Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 86

Thread: Article Out of Detroit

  1. #51

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by BabbleOn
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How foolish of Ben Wallace to overeact. You'd think as one of the more popular players in the NBA he'd be more sensible than that...He couldn't just let it go and lose respectfully. Instead he had to start behaving inappropriately, as if intending to make it right for others to follow his actions. How stupid. How thoughtless. Funniest thing is that Ben didn't get the punishment he deserved...
    That makes more sense.

  2. #52
    ImReppinBtown
    Guest

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    Yeah Ben was definately making what happened worse than it was. Yeah Ron gave Ben a hard foul with less than a minute in a game that was already in hand. BUT, Ben completly over-reacted, by giving Ron the extremely hard push to the throat, and continuing on making the upset Detroit crowd restless. I blame Ben Wallace for everything that happened that night. And obviously he didnt learn from what happened because last night he got up in Scot Pollards face, which COULD HAVE led to another fight. So yeah, Ben Wallace is to blame.

  3. #53

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    The thought that Ron was playing "too harshly" at the end is nonsense. You cannot tell a player to "turn off" and to quit playing his type of game just because the game's outcome has already been determined.

  4. #54
    ImReppinBtown
    Guest

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    Yeah stopping someone form getting an easy lay-up is basketball, you're supposed to make them earn it from the line. Especially if you are playing for the Pacers and you are playing the Pistons.

  5. #55
    BabbleOn
    Guest

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    You know what MSA2CF, I'm gonna agree with you. Ben should've acted differently. I have no problem saying that.

    Your point aside, Reggie Miller helped nothing last night. Not only did he add fuel to the fire, but he also lied, suggesting that the Palace didn't do everything possible to keep them safe.

  6. #56
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug in CT
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank You ABA - for bringing the obligatory Bender bash to this thread.

    No thread is complete without one.

    EDIT: What happened to the Bender bash? Tricky ABA.
    Had to move it to the right thread. So this one is clean.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  7. #57
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug in CT
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Detroit does not need any help to look bad - they have perfected it over the years on their own.

    I was very happy to hear the quotes from Reggie - David Stern deserves to be called out for his trollish (insert your favorite short joke or Napolean reference here) nature.
    Exactly! It looks good on ya Stern!!!


  8. #58

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    My one wish for what Reggie does after this season is that he writes a book about this season.

  9. #59

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    Well, BO, perhaps he wasn't lying. Everyone has their own opinions and perspectives. Perhaps from Reggie's, his standards weren't met.

  10. #60
    Member PacerFan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    26
    Posts
    682

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Pistoner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why does it have to be a Piston fan? It could have been a Pacer fan. They are much more bitter than Piston fans. I can see it now. Call in a bomb threat, make Detroit look bad. The more I think of it, I don't think it was a Piston fan at all.
    thats why no one like piston fans, ur always trying to dump ur trash on someone else

  11. #61

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Slap
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You forgot about the part where Ron fouled Ben with less than a minute to go in the game unecessarily and you also forgot to mention how JO was cold-c*cking fans too. Looks like the score is actually tied.
    You also forgot to mention Ben hammering Ron on the other end of the court, a much harder foul (even though it wasn't called) that sent him into the goal post. I mean really, if there is less than a minute left in the game, and it doesn't matter anymore, why send someone into the goal post?
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

  12. #62

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFan31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    thats why no one like piston fans, ur always trying to dump ur trash on someone else
    Not responding to the bait. Everybody likes me. You'd like me if you knew me.

  13. #63

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    Another thing. I see all these damn commercials of the Pistons saying "We play basketball the right way". Then they ***** and moan when a guy like Ron is playing 100% the whole game? They must be doing something wrong then. Just because we are up 15 or so, why halfass it? I believe a couple weeks after McGrady scored like 15 in a minute or so.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

  14. #64
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,054

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Pistoner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get it. Trust me, I get it. You guys whine about it constantly. Let go of the hate. It is bad for your health.
    Coming on a :thepacers board and posting like that might not be very good for your health.

    The world is unfair sometimes. It is not very nice of you to want me to suffer just because your are, or because of some random people at a basketball game. I, like you, was watching the game on my television at home. I was not throwing drinks. I've been to many games, and never had the desire to throw something or fight a Pacer fan.

    I know misery loves company, but you should be a bigger person than that.
    If you don't like the way we post on our board why don't you go back to your hole, I mean board, and leave us the flock alone!

  15. #65
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,054

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by fooddaman
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That makes it Detroit 4-2 in the repsonded incorrectly area

  16. #66
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,054

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry Reg, when Stern looks in the mirror every morning he smiles and says "My what a handsome little Napoleon you are!"
    Actually are we sure he even sees a reflection? Isn't it someone like witches and warlocks that don't have reflections? Just a thought.

  17. #67
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,054

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is Reggie thinking? "Where the are the tarps covering the tunnels? God Mother holes! Security my . David Stern is nothing but a lily livered . Fine my . Suspend me. I don't give a anymore!

  18. #68

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by grace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Coming on a :thepacers board and posting like that might not be very good for your health.
    Is that some sort of cyber death threat?



    Quote Originally Posted by grace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you don't like the way we post on our board why don't you go back to your hole, I mean board, and leave us the flock alone!
    I have no problem with any posts on YOUR board. I was responding to somebody. I like most of the posts on this board. Most people are pretty smart and say insightful things. Except for the part where people threaten my health. If you want, we can ride our cyber bikes to the cyber 7-11 and square off.

  19. #69
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    That would be vampires. But hey, calling Stern a bloodsucker works for me.

  20. #70
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    If there were more than just a handful of scifi/fantasy geeks on this board, I would be working on more sophisticated Wolfram & Hart jokes right now.....

    Stern is one of the Senior Partners.

  21. #71
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,054

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by BabbleOn
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How foolish of Reggie Miller to open his big mouth. You'd think as one of the elder veterans in the NBA he'd be more responsible than that. As we've learned debating for months, one peon fan to another, pointing the finger only makes things worse. He couldn't just shut up and revel in victory. Instead he had to start editorializing, as if intending to make people angry all over again. How stupid. How thoughtless. Funniest thing is that Reg didn't share with us what he'd of done differently if he were running the league. Jeez, I'd love to know. Artest gets a 10 day suspension? Ben Wallace 15 days? The Palace of Auburn Hills closed for the season? What brilliant punishment is he aware of that wasn't handed down?
    I'm sure Reggie would love to tell you what he'd do differntly, but there are two problems with that. One, he had to catch a flight to Chicago that was already an hour and a half late because some numb nut called in a bomb threat. And two, there's this person that I guess we're now calling Naploeon who will fine Reggie if he speaks his mind.

    Personally, I wish the Pacers had second place wrapped up so we could have told Stu Jackson to fine the hell out of us because there was no way in hell we were going to play last night.

  22. #72
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,054

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Pistoner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that some sort of cyber death threat?
    Of course not. I flew off the handle (actually it felt more like I was pushed) and posted the first thing that came to my mind.

  23. #73

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    At the end of the day, I could've handled the suspensions handed down to the Pacers (Even Rons which was absurdly long) IF A COUPLE OTHER THINGS OCCURRED AS WELL.

    1) Ben Wallace gets 30 games for "all intents and purposes" being the main instigator in all that occurred from his slam of Artest into the goal post onward!!

    2) Pistons organization fined a large amount (maybe equal to the Pacers lost salaries)

    and 3) Personal wish- Refs in that game suspended for the season. Failure to call flagrant on Ben's foul of Artest into the goal post (or a foul at all), Failure to Eject Ben immediately and remove him from the arena, and FAILURE to resolve it quickly and end the ****ing game that only had 49 seconds left.

    I don't have any real wish to penalize Piston fans at all....just the dip ****s who threw stuff!!

    This is what Reggie is talking about, not punishing the Piston fans. Hell, he probably loves the Piston fans because he loves playing to tough crowds!

    Water

  24. #74
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,541

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    Quote Originally Posted by Pistoner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't be as angry as you. Any profession with the word "ball" in it is a game and thus should be kept in its proper perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistoner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get it. Trust me, I get it. You guys whine about it constantly. Let go of the hate. It is bad for your health.

    The world is unfair sometimes. It is not very nice of you to want me to suffer just because your are, or because of some random people at a basketball game. I, like you, was watching the game on my television at home. I was not throwing drinks. I've been to many games, and never had the desire to throw something or fight a Pacer fan.

    I know misery loves company, but you should be a bigger person than that.

    *removed. Needless to say it asked you to be quiet. Keeping things fair.*


    We don't come on this board looking for advice on how we should lead our lives.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  25. #75
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

    I think I might have given AJ 5 (he really pounded on that guy), JO 10, Ben 15, Jackson 20, and Artest 30. Fans would not be allowed to attend Piston home games for 15 games. TV only.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •