Thread: music at Pacers games - suggestions? - extra stuff

3ptmiller

Default Re: music at Pacers games - suggestions?

Sorry bout this but are u guys serious? What kinda music is that!!?? pointer sisters !? Leo Slayer!? Who da hell are those & who da hell gave them permission to sing!? I know most of us here are White guys and listen to "white" music, but cmon!! we are talking about Basketball here... and that should be real Basketball music!!
    With that i mean, that we "ballers" get usually hyped of only GOOD HIPHOP/RAP/R&B maybe some good Trance aswell by ASTRAL PROJECTION... ONLY!! Example if you put Tupac Shakurs song on their warmup, it usually brings old memories from your old days when u used to dream about playing in the NBA, it just brings memories and makes you play harder than ever... on the other hand, the "white music" listening crowd would not like that? And on the other hand that Music like "Leo Slayer?" will only make those Ballers commit suicide instead.. hahah.. Paul Bunyon dont listen their sugestions!

Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry bout this but are u guys serious? What kinda music is that!!?? pointer sisters !? Leo Slayer!? Who da hell are those & who da hell gave them permission to sing!? I know most of us here are White guys and listen to "white" music, but cmon!! we are talking about Basketball here... and that should be real Basketball music!!
    With that i mean, that we "ballers" get usually hyped of only GOOD HIPHOP/RAP/R&B maybe some good Trance aswell by ASTRAL PROJECTION... ONLY!! Example if you put Tupac Shakurs song on their warmup, it usually brings old memories from your old days when u used to dream about playing in the NBA, it just brings memories and makes you play harder than ever... on the other hand, the "white music" listening crowd would not like that? And on the other hand that Music like "Leo Slayer?" will only make those Ballers commit suicide instead.. hahah.. Paul Bunyon dont listen their sugestions!
    John Edwards is a big Leo Sayer fan. That pretty much disputes all your generalizations right there. Shouldn't John Edwards hear music that brings back memories of his days before the NBA that make him play harder than ever?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Bball:

I have that punk on ignore for a reason, not that special a reason, but the above scribblings kind of make clear why one would put a person like that on permanent "ignore".

Tell hime please, on my behalf if you must, to take the next bunny out of here and hip-hop his puny little tush into a corn-field where he can then transcedent on more mediocre thoughts while I check out whether we still CAN with the Sisters.

HRMPH!
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

What a bunch of racial stereotyping bull****. I don't want to see this on PD.

How old are you? 12? The music is for the enjoyment of the fans, not the enjoyment and emotional hype of our overpaid PROFESSIONAL athletes. If they are as good as they say they are, and even as good as we think that they are, they don't need the music. Also, since you have not been around long as a Pacers fan, the songs the other posters are listing should be considered "throwback" songs. Heck, we still play "Bang on the Drums Allday" by Todd Rundgren or whatever that song is titled and that's what, 30 years old? I bet you don't like the throwback jerseys, either. I just would hope that you would consider how long time Pacers fans, such as myself, would like to hear the throwback music every once in a while. I think that there is enough hip-hop music before, during, and after a game to last someone a lifetime. But it's not white or black music, it's just old. Saying that it is white music shows a lack of intelligence and research on your part.

And finally, *gets on soapbox* I can't stand it when people have to tell other people their music is bad. Can't stand it. We all like what we like. We all dislike whatever we don't like. It should stop there. I hate this "your music is crap, only mine is taste" stuff.

Default Re: music at Pacers games - suggestions? - extra stuff

I tried to make a subtle attempt at humor to get 3pt to realize what he was saying.... I thought he was wading into territory the thread didn't need to be going as well.

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

3ptmiller

WHOAAAAAAAA!!!! TAKE IT EASY! Hahahaha!!! You got so upset for this Joke post! I dont understand why u got so upset guys? Oh my god.. I was only making a joke, and the style of music was my opinion, cant i have my opinion like you guys have? Did i reply on your opinions ever? Am i 12 just because i have a sense of humor 24/7? How OLD are you really? 40? No humor? To serious? If you really think that im 12 then you must be at least 40... you are way to serious guys and cant tolerate humor, I hope you just misunderstood that post, and HICKS? That was not RACIAL, im totally WHITE myself, i was only joking.... You guys really scare me you know that? Now you really got me scared to write another post in here, i realise you lack a sense of humor... I CANT BELIEVE THIS? LOL.... but BBALL, I give you RESPECT my friend, you are the only in here who understood i was joking... but hey i will still Apologise to you guys for that post(i really dont know why), and i promise to never JOKE anymore in here(i reliase that many people in here are way to serious and lack sense of humor and call people a 12 year old for that)

I can accept an apology. The thing of this is, we just don't like racial stereotyping. It seems you were just joking, but it's just something we can be sensitive about. Even when it's lighthearted, it just rubs many the wrong way. I really appreciate you trying to explain yourself, some don't even try when they get jumped on.

3ptmiller

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac
    How old are you? 12? The music is for the enjoyment of the fans, not the enjoyment and emotional hype of our overpaid PROFESSIONAL athletes. If they are as good as they say they are, and even as good as we think that they are, they don't need the music. Also, since you have not been around long as a Pacers fan, the songs the other posters are listing should be considered "throwback" songs. Heck, we still play "Bang on the Drums Allday" by Todd Rundgren or whatever that song is titled and that's what, 30 years old? I bet you don't like the throwback jerseys, either. I just would hope that you would consider how long time Pacers fans, such as myself, would like to hear the throwback music every once in a while. I think that there is enough hip-hop music before, during, and after a game to last someone a lifetime. But it's not white or black music, it's just old. Saying that it is white music shows a lack of intelligence and research on your part.
    Ok then i fully understand you my friend, thanks for explaining.. its difficult for me because im a Pacer fan outside the US, and i dont know these small things that do mater... BTW: i was only joking dont take it so personal

WHOAAAAAAAA!!!! TAKE IT EASY! Hahahaha!!! You got so upset for this Joke post! I dont understand why u got so upset guys? Oh my god.. I was only making a joke, and the style of music was my opinion, cant i have my opinion like you guys have? Did i reply on your opinions ever? Am i 12 just because i have a sense of humor 24/7? How OLD are you really? 40? No humor? To serious? If you really think that im 12 then you must be at least 40... you are way to serious guys and cant tolerate humor, I hope you just misunderstood that post, and HICKS? That was not RACIAL, im totally WHITE myself, i was only joking.... You guys really scare me you know that? Now you really got me scared to write another post in here, i realise you lack a sense of humor... I CANT BELIEVE THIS? LOL.... but BBALL, I give you RESPECT my friend, you are the only in here who understood i was joking... but hey i will still Apologise to you guys for that post(i really dont know why), and i promise to never JOKE anymore in here(i reliase that many people in here are way to serious and lack sense of humor and call people a 12 year old for that)

You should be scared, next time we will bypass the bashing and start removing body parts.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

3ptmiller

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I can accept an apology. The thing of this is, we just don't like racial stereotyping. It seems you were just joking, but it's just something we can be sensitive about. Even when it's lighthearted, it just rubs many the wrong way. I really appreciate you trying to explain yourself, some don't even try when they get jumped on.
    Yes i understand you, but i really joke to much.. to much jim carrey

3ptmiller

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    You should be scared, next time we will bypass the bashing and start removing body parts.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, this thread went to hell....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Yes i understand you, but i really joke to much.. to much jim carrey

Any Jim Carrey is too much!

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

3ptmiller

Quote Originally Posted by able
    Bball:

I have that punk on ignore for a reason, not that special a reason, but the above scribblings kind of make clear why one would put a person like that on permanent "ignore".

Tell hime please, on my behalf if you must, to take the next bunny out of here and hip-hop his puny little tush into a corn-field where he can then transcedent on more mediocre thoughts while I check out whether we still CAN with the Sisters.

HRMPH!
    Oh cmon ABLE...... i was only Joking, did that bad joking post made you put me on ignore? You gotta be kidding!?? Not that i care, but if you put me on Ignore list, that means i Cant get access to the Pacersfans.com site and NEVER in my life be Able to watch a Pacer game... man thats Evil from you, you must be kidding, even if you got me on Ignore, i would like to apologise from my heart (i dont know why) and i do like you very much man, you are the one who makes it possible for me to Talk with Pacer fans and Watch Pacer games, it cant get any better... puting me on Ignore is like Banning me Able i apologise for anything i did to make you Ignore me (still dont know what i did) but HEY! I APOLOGISE.. please forgive me Able, let me kiss you now!