Thread: You guys are starting to make Star/news look good again.

Default Re: You guys are starting to make Star/news look good again.

I can't BELIEVE the negativity seen here for the past month or so. If you didn' know it you'd swear we were in a tailspin and in danger of not making the playoffs. INSTEAD we have the best record in the East BY 6+ GAMES and have won SEVEN OF THE PAST NINE GAMES! F' ing BRILLIANT dudes!
    Do we seem to have hit a bit of a wall? yep. Guess what? our second best player (an all star) is out and our 3d best is hurt but playing in Ron's place. Think a FEW teams might struggle given those problems? (oh yeh, our struggle is 7-2). Jemaine having a bit more trouble getting good shots? Ummm, given that our other all star is out, and our outside shooting problematic, think he might be getting a bit more team defense attention? Duh
    Think AL being slowed by his injury might contribute to that?
    Duh
    Think we might be going through an adjustment time as AL, formerly the 2nd team post player adapts to playing out of the box as a starter? THink that might take a few games to adjust?
    Duh
    Think we might be going through MORE adjustments as J.Bender plays (and well) FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS SEASON?
    Duh
    This team is loaded without Ron, though not nearly as. They would and will be formidible against any east foe by playoff time as they work the bugs of these new lineups out.
    Ron is a great player who can't be replaced by anyone on this team, maybe anyone in the league. Are we weak without him though? Nope, just different. And if you "feed me NOW" types can just go a few weeks without committing hari kari, you'll see that. In the mean time, maybe you should just enjoy WINNING and stop WHINING.
    Want a little cheese with that?
    ed:

So I take it talking about any glaring weaknesses the team might have right now is strictly prohibited and should be overlooked or completely ignored? And to discuss anything of the sort is to risk being taken out back and shot for being a negative fair-weathered fan?

Gouda or Cheddar?
    No, not me...I have not been negative all season. Infact, when ron artest went out my posts all read something like this "relax everyone".

Bulletproof is right though. Most of this talk is about our weaknesses being revealed as of late. Although he did it to the other extreme that you did.

This is a very testing time that we are in right now. I expected there to be alot of...worry... right about now.

Only time will tell

I'm happy to see that Scot Pollard is finally getting consistent minutes.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know winning is winning, but expectations for this team is higher then anything it has been in recent years. If my expectations were just to see the Pacers go deeper into the play-offs, then I could just sit and watch this team not play well and get by. My expectations this year is for an NBA title, and the way that we have been playing is looking like it would carry us to the 2nd round. I guess the reason I'm whinning is because last year, we all sat back waiting for this team to "just flip the switch" and we got our @sses kicked. I know things are suppose to be different when Ron comes back, but I just don't expect him to "just flip the switch".
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It is amazing how fickle some people can be. But it's far from restricted exclusively to this forum.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."