Thread: Hornets announcers are the worst I have heard all season

Default Hornets announcers are the worst I have heard all season

For those of you without NBA League Pass or those who are watching the local Pacers broadcast here is what you missed from the horrible Hornets announcers.

The started the game talking about the importance of this game because of the tie-breaker situation. WHAT? The Hornets are 11 games back, I don't think the tie-breaker is going to factor in.

They moved on to other topics, saying that Foster is afraid of Jamaal Magloire and that Tinsley is afraid of Baronb davis.

Then they went to great lengths to talk about how a 12 point lead agaisnt the Pacers is lreally like a 20 point lead.

Oh, and the camera work is beyond bad, looks like something a 4th grade class would put together.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Hornets announcers are the worst I have heard all season

An how many plays are they going to miss in this game. They have missed at least 4 full plays so far while showing among other things the crowd or a coach.

Man I hate that missing plays to show non game related stuff it is the thing I hate about NBA broadcasts the most.

Man I hate that missing plays to show non game related stuff it is the thing I hate about NBA broadcasts the most.

That is my biggest pet peeve right now.

Televising basketball is by far the easiest of the major sports.

One rule: never break away from live action. basketball is so easy because while the ball is in play all you have to do is keep the same camera angle. But the directors I guess try to get creactive and think perhaps fans want to see some lame graphic or a third replay or the always horrible crowd shot

UB, do you always have to watch the Pacers road games on League Pass? Do the Pacers have local cable coverage of their road games? That would suck to always have to listen to the other teams broadcast. I wouldn't mind doing it once in a while to get a different perspective but to have go through that every game would suck. The 76ers games are all blacked out on my league pass but we get full local cable coverage for every home and road game; I mean if I had to listen to Heinsohn when the 76ers played the Celts I would go out and buy a gun.

Glad I was not the only one that thought the production value rivaled that of a high school crew. I ended up pressing mute for the second half.

Thank league pass that most of the Pacer games have Pacer commentators. Hopefully the Utah game has them because the Jazz team is among the most annoying I have ever heard. The play-by-play guy makes me want to watch reality TV.

And you guys gave me a hard time for thinking league pass wasn't worth the $$$ ed: ...

Just watch the local broadcast (if you live around Indy or in my case Bloomington). If you want to hear other announcers you can do so via the radio feeds on RealOne Superpass... (radio announcers are almost always superior to TV announcers anyway)