Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: At what point in time does it....

Default Re: At what point in time does it....

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    become to soon to beleive something special is happening & is going to happen in the playoffs?
    hmmmm...... I wanna believe but the way this season has gone thus far, I'm just enjoying whats going on right now and not worrying too much about whats going to happen a few weeks from now.

Is it to much to think that picking up Dale Davis is the single most significant transaction that we have had since Byron Scott came on board in 94?
    I've been saying it for years... the Pacers most pressing need was another bigman... a legitimate bigman. The DD for JO trade was probably the most significant trade since '94, IMHO ... but getting DD back, man.... can't even find the words to express my feelings on it....

Is it wrong to believe that Anthony Johnson is the leagues most improved player in the second half of the season?
    A. Johnson had such a good year last season.... I think he could have been the leagues most regressed player for the first half of this season. He's just coming back into form now, in my opinion.

Is it wrong to think that we have gone from a fluffy soft team to a team that is physical & bruising?
    Thanx Dale!

Does anybody really hope that J.O. doesn't rush back & hangs out till we need a low post presence in the playoffs?
    Count me in.

Is anybody else enjoying Scott Pollard as much as I am over the past 5 games?
    I've enjoyed watching Pollard all season, when he's been healthy anyway. Last season he seemed to be "homesick" for Sacto and didn't really look like he was gelling with the team. This season he looks more comfortable and plays like he feels that he's an important part of this team... I didn't see that too much last season.

Would it be wrong to point out that Jeff Foster is the best backup center in the NBA right now?
    I've always been a Foster fan.... I just always knew that he wasn't starter material. At least not permanent starter material.

Is it wrong to think that Stephen Jackson for Al Harrington was a good trade. (sorry Tim)
    ROTFLMAO!!!! This team improved the minute that Harrington was traded..... my only regret is that I had to suffer through his seasons here.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Whheeeeee!!! We're gonna be in the finals wweeeeeeeeeeeeee...we'll win it aaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllll.....wweeeeeeee! JB is gonna return in time to lead us like Garnett!!! ! WEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

oooops...........ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh!

ouch

stubbed my toe on sumthin back there!! wunner whut it was??????
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    Having suffered from plantar fasciitis at one time in my life, I can understand why Rik needed to start/ get all his minutes while he was warmed up. What I never understood was why the didn't have him walking on a treadmill behind the bench or in the runway for a few minutes before he'd check back into a game after resting.

I, for one, never really considered moving DD to center until Rik was set to retire, and by then AD was already gone.

Oh, and forgive me for following your tangent.
    I knew that reason would be brought up (mainly, because it was always brought up back then). I never bought into that one, either, though. If he's able to play later in the game after having sat down for awhile, why couldn't he have done the same later in the 1st quarter. Especially if he walked on a treadmill as you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    Hmmmmmm.......

I seem to remember somebody telling me last year at the gathering that Shaq was not going to make that much of a differance? I just can't seem to remember who that person was.
    I blew that one.

You still waiting on your prediction?

As we continue to improve in the Playoffs I always remember the title of this thread.