Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bias Article Discussion

Default Re: Bias Article Discussion

retake 1: 4 bomb threats
    retake 2: sometimes they go off, not evacuating = bad security
    retake 3: fight in stands; not reallygood security
    retake 4: beer sold till "after" 3d quarter: not good security with 1.5 hours of "extra drinking time"
    retake 5: NBA did punish Pacers for everything, forced them to play now, hence: RM=right

I can go on and on and on and on, but wil leave it at this for now, giving you a taste of your medicine.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus, were there not 4 threats called in?
    Which I doubt would have been called in, had the initial one not successfully delayed the game by 90 minutes.

It was just people trying to be funny and say they cancelled an NBA game.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Default Re: Vescey on the bomb at the Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Because GOD KNOWS what reggie would have said if word came that there was a bomb threat and they DIDNT clear the pacers out of the locker room.....
    That is so weak. Yes, I'm sure they were fearful of Reggie's quotes in the paper the next day.

If 11/19 never happened, I doubt much would have been made about this.
    Big if.

The pistons got a bomb threat 2 weeks ago in boston, and there wasn't much of a delay, and I didnt hear anything about boston's secutiry afterwords.
    Detroit is a special case, and I don't have to explain why.

Which I doubt would have been called in, had the initial one not successfully delayed the game by 90 minutes.

Speculation to pretend there's not a real problem here. The most likely cause was a idiot Piston fan thought he'd be macho and scare people.

sweabs

But the point is - it might not have been. And when 4! Not one, not two, not three...BUT FOUR threats are called in, you need to take things seriously.

You would think it would go something like this:

First call = "Ugh...some prankster...(much like in your Boston game)".
    Second call = "Hm...okay then - maybe just a couple pranksters, but still something to take into account".
    Third call = "Okay...this is getting a little ridiculous".
    Fourth call = "This should definitely be taken with the upmost precaution".

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Detroit is a special case, and I don't have to explain why.
    Bingo. If something drastic IS going to happen, like we have already seen this year - Detroit is probably the most likely place for it to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by able
    retake 1: 4 bomb threats
    retake 2: sometimes they go off, not evacuating = bad security
    retake 3: fight in stands; not reallygood security
    retake 4: beer sold till "after" 3d quarter: not good security with 1.5 hours of "extra drinking time"
    retake 5: NBA did punish Pacers for everything, forced them to play now, hence: RM=right

I can go on and on and on and on, but wil leave it at this for now, giving you a taste of your medicine.
    1. 4 people with cell phones. WOW. What awful security.

2. There was no reason to believe the threat was legit- bomb squad and nobody else was allowed in the locker rooms, and they went over it what, three times?

3. As I rcall, the fight was broken up BY security. Or do you expect them to use their super powers to suddenly jump in the middle and stop them BEFORE they decided to throw punches?

4. Didnt realize beer sales was bad security......that's the biggest reach you've given us so far.

5. Hitting fans is the cardinal sin in NBA fights. Hence the difference in suspensions. Obviously, no pistons were going to hit their own fans. So you can either go to conseco and throw crap at ben wallace in the hop that he'll retaliate, or you can get back on your cross and keep playing your violin.

All the piston fans who could be identified have been banned for life. Neither the Palace, nor the NBA can do ANYTHING more than that.

And ABSOLUTELY the NBA was right in forcing them to play, if there was no reason whatsoever to believe that the bomb threat was anything but a prank. The locker room was under armed guard the whole day. End of discussion.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Because GOD KNOWS what reggie would have said if word came that there was a bomb threat and they DIDNT clear the pacers out of the locker room.....

If 11/19 never happened, I doubt much would have been made about this. The pistons got a bomb threat 2 weeks ago in boston, and there wasn't much of a delay, and I didnt hear anything about boston's secutiry afterwords.

You are making my point for me. Bomb threats are nothing new, they are made all the time. Why did the Police take it seriously this time. "because they were concerned about what reggie would say" Kstat that makes no sense. The bottom line is the police took the threat seriously.

And ABSOLUTELY the NBA was right in forcing them to play, if there was no reason whatsoever to believe that the bomb threat was anything but a prank. The locker room was under armed guard the whole day. End of discussion.

Then don't order the Pacers out of the locker room

or you can get back on your cross and keep playing your violin.
    Maybe I just haven't heard this saying before, but I love it.

End of discussion.
    That idiom, however, never fails to irk me. I can't stand these three words, when arranged this way.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    You are making my point for me. Bomb threats are nothing new, they are made all the time. Why did the Police take it seriously this time. "because they were concerned about what reggie would say" Kstat that makes no sense. The bottom line is the police took the thread seriously.
    This thread? Do I have to be careful what I say? Should I hire able as my lawyer? Just kidding with ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    You are making my point for me. Bomb threats are nothing new, they are made all the time. Why did the Police take it seriously this time. "because they were concerned about what reggie would say" Kstat that makes no sense. The bottom line is the police took the thread seriously.
    The bottom line is because of 11/19, the police were pretty much FORCED to overreact to any and everything. They just wanted to put on a show for the public because they were under a microscope. The Pacers had no such obligation. After they had been informed that there was zero chance of a bomb, they should have suited up and played.

Obviously, the pacers themselves weren't too worried about being bombed, because they CLEARLY had nothing on their mind but basketball during the game....

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    94-81

94-81
    4-2

I wish everyone were like BTown. He gets his point across in no less than five characters......

Reggie's got nothing on him in terms of efficiency......

4-2

I wish everyone were like BTown. He gets his point across in no less than fire characters......

Fire characters? Good God in heaven, I am leaving.

5. Hitting fans is the cardinal sin in NBA fights. Hence the difference in suspensions. Obviously, no pistons were going to hit their own fans. So you can either go to conseco and throw crap at ben wallace in the hop that he'll retaliate,
    At the end of the day, there was Ron Artest and Detroit Fans. Ron got the year off, and his team is paying for it every day. The main fans responsible are dealing with court, but on the front of the NBA, we're still suffering, and Detroit players/fans/franchise has been able to move on, aside from the fact that their rep went from bad to worse.

Maybe nothing could have been different. Maybe there's nothing else to be done to punish anyone for 11/19. But not only did we have to swallow the majority of **** thrown over this thing, but the ones who fed it to us's actiosn and words just rub us wholly the wrong way because they make no attempt at even making it SEEM like things were fairly treated. Combine that with Detroit (be it the press of those surrounding the team) off and on playing some pathetic "woe is me" crap when they have no business doing so since we took the full brunt of this mess, and you're left with a lot of pissed off people in Pacerland.

Re: 1-4, there's more here to talk about than security, and they keep overlapping. This isn't only about security.

or you can get back on your cross and keep playing your violin.
    How much do you charge for lessons?

You don't need to be told where you can shove that last line. As for the ones before it, God forbid they be sensitive to the Pacers' position in all of this. Compassion and the NBA apparently don't mix.

sweabs

The Pacers had no such obligation. After they had been informed that there was zero chance of a bomb, they should have suited up and played.
    That is easy for you to say. Maybe I am in the minority, but I think the 'right to refuse unsafe work' is an important one. And in my opinion, playing in a hostile environment for a couple hours where bomb threats have been called in seems to be 'unsafe'. Especially given the recent history........

94-81
    Genius.

Obviously, the pacers themselves weren't too worried about being bombed, because they CLEARLY had nothing on their mind but basketball during the game....
    Delusion. They've been overcoming adversity for months. I'm sure many didn't want to be there, but they've learned to play through damn near anything, and showed a lot of heart by winning despite the fear some may have had.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    That is easy for you to say. Maybe I am in the minority, but I think the 'right to refuse unsafe work' is an important one. And in my opinion, playing in a hostile environment for a couple hours where bomb threats have been called in seems to be 'unsafe'. Especially given the recent history........
    Suppose I PM you and say I put a bomb where you work.

No, obviously I know NOTHING about what your name is, or where you work, and you know I have never been near your office, ever. and you are %100 sure that I'm lying.

Does that make your work "unsafe?"

Recent history has nothing to do with the fact there was a %0 chance of there actually being a bomb in the pacers locker room. ZERO.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

At the end of the day, there was Ron Artest and Detroit Fans. Ron got the year off, and his team is paying for it every day. The main fans responsible are dealing with court, but on the front of the NBA, we're still suffering, and Detroit players/fans/franchise has been able to move on, aside from the fact that their rep went from bad to worse.

Maybe nothing could have been different. Maybe there's nothing else to be done to punish anyone for 11/19. But not only did we have to swallow the majority of **** thrown over this thing, but the ones who fed it to us's actiosn and words just rub us wholly the wrong way because they make no attempt at even making it SEEM like things were fairly treated. Combine that with Detroit (be it the press of those surrounding the team) off and on playing some pathetic "woe is me" crap when they have no business doing so since we took the full brunt of this mess, and you're left with a lot of pissed off people in Pacerland.
    See, now I think the Pistons should have been fined $5 million and not been allowed to sell alcohol for last Friday's game. There's got to be some accountability, and there was none. So I understand Pacer fans on that issue.

However, would that have stopped what happened Friday night? I honestly don't know.

Delusion. They've been overcoming adversity for months. I'm sure many didn't want to be there, but they've learned to play through damn near anything, and showed a lot of heart by winning despite the fear some may have had.
    The only delusion is thinking the pacers would be FEARING FOR THEIR LIVES and at the same time, playing as a team on a basketball court.

And please. DOn't compare that to anything you've gone through this season.

Obviously, even the pacers THEMSELVES realized there was no legit threat.

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    See, now I think the Pistons should have been fined $5 million and not been allowed to sell alcohol for last Friday's game. There's got to be some accountability, and there was none. So I understand Pacer fans on that issue.

However, would that have stopped what happened Friday night? I honestly don't know.
    If it was all about money, I'd agree with you %100.

But do you honestly think ANYONE here is upset simply because the Pistons didnt get FINED a few million dollars?

Suppose I PM you and say I put a bomb where you work.

No, obviously I know NOTHING about what your name is, or where you work, and you know I have never been near your office, ever. and you are %100 sure that I'm lying.

Does that make your work "unsafe?"
    That's not the same thing. It's NOT impossible for someone to have planted something. Callers who threaten DO know where the Palace is, and they could certainly know what to do to try to plant something. It's at least a lot more likely than this fictional hyperbole you've just described.

Recent history has nothing to do with the fact there was a %0 chance of there actually being a bomb in the pacers locker room. ZERO.
    That's wishful thinking. It's certainly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Sorry Kstat, I like you but thats just ignorant.

Suppose I find out where you work and what office you are in and out a bombin your office.

So you take you current stance and go to work. A bomb goes off.

Yeah, its very unlikely, but what is your excuse when it does happen. Well, sir, your son was right, it was very unlikely, but i regrent to inform you he was wrong and now he is hurt/dead

Now try explaining that to XX,XXX amount of fans, plus the players.....
    If I had armed guards in front of my office all day, and then had a bomb squad go through it THREE TIMES?

Yeah, I'd probably feel more safe than I do NOW, WITHOUT a bomb threat.....

I wish all buisnesses were as "unsafe" as the palace locker room....

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Wait, so now you cant play both a good game of basketball while being scared.

The funny part is if the Pacers lost and one of us brought this point up you would be the first one calling "bs" and telling us to stop making excuses
    I actually considered that shortly before the game started, but I figured that there was no way around it. In that respect, I'm HAPPY the pacers won, because the threads following a LOSS would probably have been a lot worse.....