Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bias Article Discussion

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bias Article Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you're saying Piston fans should direct their anger at Ron Artest then?
    Most already do.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Reggie was totally out of hand in critisizing palace security. I think he went WAY too far in his comments.
    Funny. That's more outspoken than you ever were about Ben for his role in 11/19.

I'd say most Pistons fans see Reggie now the same way Pacers fans see Ben Wallace.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Funny. That's more outspoken than you ever were about Ben for his role in 11/19.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
    Come on Hicks, lay off. We all read how greatly improved Palace security was. And we saw the evidence for ourselves, like the one security guard they put behind the bench, and the canopies they pu..., uh nevermind.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    So you're saying Piston fans should direct their anger at Ron Artest then?
    Oh yeah, how stupid of me. I forgot, your a Pistons fan. Ben didn't do anything did he?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

able, I don't even want to THINK of the words "flame" or "troll" being uttered in reference to me, not after the garbage thats been shoveled my way over the last two days. That would be hypocracy of the highest order.

Reggie decided to go drama queen, and you guys all gave him a standing ovation for "telling it like it is." Fine. But don't even BEGIN to get on my case for simply doing the same for a the one person in detroit willing to stand up for all the trash thats been dumped on us, and "tell it like it is" right back.

Heck, I think Jermaine Oneal is a standup guy. Always have. He got treated more unfairly than ANYBODY in this whole situation, and he holds no grudges.

I know you told me to stay out of it, but if I back down simply because %95 of the forum pledges alligance to the Pacers, then I'm not really the Kstat that's been here for the last 2 years.

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

I'd say most Pistons fans see Reggie now the same way Pacers fans see Ben Wallace.
    I'm hoping you underestimated the hatred most Pacer fans share for Ben Wallace...

otherwise, that comment really is a shocker, and I would have a hard time believing it.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    I'm hoping you underestimated the hatred most Pacer fans share for Ben Wallace...

otherwise, that comment really is a shocker, and I would have a hard time believing it.

Here's my reasoning:

I dont think any piston fan roots against JO, or Jackson. They may not like them, but they don't take joy in watching them fail.

I get the jist (at least from what I've read), that a lot of Piston fans are going to take a great deal of joy in watching reggie go out without a ring, after what he said last night.

Mood

The problem is your boy's "telling it like it is" is the actual drama queen garbage here, and you're too blind to see it.

Mood

I get the jist (at least from what I've read), that a lot of Piston fans are going to take a great deal of joy in watching reggie go out without a ring, after what he said last night.
    If that's the perception of the common Piston fan about Reggie Miller, then along with "Drunk" "Violent" and "Hostile", I can now add "Overreactive" and "Infantile" to the list.

If that's the perception of the common Piston fan about Reggie Miller, then along with "Drunk" "Violent" and "Hostile", I can now add "Overreactive" and "Infantile" to the list.

Uhhh didn't you forget a predictable mentioning about average iq?

just a thought
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by able
    Uhhh didn't you forget a predictable mentioning about average iq?

just a thought
    Nah. I don't honestly believe they're dumb.

The problem is your boy's "telling it like it is" is the actual drama queen garbage here, and you're too blind to see it.
    You agree with Reggie's comments.

I agree with McCosky's comments.

The only blind one here is you hicks, because you're the only person between us that actually believes he isn't biased.

We have differing opinions. Don't act like yours is any more right than mine. I'm not telling you or anyone else that they have their opinions are wrong.

Well if that is their opinion of Reg, then more power to them I guess? Or maybe I should send them all a pamphlet on "Why to not hate Reggie Miller."

Well if that is their opinion of Reg, then more power to them I guess? Or maybe I should send them all a pamphlet on "Why to not hate Reggie Miller."
    Reggie is disliked in plenty of NBA arenas already. Reggie loves to play the villian. I doubt he cares, nor should he.

Mood

The only blind one here is you hicks, because you're the only person between us that actually believes he isn't biased.
    Everyone has at least some bias. But to think this idiot is right about his whining is lunacy.

We have differing opinions. Don't act like yours is any more right than mine.
    de·bate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-bt)
    v. de·bat·ed, de·bat·ing, de·bates
    v. intr.
    1. To consider something; deliberate.
    2. To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.
    3. To engage in a formal discussion or argument. See Synonyms at discuss.
    4. Obsolete. To fight or quarrel.

v. tr.
    1. To deliberate on; consider.
    2. To dispute or argue about.
    3. To discuss or argue (a question, for example) formally.
    4. Obsolete. To fight or argue for or over.

n.
    1. A discussion involving opposing points; an argument.
    2. Deliberation; consideration: passed the motion with little debate.
    3. A formal contest of argumentation in which two opposing teams defend and attack a given proposition.
    4. Obsolete. Conflict; strife.

I'm not telling you or anyone else that they have their opinions are wrong.
    We all try to tell why we think we're right.

Everyone has at least some bias. But to think this idiot is right about his whining is lunacy.
    He's every bit as right as Reggie was Friday night. You just notice his comments more because they're directed at a member of YOUR franchise......

Mood

He's every bit as right as Reggie was Friday night. You just notice his comments more because they're directed at a member of YOUR franchise......
    I could say the same to you, but I think this guy's schtick was considerably more out of line than Reggie. Detroit and the Palace (and generally speaking the fans that attend the games) have looked awful this season, and they have themselves to blame. Last night just added more fuel to the fire. It's pretty indefensible, but it doesn't stop loyalists from trying.

I could say the same to you, but I think this guy's schtick was considerably more out of line than Reggie. Detroit and the Palace (and generally speaking the fans that attend the games) have looked awful this season, and they have themselves to blame. Last night just added more fuel to the fire. It's pretty indefensible, but it doesn't stop loyalists from trying.
    Actually, the Palace went without incident. Some joker called from OUTSIDE the Palace, which nobody has ANY control over.

Nothing was thrown at the pacers. Nobody was allowed to charge the court. There was security everywhere. In the end,there WAS no threat, and their locker room was TOTALLY inaccessable the whole day to anyone but the bomb squad, so there was no reason to THINK there was a threat. Bottom line, reggie was out of line in saying palace security was bad friday.

Had reggie not opened his mouth, this article would not have been written in response. It was just someone finally giving reggie a taste of their own medicine, thats all.

Actually, the Palace went without incident. Some joker called from OUTSIDE the Palace, which nobody has ANY control over.

Do you have a link, or anything, for this? I have read different accounts of where the call come from, inside or outside, just wanting to know the truth...

Do you have a link, or anything, for this? I have read different accounts of where the call come from, inside or outside, just wanting to know the truth...
    I don't think anybody would be dumb enough to call in a bomb threat from INSIDE the Palace, but no, i dont have proof or anything.

Not that you couldnt call in a bomb threat from almost ANYWHERE if you really wanted to, so that really doesnt matter.

Default Re: Vescey on the bomb at the Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck

By Chris McCosky / The Detroit News

True, the Pistons did not suffer as much as the Pacers. But guess what? The Pistons didn't go into the stands and attack fans. You can point out all the other incidents that led up to it -- Artest's hard foul on Ben Wallace, Wallace's shoving Ron Artest, Artest's lying on the scorer's table, the fan's throwing the cup -- but there was no brawl until Artest ran into the stands.

Everything that happened afterward -- as sickening and inexcusable as it might have been -- was sparked by Artest's action.

Artest, Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O'Neal pummeled paying customers. Thus, their penalties were stiffer than those imposed on the Pistons players.

Sorry, Reggie, you do not get to play the victim card here. You and your team are paying the consequences of your own actions.

As for the security at The Palace, it was far from lax. That building was sealed tightly enough for a presidential visit. Bomb-sniffing dogs swept the entire building twice, as a matter of course, before some fool called in the bogus threat. Security personnel were posted in front of both locker rooms all day long -- before there was a bomb threat.

They repeated the drill after the threat was made.

There was no bomb, no threat. Nobody, except the Pacers briefly, was evacuated.

Yet, it took an intervention from the league office to get the Pacers onto the court.

Had they come back immediately after police sounded the all-clear, this would have been a five-paragraph, one-day story. Now it's national news.

And guess what the news is -- Detroit is a dangerous city and The Palace is an unruly venue.

That is utter garbage, of course.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/...D04-130270.htm

Well of course the Pistons did not go into the stands and attack their own fans. Thgat is just a stupid remark by Chris.

But the point I really want to make is this. If the security was so good, if the locker room was searched so well and if their was never any threat what-so-ever, then why in the hell did the police order the Pacers out of the locker room. If they had secured the locker room so well then why even tell the Pacers , if they were as sure as Chris Mc was that there was never a threat, then don't order the pacers out of the locker room.

If there was no bomb, no threat then why did the police take it seriously.

Final comment. Security was a major problem in 11/19, if there were a few police officer near the Pacers bench on 11/19, the cup never would have been thrown. Let me ask a dumb question where is security most needed at NBA arenas behind the visitors bench. There should have been security , several uniform officers between the scorers table and the crowd on 11/19 and there simply weren't.

I fell like Mr. Obvious.

Default Re: Vescey on the bomb at the Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Well of course the Pistons did not go into the stands and attack their own fans. Thgat is just a stupid remark by Chris.

But the point I really want to make is this. If the security was so good, if the locker room was searched so well and if their was never any threat what-so-ever, then why in the hell did the police order the Pacers out of the locker room. If they had secured the locker room so well then why even tell the Pacers , if they were as sure as Chris Mc was that there was never a threat, then don't order the pacers out of the locker room.

If there was no bomb, no threat then why did the police take it seriously.
    Because GOD KNOWS what reggie would have said if word came that there was a bomb threat and they DIDNT clear the pacers out of the locker room.....

If 11/19 never happened, I doubt much would have been made about this. The pistons got a bomb threat 2 weeks ago in boston, and there wasn't much of a delay, and I didnt hear anything about boston's secutiry afterwords.

Mood

Nothing was thrown at the pacers. Nobody was allowed to charge the court. There was security everywhere. In the end,there WAS no threat, and their locker room was TOTALLY inaccessable the whole day to anyone but the bomb squad, so there was no reason to THINK there was a threat. Bottom line, reggie was out of line in saying palace security was bad friday.
    He wasn't talking only about tonight. He's talking in broader terms, and he's correct. Secondly, his main point wasn't focused on this issue, but it's being overlooked now in this thread.

Had reggie not opened his mouth, this article would not have been written in response. It was just someone finally giving reggie a taste of their own medicine, thats all.
    The response was written out of oversensitive defensiveness moreso than any 'point' he might have had.

sweabs

I don't think anybody would be dumb enough to call in a bomb threat from INSIDE the Palace, but no, i dont have proof or anything.

Not that you couldnt call in a bomb threat from almost ANYWHERE if you really wanted to, so that really doesnt matter.
    Plus, were there not 4 threats called in?

Mood

You were the same one running around Friday saying it was one threat, by a 12 year old, not specifically targetted at the Pacers. All of which was speculative and proven wrong. So either you or your source(s) isn't exactly going to be taken seriously on any of this.