Thread: PD NBA Fantasy Leagues

Default PD NBA Fantasy Leagues

Its playoff time and I thought as the first week of playoffs draws to a close it was time to give everyone a scorecheck and recap of where the 3 PD fantasy leagues are at.

I'm hoping someone from each of the 3 leagues can do a league overview and then everyone who made the playoffs can do a little write up for their team.

League Overview :

Representing the PD League 3, the group of first time players and people too lazy to sign up for the other leagues on time.
    Here is the ladder at the end of the regular season:

Borat jumped out to an early lead and maintained a ~10game lead over the rest of the field over almost the entire season. His combo of LBJ and Dirk has been very tough to top.

My team, the Intangibles, was challenging for top spot, picking up a few games here and there after half way and then suffering a bunch of injuries towards the end of the season and got caned by Borat and Pacer Pride, losing the 2nd spot.

Here is the finals format for League 3 :

Team Overview

Previous Fantasy Experience : None before this season.

Here is my matchup with Gyron for a semi final berth :

I'm pretty happy with how my team has ended moving into the playoffs.
    After being too heavy on pts/reb/assist at the start of the season, I made this following trade with Borat.

Trade of the season :

Antawn Jamison and Chris Bosh (to Borat) for Gilbert Arenas and Carmelo Anthony (to Intangibles).

Given that I turned Melo into Prince and Arenas has torn it up all season while Jamison has gotten injured, I think this was my best move towards contending for the title.

Pickup of the season

Hmm...I flirted with some of the Hornets for a while who put up decent numbers. I purposely avoided taking Pacers players to avoid rose coloured glasses, but going into the playoffs, picking up AJ on the 20th march has really shored up my assists and his fantastic all around play and general efficiency would almost make him the top of my 4 pgs above Billups, Parker and Arenas. Krystic also gets an honourable mention here for his reliable play over the last month.

Missed opportunity of the season

I didn't trade Brad Miller when I had the chance. After his stellar play after Webber got traded I got greedy. I should have remembered that he always gets injured. Borat wanted a Miller/Gasol (while Pau was injured) for Dirk trade. I wussed out of it cause I thought I was sitting pretty, but i've only just got Gasol back in the lineup and that trade would have been pretty big in hindsight.

Default Re: PD NBA Fantasy Leagues

I gave up very early on.

sweabs

Here are the results from Pacers Digest Fatasy League 1.

Btown has basically dominated from start to finish. He has always been comfortably seated at the #1 spot (Indy Spankeroos). With his first pick in the draft, he selected Andrei Kirilenko, and we all know how his season has panned out to be. Yet, he has still found a way to remain consistent - making good trades and acquiring some nice pickups off waivers.

Able's team has also been very consistent and really maintained a top 2-3 position throughout (able's pussies).

Sorry, I can't really give much insight into what other teams did...but I can let you know a little about mine (Rcarey's Carebears):

I started off pretty weak - I didn't know why, because I thought I had the right pieces. My starters usually included Steve Francis, Rafer Alston, Darius Miles, Antoine Walker, Amare Stoudemire, Tracy McGrady, Troy Murphy, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Raef Lafrentz. I personally thought that I had a nice draft. Anyway, I flirted with the 7-8th spots near the beginning, and one thing I noticed about half-way through things was my assists category was not so great. Therefore I traded Wally Sczerbiak for Brevin Knight - and it's helped. Well, by the second half of the season I was comfortably in the 4th place spot, and finished up there. Here are the results:

Playoffs have now began. The scores in the 2 playoff games as of now, are:

Rcarey's Carebears: 7
    Bukakke Warriors: 2

AND

able's pussies: 4
    Roaming Gnome's Fury: 4

Here is what the playoff bracket looks like:

Anyway, it's been a fun year. I hope I can participate next year - and maybe we can get some of you top finishers from Pacers Digest League 2 up in League 1 instead of the couple inactive owners we had.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

i'm in league three and have a comfortable lead over Puff Daddy (btown) in the first round. Hopefully I can come from fifth and win. Also hopefully i can move up a rung or two next year.

Youman

See You in the 2nd round Nash...I hope 3rd times the charm for me...Damn both teams you had beat me

but picking up Finley during the playoffs won't hurt

peace,
    Borat's All-Stars
    P.D. League 3 - Seaon Champions ...but will crap out like the 2004 Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But as for the league I'm leading in, I'm boned in the 2nd round.

I've lost around 6 guys for the season in the last 9 days. I can't overcome that against Rcarey in the next round.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    Hey, how has the offseason been treating ya?

I was surprised with your team - it was in the top 2-3 for the majority of the start of the season - then just dropped off the face of the earth.

btown - assuming I make it to the next round, I still wouldn't be so quick to assume my team will win. Your team was nicely built - you really have a lot of weapons. I feel bad for ya - having all your guys go down at this point in the season is rough (I had it happen in another one of my leagues).

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    Hey, how has the offseason been treating ya?

I was surprised with your team - it was in the top 2-3 for the majority of the start of the season - then just dropped off the face of the earth.

btown - assuming I make it to the next round, I still wouldn't be so quick to assume my team will win. Your team was nicely built - you really have a lot of weapons. I feel bad for ya - having all your guys go down at this point in the season is rough (I had it happen in another one of my leagues).
    Losing Tinsley and Brad Miller wasn't helpful.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by skyfire

Missed opportunity of the season

I didn't trade Brad Miller when I had the chance. After his stellar play after Webber got traded I got greedy. I should have remembered that he always gets injured. Borat wanted a Miller/Gasol (while Pau was injured) for Dirk trade. I wussed out of it cause I thought I was sitting pretty, but i've only just got Gasol back in the lineup and that trade would have been pretty big in hindsight.
    I would say the MOST missed opportunity of the year was played out by ME! a few times. I was offered Dirk for JO and other solid players for JO but i immediately rejected them...and here i am, suspension, injury.....and all i can think is "why didnt i do that trade!"

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

My story has been pretty fantastic, thus far... I made the playoffs despite losing Ron Artest for the season and a weak draft on my part. 5 or 6 weeks ago, I was in 10th place in my league and going no where fast. I managed to cut a ton of players thru the season and getting lucky off the Free Agent list, I managed to pick up guys like Damon Jones, Dan Dickau, and Chris Anderson when they were getting hot.

I managed to make the play-offs moving from the 7th seed to 6th on the very last week of the regular season. Now I have able's 2nd seeded team on the ropes as I lead 5-4 going into Sunday...

I smell a 6th seed moving thru the bracket!!!

sweabs

Damn...I had no idea Roaming Gnome. I guess now that you mention it, I never did see you near the top of the list - and now you're in eh?

Well congrats - maybe we can knock off these big guys and meet in the finals?

Have we had any representatives from PD Fantasy League 2 yet?

Who was the organiser for League #1? How many players dropped out/lost interest?
    Would it be possible to have some sort of relegation system for next season so we could fill League #1 up with players who will see out the season?

sweabs

I'm hoping that we can do that for next year as well, skyfire. I think there were about 2 teams in League #1 that really just quit for whatever reason and were inactive for most the season. Btown would know the exact number.

Perhaps we can make this like Premiership soccer - the top teams from League #2 can come up to League #1, and the bottom teams from League #1 are demoted to League #2?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    Ha. I've checked my team like 3 times in that league. Beating me shouldn't be all that difficult....
    it's not like i'm bragging. i know its not an accomplishment.

Mood

don't like borat much?

Bukkake Warriors?

You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?