Thread: The Pacers Bulls game thoughts

Default The Pacers Bulls game thoughts

Well this was my first game of the year, the last time I got to see Reggie, and well, it wasn't how I would have liked to see it end.

I went with my cousin to the game, we got upper level seats. I tried to take pictures, but they probably aren't very good. I will take a look at them and see if they are worth posting.

First of all, I have to say that I LOVE being in an opposing team's arena. There is nothing like the sound of your own "Boom baby" amid the silence of the entire arena. It was so malicious and fun. The fans there are very nice, and they of course gave me a hard time, but only in fun. They made quite a few Artest comments, and of course, when Reggie got the boot, I got quite a bit of old man comments (and I was wearing my Reggie jersey as well). But they were quite nice.

Second, I want to mention that this coaching staff, no matter who it is that is coaching, is superb. Seriously, can you imagine our team playing .500 ball without arguably our three best players, and Reggie and Carlisle gone as well? Quite AMAZING if you ask me. To almost win the game is a testament to this organization, and I am PROUD, PROUD to be a Pacers fan. I bleed Blue and Gold, baby.

The game itself was rather disappointing. The Pacers did not really seem to show any enthusiasm for the game, and really I think that was in part due to yesterday's Detroit fiasco. It is unfortunate they had to have a game the next day, but oh well. They just did not have energy, and the fact that they kept it close is quite amazing.

We made a late push and that was nice to see. Unfortunetly our demise came in the beginning of the game, where we just had no answer to Curry, and honestly surprised me. Even Dale was ineffective against him. I was impressed with the way that he has improved. Of course, I would like to see him do that against Jermaine. Next year....

I was so incredibly pissed when Reggie got ejected. It was kind of shocking, and it was kind of cool for a moment, but it just really upset me more that I wouldn't be able to see him play. I wouldn't mind him getting tossed in some other game, but it had to be this last game. I think I'm going to have to take the trek home for the philly game on the 15th. Hopefully I can go see him again. I would have LOVED to see him stick it to Chicago one last time, and shut those people behind me up, but alas, it was not to be.

Lets see, individual performances...

The best player out there was definitely my man Freddy. I cannot say how much I love watching this guy play. He, like many others, has a knack for hitting the timely shots. He just has ice veins. His shot has improved so much, you gotta wonder how much better he can be next year when Reggie is gone. I really cannot wait. Not to mention he did a great job against Gordon on the defensive end. He really wasn't a factor. Honestly, no one on the Bulls were except for Curry in the first. They played a great team game.

Foul trouble hurt us with our bigs, and that was unfortunate. Dale and Jeff both got lots of fouls, which like I said surprised me. They played well in the fourth though.

Jackson was very disappointing in the first half, but played better in the second. He didn't really look comfortable out there though. No one did really in the beginning of the game. There were so many bad passes, I wanted to pull my hair out.

Croshere was effective, scored some points when we needed it. Pollard was fun to watch, he played solid.

I will say this as a final remark: We aren't winning anything unless we get Jamaal and Jermaine back. Seriously, this team will win maybe 1 game in the first round without either. And how effective they would be worries me as well, since they have been sitting for so long. Especially Jamaal. Sigh...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Pacers Bulls game thoughts

Good post, it's always fun to see someones thoughts that went to the game. Is it just me, or have we had awful luck there the past couple of years? When was the last time we won at the United Center, did we win there last year?

I agree on your point of us not going anywhere unless JT and JO come back. But if JO does come back for the playoffs, and we have that offense where we dump it into him and stand around, we aren't going anywhere either. We must have a balanced attack, and if we do, I think we still have a chance of going far.

Whats the United Center like? I've heard mixed reviews on it. I know it's seating capacity is huge, about 4,000 more than Conseco.

Testing....

Ok, so I can't figure out how to make my pictures smaller without using Adobe, and Im too lazy for that.

The UC isn't bad at all. I mean, it isn't in Conseco's league, but it is much bigger...3 levels instead of 2. It can get pretty loud too.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Great recap Suave.

I'll just add my comments to your thread.

I thought Pollard was great against Curry. He was the only one who had any success with him all night long.

Our team looked tired. There were a lot of short passes & shots that seemed to lack a little air. Dale was not able to jump very high at all & did not alter one shot all night long.

4 games in 5 nights is just rough no matter who you are & it doesn't help that we were coming off of a very late game.

But take nothing away from the Bulls. They are a tough minded well coached team.

Actually defensively I think they played the best team defense I've seen all season long. It seemed like there was always 7-9 people swarming our players. Skiles deserves the C.O.Y. if Rick can't have it.

I knew Reggie was going to be gone early on, he just was very vocal.

To bad for you that was the last way you will see him in person.

Let's catch our breath & beat the Bucks.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But take nothing away from the Bulls. They are a tough minded well coached team.

Actually defensively I think they played the best team defense I've seen all season long. It seemed like there was always 7-9 people swarming our players. Skiles deserves the C.O.Y. if Rick can't have it.

I was thinking the exact, I mean the exact same thing as I watched the game last night..

Did seem like the Bulls had more than 5 defenders out there. Their defense is very sticky, very physical, very aggressive and very good.

For a coach to get that group of young players to play such great defense is amzing, Scott has my C.O.Y. vote. It isn't like they have a lot of great individual defenders. AD is pretty good, Tyson is good, Merceony is very good(sorry about the spelling), Heinrich is good, but they play together, they play hard and they are physical. That is coaching.

snippet:

Getting defensive: The Bulls have inched past San Antonio and into the NBA lead in defensive field-goal percentage.

Their .420 mark heading into Saturday night arguably is the most significant reason they have the inside track on their first playoff berth in seven years.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll post some pictures after Ofoto gets the film. Several of them looked really good through the viewfinder. Assuming they turn out, I've got a picture of DD that Peck will really enjoy ( ), and a great photo of Reggie and David Benner's trash talk routine and some other pregame rituals. However, I was close enough, and using a powerful enough zoom, that even Kegboy wouldn't like the Luvabulls pictures (they are clearly "distance girls"), and besides, Tina was forbidding me to snap pictures of women jiggling around in what had to be lingerie.

I'm not ususally very vocal when I watch the Pacers on the road. I'll give them some "Boom, Babies!" and I'll cheer some.

The entire family made and took a sign thanking Uncle Reggie.

When he got 'the boot', I probably gave Blaine Reicheldt a several-minute peice of my mind - he was probably just out of shouting range, but I really let him have it. And the Bulls fans around agreed with me - its never been so obvious that the official was *eager* to eject somebody. Even Joey Crawford in Altanta a couple of years ago - it was at least obvious that Reggie was saying something to him from the bench...

Disgusting.

I've got nicknames for a few officials ("Cyclops" = Jess Kersey; "Fuzz Head" = Mike Mathis; "Bo Hill" = Jim Clark; "Ahr-nold" = Steve Javie).

Blaine Reicheldt is hereby known as "Psycho".

Jay's_Daughter@Section204 was in tears, she was convinced that Reggie didn't get to see the sign we made. Tina said she's never seen me blow up at an official like that.

The game wasn't badly officiated, I can only think of one bad call and that's when Bernie Friar called a foul on Pollard on the baseline (right in front of us). The problem was that O. Poole was in the right position to make the call, and he was just going to rule the ball went out of bounds. Bernie was out of position and came in to overrule the call.

That's what makes Reggie's ejection from that game so difficult for me to fathom.

Jerks.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

woman without a team

Jay, take a picture of your daughter with the sign and maybe it can be put on the new website. That way Reggie can look at it whenever he wants to.

I know how you feel. I was so disgusted I wanted to yell at the ref...but thats hard when your are sitting in section 314...

I'm thinking about going home for a game so I can actually see him one more time

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, we're saving the sign for (hopefully) some playoff games.

If not, I like your suggestion.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you