Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: My biggest fear right now

  1. #1
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,718

    Default My biggest fear right now

    Yes it has been fun for the past few weeks, and yes the guys have played extremely well. Their 13-6 record in the past 19 games is no fluke, I give the current players a ton of credit and I give the coaching staff all the credit in the world.

    However, I have a real worry right now. Let me first say I thought after the 1st quarter the Pacers played fine today. The Knicks played very well for them and they won fair and square. Pacers had their chances but could not close the Knicks out. If the Knicks played like this more often, they would be in the playoff hunt.

    So my fear has nothing to do with todays game.

    My fear: the Pacers players are dead tired right now. AJ, Reggie, Jax, and Dale have been pushed to their limits. Dale was subpar in the first half today, but was able to play a pretty good 2nd half, but overall he looks very tired to me.

    AJ has been pushed beyond his limits if you ask me. He played great today, but looking at him on the bench, he looked spent physically. He does not have much left.

    Reggie knows his career is about over so he likely will be able to push through, but I worry about him being able to keep this pace up at his age.

    Jackson who never seems to get tired has a bad ankle and hamstring and seems like he is getting mentally tired. And that is when he makes some mistakes.

    Those are the 4 key players right now that are leading the team.

    I really don't know how much longer those 4 guys are carry the load, the schedule does not let up until the regular season is over, never having more than 1 day between games.

    As Reggie said the Pacers have been playing playoff basketball for a few weeks now, and I believe it is starting to show. So when the playoff do start, their is not another gear to click into and I fear the team being mentally and physically exhausted. There were times in the game today when the energy was poor, like the guys could not bring it.


    Reggie, Dale and AJ have been pushed and forced to play much larger roles and I don't know how much longer they can keep it up

  2. #2
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,814

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    I thought maybe your biggest fear was somebody actually sitting in that seat to your left and it finally came true..........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  3. #3
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,718

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought maybe your biggest fear was somebody actually sitting in that seat to your left and it finally came true..........


    That's it, I'm getting new seats next season. I don't like the eye in the sky. Actually the guy I used to sit with did not renew his tickets this season. So I will do something different next year. He was great to sit next to he knew basketball like the back of his hand, but he did not distract me with needless chit chat.

  4. #4
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    UB, you raise an interesting point.

    To make things more interesting: if/when they are so tired, and JO comes back...are we going to see them defer to JO anyway? Even if the system is made to incoporate Jermaine, will they be so tired as to throw it in to the "fresh legs" and let him do all the work?

  5. #5
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    You could be right UB. There's been a hell of a load to carry this year. They never give up though do they? That 4th quarter comeback had to take enormous energy.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  6. #6
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,952

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    My biggest fear is we were destined to win a championship with this team we have right now...until Peck jinxed it with his thread stating as much.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  7. #7
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    I am currently invisible to the MR cam.... :P
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  8. #8

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    Just like I said. We're still going to end up with a "lost" season, and no lottery pick to show for it. Even if we manage to get out of the first round, the goal is to win a title.

  9. #9

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    I'm worried about making the playoffs. We are not in yet. Magic number is still 3 at least, maybe 4. All against playoff teams or teams close to the playoffs except Toronto.

    We must beat Toronto or we are in jeopardy of missing the playoffs. This is another reason the Knicks game was so Important to win!!

    Water

  10. #10
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    Quote Originally Posted by waterjater
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm worried about making the playoffs. We are not in yet. Magic number is still 3 at least, maybe 4. All against playoff teams or teams close to the playoffs except Toronto.

    We must beat Toronto or we are in jeopardy of missing the playoffs. This is another reason the Knicks game was so Important to win!!
    It's not that bad yet.

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...?t=9562&page=2

    A win tonight would eliminate Orlando from the playoffs, and put New Jersey's magic number to 2 (i.e., one Pacers win and one Nets loss are all we'd need this season to clinch a playoff berth). We're in the playoffs. At this point it's just about seed.

    I really don't care. We're not going to drop below #6, which is the Celtics. I have no problem playing the Celtics or the Bulls in the first round, and that's who we'll have.

  11. #11
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    Snakes... Why did it have to be snakes...
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  12. #12
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Snakes... Why did it have to be snakes...

  13. #13
    teY dennaB toN
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    I hope re-inserting JO into the line up at some point in the near future will help ease the overall team fatigue. I'm most worried about AJ and Dale in terms of physical exhaustion. I think it's pretty clear Jack has been, at the very least, mentally tired for quite a while. Not to mention how much he has been banged up lately. Reggie will be ok.

    That said, my biggest fear has and always will be -- Clowns. I hate clowns.

  14. #14
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,814

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    My biggest fear is losing to the Knicks by one in overtime then having my 6 year old throw up all over me as I'm carrying him through the very crowded walkway to the parking garage..........

    Many thanks to the lady who gave me the wipes........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  15. #15
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,930

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That said, my biggest fear has and always will be -- Clowns. I hate clowns.
    Then it is fortunate for you that Artest is out for the season!

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  16. #16
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    My biggest fear right now => was Jay's_Wife@Section204 posting on here this weekend?

    I've been so p!$$ed off that the whole SJax tantrum thing from Friday's game, so she's been on here lurking and reading me some of the brigade's posts.

    She was threatening to make a post or start a thread asking for help/ advice so that I'd quit saying, "I'd be happy if we started over with fifteen new players next season."

    I do remember offering to set up an account for her, but she said she didn't need one.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  17. #17
    teY dennaB toN
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My biggest fear is losing to the Knicks by one in overtime then having my 6 year old throw up all over me as I'm carrying him through the very crowded walkway to the parking garage..........

    Many thanks to the lady who gave me the wipes........

    No way! I walked right past you in the walkway yesterday. You already had the wipes in action. Didn't help the smell at all though. I commented that I was about to puke after that last tip in yesterday too.

    Too funny....

  18. #18

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    Rats.............large sewer rats.

    But I agree that the team is exhausted.......I am extremely proud of this team and if you would have told me after the suspensions that we could win between 41 and 44 games I would've been pleased. If we win a playoff series I will be thrilled. This team has overachieved in every sense of the word.What a dramatic year. Man, I hate drama.

  19. #19

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    My biggest fear....is getting a B in organic chem....

    sadly, I have no life....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  20. #20
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My biggest fear....is getting a B in organic chem....

    sadly, I have no life....


    I'm laughing out loud man...that is so true. I'm stressing out like it's no ones business right now.

    My Canadian history final is tomorrow, and I have a Medieval history final on Wednesday. Then not long after - we have American history and 20th century history.

    I can't think straight

    It's the final run though...I'm taking a "Reggie-like" approach. Just give it everything I got right now because it's all going to be over in a few weeks.

  21. #21
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,718

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My biggest fear....is getting a B in organic chem....

    sadly, I have no life....

    If I ever got a B in organic chem, it would be a miracle

  22. #22
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,814

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No way! I walked right past you in the walkway yesterday. You already had the wipes in action. Didn't help the smell at all though. I commented that I was about to puke after that last tip in yesterday too.

    Too funny....
    Yeah, real funny.

    Luckily Great Clips was kind enough to give us a free jersey, so I could change him out of his retro #11 and into the retro 05.
    Just got word he threw up on the couch this morning, too....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  23. #23
    teY dennaB toN
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, real funny.

    Luckily Great Clips was kind enough to give us a free jersey, so I could change him out of his retro #11 and into the retro 05.
    Just got word he threw up on the couch this morning, too....

    Don't feel bad, my black lab wharfed on the couch last night out of nowhere. Normally, she'll give you some full body convulsions before she produces the goods, and you can get her onto a non-stainable surface.

    Last night was just a brutal *yak* (partially digested puppy chow)

  24. #24
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    Wow, what are feeding that kid? You should try something other than split pea soup all the time.....



    Say, his head doesn't spin around and mumble in tougues does it?

  25. #25
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: My biggest fear right now

    My son hurled cotton candy all over the back seat of the car on the way back from a game last year. Not fun to clean up at all.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •