Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article Out of Detroit

Liquid Slap

Default Re: Article Out of Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by fooddaman
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As I see it..

1. Ben responded incorrectly about a good hard foul
    2. Ben threw a arm band at Ron signaling that it's OK to start throwing items
    3. Detroit fan (Possibly a Pacer fan in disguise ) throws cup of beer
    4. Ron responded incorrectly by entering the stands
    5. SJax responded incorrectly by entering the stands
    6. Detroit fans responded incorrectly by throwing everything, including a chair

That makes it Detroit 4-2 in the repsonded incorrectly area

Punishment:
    Indiana: SJax - 30 Games; JO - 25 Games (reduced to 15); Ron - Rest of season
    Detroit: Ben - 6 Games

Let see, effectively the Indiana punishment has ruined our season and therefore punished the entire city of Indianapolis.

Detroit got the equivelent of a slap on the wrist for the participation in this event. Now, Detroit media scrutinize the Pacers for not wanting to play last night when there was a bomb threat in their locker room.

Detroit = classless
    You forgot about the part where Ron fouled Ben with less than a minute to go in the game unecessarily and you also forgot to mention how JO was cold-c*cking fans too. Looks like the score is actually tied.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Slap
    You forgot about the part where Ron fouled Ben with less than a minute to go in the game unecessarily and you also forgot to mention how JO was cold-c*cking fans too. Looks like the score is actually tied.

Foul was part of the game, Ben's shove/choke hold is not.

JO cold **** that guy because he saw two DETROIT fans come onto the floor approaching Ron, he was defending his teamate. Once again, not a bad decision.

so score is still 4-2

Big man of you to say that when you are on the other end. I would wonder how your reaction would be if you were sitting where we are
    I wouldn't be as angry as you. Any profession with the word "ball" in it is a game and thus should be kept in its proper perspective. I'm a pretty big Piston fan, but I don't have enough negative energy to hate somebody just because they are not Piston fans. I certainly don't want the city of Indianapolis to get nuked becasue some Pacer fan called in a bomb threat to the palace.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistoner
    I wouldn't be as angry as you. Any profession with the word "ball" in it is a game and thus should be kept in its proper perspective. I'm a pretty big Piston fan, but I don't have enough negative energy to hate somebody just because they are not Piston fans. I certainly don't want the city of Indianapolis to get nuked becasue some Pacer fan called in a bomb threat to the palace.
    I'm really not that angry

I'm just stating the facts from a Pacer fans perspective. I'm just asking you to walk a mile in our shoes.

No bitter feelings, we will just agree to disagree, OK?

I'm really not that angry

I'm just stating the facts from a Pacer fans perspective. I'm just asking you to walk a mile in our shoes.

No bitter feelings, we will just agree to disagree, OK?

Ok

I get it. Trust me, I get it. You guys whine about it constantly. Let go of the hate. It is bad for your health.

The world is unfair sometimes. It is not very nice of you to want me to suffer just because your are, or because of some random people at a basketball game. I, like you, was watching the game on my television at home. I was not throwing drinks. I've been to many games, and never had the desire to throw something or fight a Pacer fan.

I know misery loves company, but you should be a bigger person than that.
    Who the hell are you? You come onto a Pacers site and insult me? It is easy to shine your trophy and sit in your ivory tower and tell fans who continue to face a season without a championship year after year and tell them how much better than them you are. Easy to never have a season that looks like it might FINALLY be your time taken away from you by nut-job Pistons fans, Stern, and of course your own whacky players (is Ben really that much more sane than Ron?). You have seriously have crossed a line here. I am not sure what forum you think yoiu have stumbled upon but one thing that makes this place great is we do not throw personal insults around.
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug in CT
    Who the hell are you? You come onto a Pacers site and insult me? It is easy to shine your trophy and sit in your ivory tower and tell fans who continue to face a season without a championship year after year and tell them how much better than them you are. Easy to never have a season that looks like it might FINALLY be your time taken away from you by nut-job Pistons fans, Stern, and of course your own whacky players (is Ben really that much more sane than Ron?). You have seriously have crossed a line here. I am not sure what forum you think yoiu have stumbled upon but one thing that makes this place great is we do not throw personal insults around.

First, Who the hell am I???? I'm Pistoner.

Second, I don't have a trophy. Unless you count my little league trophys. I am a Piston Fan. We didn't get a trophy, just the players.

Third, I didn't insult you. You may feel insulted, but I didn't insult you. You told me I just didn't get it and I was explaining to you that I do in fact get it.

What line did I cross? Making Doug in CT angry? I'm sorry if my comments got your blood pressure up this morning. I know this is pacer forum. I've read this forum for a long time. I don't jump in threads and say the brawl was Rons fault, blah, blah, blah. I am a Piston fan. If you didn't want me to respond to you, don't bait me.

Lastly, I'm a Detroit Lions Fan. Don't tell me about suffering.

I just wonder who from the league office ordered the Pacers to play the game and just who the league official spoke with.

I don't like the league ordering the Pacers to play the game. No problem if the league tells the Pacers the game is forfeited if they don't play, but to order them to play, just is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    I just wonder who from the league office ordered the Pacers to play the game and just who the league official spoke with.

I don't like the league ordering the Pacers to play the game. No problem if the league tells the Pacers the game is forfeited if they don't play, but to order them to play, just is not right.
    Can't remember where, but I am sure I read it was Stu Jackson
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Pistoner - on your little lecture about how I should be a bigger person than what you deemed I was demonstrating...

You can't be naive enough to think that comment is not personal

You are a Pistons fan - you have celebrated 3 chamionships. I am a 35 year old Pacers and Colts fan. Let's count my celebrations... all due respects to ABA Days and the Geezer - I was not old enough to remember Roger Brown, so I do not count those. So my total is... let's see... NONE. You can even throw in a Tigers riot/celebration.

Just try - will you - just try to stop coming to another team's site, lecturing us, and telling us how any game with the word ball in it should not be taken this seriously.

You take it seriously enough to invest time into visiting another team's site - on top of I would hope your visits to your own team's site - so it sounds like you may take it seriously as well. Even though you want to say it is just entertainment. At some point in time people spend enough time with something that the line between entertainment and obsession and taking something 'too serious' becomes very thin.

Exactly Doug.

This is a forum for Pacer fans to voice opinions with other Pacer fans.

If you wanted a lecture from a Piston fan, you would go to a Piston forum.

My apologies to the Piston fans that do bring value to this site, you are respected.

Thank You ABA - for bringing the obligatory Bender bash to this thread.

No thread is complete without one.

EDIT: What happened to the Bender bash? Tricky ABA.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan
    Miller said. "David Stern (NBA commissioner) has to take a hard look in the mirror every morning when he wakes up over the decision he made and the way he's punished us and (not) the Pistons."
    Sorry Reg, when Stern looks in the mirror every morning he smiles and says "My what a handsome little Napoleon you are!"
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    Sorry Reg, when Stern looks in the mirror every morning he smiles and says "My what a handsome little Napoleon you are!"
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck

That's what I was wondering about as well.

"It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

The security wasn't lax at all. Every precaution was taken before the game and after the bogus threat was received."

Don't you just LOVE this "objective" last sentence .

Regards,

Mourning

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Man, that's beautiful.

The man who's about to break West's scoring record tells it like it is. The Pacers were punished but not the Pistons. Nobody's been willing to come out and say it.

Go Reggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug in CT
    Pistoner - on your little lecture about how I should be a bigger person than what you deemed I was demonstrating...

You can't be naive enough to think that comment is not personal

You are a Pistons fan - you have celebrated 3 chamionships. I am a 35 year old Pacers and Colts fan. Let's count my celebrations... all due respects to ABA Days and the Geezer - I was not old enough to remember Roger Brown, so I do not count those. So my total is... let's see... NONE. You can even throw in a Tigers riot/celebration.

Just try - will you - just try to stop coming to another team's site, lecturing us, and telling us how any game with the word ball in it should not be taken this seriously.

You take it seriously enough to invest time into visiting another team's site - on top of I would hope your visits to your own team's site - so it sounds like you may take it seriously as well. Even though you want to say it is just entertainment. At some point in time people spend enough time with something that the line between entertainment and obsession and taking something 'too serious' becomes very thin.

Yeah, The bigger person comment was a bit of a dig. Not an insult, not a lecture, but potentially a comment to get someones blood pressure up. For that, I'll apologize. For the record, you telling me I "just don't get it" was just as personal and the first stone cast.

I don't come here to lecture people. I've had less than 40 posts in two years and I've read this site for a long time, I don't post in any forums other than this one, and even then not much. I don't flame people, I like to read what the rivals are saying. Wouldn't it be boring if everyone agreed with you all the time?

I used to be an obsessive Lions fan, but having children put things in perspective for me. I no longer walk around mad for a week after one of my teams lose. I realized that it is just a game and in the big picture of my life, not that important. But I still like to watch all the games. And, last nights game stung more than others.

Doug in CT, I promise to try to not upset you anymore by lecturing you about basketball being a game. If I see generalized personal attacks against my city or fan base, I may have to try to put things in perspective, but after this morning I'll go back to my mostly lurking ways. At least I didn't come here after a win and rub your nose in it.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7
    That's all we need to do, **** off Stern even more. I mean I'm glad he said it, it had to be said. But man, do we really want Stern even more angry at us?
    This season has taught us that it doesn't matter. We played it nice, from the owners down to the players, about everything post 11/19 (and we were pretty damn courteous before too), and it amounted to JACK. ****. Now that it's officially been established, I say we say whatever is on our minds about the league or anyone else in this whole mess. We get the short end of the stick 70% of the time anyway.

Hey, you're welcome here too, and you can even bring some of your Pistons "propaganda", just keep it a little in check or you will get a lot of not so positive "feedback"(), because this still is a Pacers forum.

Regards,

Mourning

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    Hey, you're welcome here too, and you can even bring some of your Pistons "propaganda", just keep it a little in check or you will get a lot of not so positive "feedback"(), because this still is a Pacers forum.

Regards,

Mourning

Thank you. Check my posts, no propaganda, just the facts.

BabbleOn

How foolish of Reggie Miller to open his big mouth. You'd think as one of the elder veterans in the NBA he'd be more responsible than that. As we've learned debating for months, one peon fan to another, pointing the finger only makes things worse. He couldn't just shut up and revel in victory. Instead he had to start editorializing, as if intending to make people angry all over again. How stupid. How thoughtless. Funniest thing is that Reg didn't share with us what he'd of done differently if he were running the league. Jeez, I'd love to know. Artest gets a 10 day suspension? Ben Wallace 15 days? The Palace of Auburn Hills closed for the season? What brilliant punishment is he aware of that wasn't handed down?

It really does not matter what Reggie said - if ESPN is an indication - no one is covering it other than the Star

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Very unoriginal post. Those stats about the brawl have been posted 10,000 times in every pacer or piston forum on the net. You all seem to want to punish the city.

I don't think every Indianapolis resident is a whiney little girl because somebody in a Pacer forum is whining.

Here is a good idea for every fan that threw something, Darko can sit on the bench all game. Is that fair?
    I actually laughed out loud at that suggestion. OK, to keep some humor here.

I recognize that it was prolly just some whacko resident who has probably never set foot inside the arena in his (or her) life. My commenting originally was meant to be directed at the Detroit Media not the fans. The writers tone was such as to deflect attention away from the situation and to focus on Reggie as a bad apple IMHO. Why? Just so his home area wouldn't have to suffer the embarassment caused by their "fans" again. It was a ploy on his part and I'm calling him on it.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

ImReppinBtown

"I was hoping they would change the game to another day," said Tayshaun Prince. "I was getting tired just waiting around."

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! What a cry baby! Tayshaun is pretty much blaming his bad game on the delay. Any more excuses?