Thread: No Claxton, no Van Exel this week - Pacers should take this one

Default No Claxton, no Van Exel this week - Pacers should take this one

By the time they took the floor against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Friday, the Warriors had already suffered one loss, and learned of an impending one. But they responded with a determined effort against one of the NBA's best teams, playing Minnesota close before finishing with a 91-81 loss.

The day's worst news, however, was Speedy Claxton being diagnosed with a right-hand fracture, which will sideline the ever-more-integral point guard for at least three weeks.

Compounding that was the announcement by Nick Van Exel, Claxton's backup, that he probably will undergo season-ending surgery next week on his left knee.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...rs/8063224.htm
    ___

Not that the Pacers should not win this game anyway, but losing both Claxton and Van Exel hurts the W's. I guess we'll see a lot of Avery Johnson's old bones.

Default Re: No Claxton, no Van Exel this week - Pacers should take this one

Glad those Nick VanExel trade rumors were just that. I didn't realize he might have season ending surgery. Thanks for the headsup.

I read that Van Exel will play tonight @ Chicago but after tonight it's off to the surgeon.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Man, how much would THAT have sucked? Trade for Speedy and he goes down.

Speedy's hand breaking is one of those freak game accidents that happened during the Memphis game. If he was traded would it have happened?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Speedy's hand breaking is one of those freak game accidents that happened during the Memphis game. If he was traded would it have happened?
    Kero, are they ever going to put Speedy on the IL? Or just let him occupy a roster spot until he's healthy? My fantasy teeam needs the space.
    My fantasy team IS space.

Damn injuries. ed:

Kero, are they ever going to put Speedy on the IL? Or just let him occupy a roster spot until he's healthy? My fantasy teeam needs the space.
    I'm pretty sure he is on the IL. He's going to be out at least 3 weeks.

Yeah, don't know if he'll offcially go on. He's going to be out for a while though. Hurts my fantasy team too.