enforcement sting, then it really has no teeth. So I don't see the guy even WANTING to implicate Manning. It would be bad for business. And business is still probably pretty good....

------

-John Wooden

Sports Logo

If he used it to heal, safely, I'm all for it. Hell, I bounce back and forth on anabolic steroids. If some meathead knows the effects and still wants to get all roided up, hey, your body. The grey area on that is that big meathead becoming a big slug-like muscle or something where he's putting other people in danger with his physicality. That's the only thing I really care about with PEDs, are you getting so big and strong that it's potentially hurting other players.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

You never know, but I'd be pretty shocked if Peyton was using PEDs, especially with how vehemently he's denied the accusations.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Isn't it funny that a person's public persona and private persona are often totally different? A good reason why we should never put sports or entertainment idols on pedestals.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Isn't it funny that a person's public persona and private persona are often totally different? A good reason why we should never put sports or entertainment idols on pedestals.
    This is one of the things I love about Luck. He seems like a genuinely good guy on and off the field. A true rarity in sports these days.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This is one of the things I love about Luck. He seems like a genuinely good guy on and off the field. A true rarity in sports these days.
    I agree. This is what many fans did and do think about Manning. I have no idea what private Manning is like, but I think we all have heard a few stories that are not flattering.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If he used it to heal, safely, I'm all for it. Hell, I bounce back and forth on anabolic steroids. If some meathead knows the effects and still wants to get all roided up, hey, your body. The grey area on that is that big meathead becoming a big slug-like muscle or something where he's putting other people in danger with his physicality. That's the only thing I really care about with PEDs, are you getting so big and strong that it's potentially hurting other players.
    100% agree. We literally are paying these guys to hit each other. Why should they not be allowed to get the best treatment to heal the best way? They have a limited amount of time to even play the game.

I know nothing of Peyton's personal interactions but: Super talented, super successful, overachiever, constantly driving to improve, constantly criticized as not good enough usually does not a perfectly personable person make. See: Michael Jordan. And other areas of life as well. The absolute best at something rarely get along with the 'common man.' It applies to all areas.

With regards to the issue at hand: I'm torn on which angle to take in that I actually think a doctor prescribed medication to help heal is probably no big deal. But it is still against the rules and by denying it so vigorously you make it a big deal.

The fact that the entire story comes down to one guy with weak credentials who has now backed off his story makes me want to just shrug it off as bogus until more evidence comes up.

EDIT: Also, his name is really Charlie Sly? Heh.
    Last edited by Ransom; 12-28-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Mood

Really glad this d-bag isn't on ESPN anymore.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post

Really glad this d-bag isn't on ESPN anymore.
    oh come on, its actually hilarious.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Peyton is pissed off to the point of talking about taking legal action.

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/peyto...era-hgh-report
    ďJust because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.Ē ― Ricky Gervais.

Peyton is doing what I'd expect if he was innocent, though admittedly we've seen this from other athletes who were proven to be lying.

Simmons' reaction is predictable. But it does highlight that 90% of the reactions will come down to what you think of the guy. Most analysts like Peyton, for good reasons. For most fans, well my suspicion is that Colt and Broncos fans will defend him and Patriots fans will go crazy.

Also, how Brady was handled shouldn't mean Peyton gets the same treatment. For starters, it bugs me when people condemn others for not making the same mistake twice. If you think they should have been easier on Brady then you should applaud a slower approach here unless you're just being vindictive.
    Last edited by Ransom; 12-28-2015 at 05:32 PM.

Had to laugh .....

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Peyton is pissed off to the point of talking about taking legal action.

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/peyto...era-hgh-report
    Hmmmm.... At what point doth he protest too much?

------

-John Wooden