Thread: This really pissed me off.

Default This really pissed me off.

Rather than typing it all up again, I'll just paste what I wrote here (thread may get moved/deleted, but if not this link will work):

http://www.nightly.net/cgi-bin/ultim.../70/2387.html?

This took place on a Star Wars forum (I follow EP3 spoilers and such; mostly lurking these days)

Not sure where to post this, but since the 'story' centers around Star Wars and EP3 I decided to post here.

I've been here a long time, and recently started reading Millenniumfalcon.com's EP3 board because they'd been getting a lot of neat spoilers.

I finally registered a name a couple weeks ago.

Tonight I finally make a post, and soon after that I saw the post on this thread about a supposed release of a single track from the ROTS soundtrack.

Excited, I quickly made a thread on their board, linking to that post, and then linking to the mp3 download, thinking I was doing a favor by spreading the good news/scoop/whatever.

Soon I read through and realized it was a fake, and apologized for the mistake and edited the title as to not mislead anyone.

That was an hour or two ago. I was just heading back there since being away, only to find they BANNED ME for that. BANNED. What a ****ing insult. I mean that stung a bit because it was so absurd and I had just started feeling like that was a place I enjoyed reading (well, mostly, some guys are real jerks).

All I wanted to do was do a nice thing and share something I'd found that I thought was a real deal. It was an honest mistake, but I did it the right way, crediting the source, apologizing when I realized I had messed up, etc. but those ****s just outright ban me for that.

I guess no one really cares, but god damn that just rubbed me wrong. That's such an out-of-line reason to do that. Totally uncalled for, and a (for the internet, anyway) a major insult. I guess I'm just stung and needed to rant.

Kudos for always having much better administration than those jerks, Nightly.net. When I created my Pacers forum a couple years back, I modeled a lot of my adminning off the fine job you guys do, and it's night's like tonight when I remember that I love being able to do it 'the right way' at least in my own neck of the woods, along with enjoying it on this place (even if I basically only read these days).

Sorry for wasting anyones time; I just needed to blow off some steam.
    Those ****ing pricks are just burning me with that assinine behavior. You just don't do that as an admin if you have any ****ing decency.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: This really pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rather than typing it all up again, I'll just paste what I wrote here (thread may get moved/deleted, but if not this link will work):

http://www.nightly.net/cgi-bin/ultim.../70/2387.html?

This took place on a Star Wars forum (I follow EP3 spoilers and such; mostly lurking these days)

Those ****ing pricks are just burning me with that assinine behavior. You just don't do that as an admin if you have any ****ing decency.
    You might have been doing something against board rules by linking to the Mp3 or maybe even illegal. ??? I'm not sure.

They LIVE for leaked videos, pictures, audio, however they can get their paws on it. No, this was a rush to judgement over pettiness.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why don't you go back there and re-register and say how it was a mistake, and then bash them for their ways and leave.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    Why don't you go back there and re-register and say how it was a mistake, and then bash them for their ways and leave.
    Well first of all it wouldn't be very classy. Second, it wouldn't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Well first of all it wouldn't be very classy. Second, it wouldn't mean anything.
    Were they classy by banning you that way? I think not.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Way to fight fire with fire

I think Hicks is correct. What they did was wrong, but bashing them will prove nothing.
    Hey! Wait! I thought we all agreed here at Pacersdigest!

BTW, by bashing, I don't mean trolling. I mean just telling them they were wrong and saying it was stupid of them to do what they did. Not saying "Hey, screw you, buddy!" Or crap like that.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions