Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most fun game of the year

Default Most fun game of the year

I've been to close 25 games this season in person and this game was the most fun I've had.

The crowd was into from the start, not sure why, but it felt almost like a playoff crowd. The standing ovation they gave Dale Davis in the third quarter was great and well deserved.

The Lakers played very well excpet for the first 6 minutes of each half, but Chucky and Caron were excellent.

Before I get to Reggie a few other Pacers players deserve mention.

Anthony Johnson hit the two most important shots of the game. He hit a three pointer to put the Pacers up 4 and then a two pointer to put us up 6. In fact he scored 9 points in the last 3 1/2 minutes of the game and some of you wonder why I like the guy. I never ever get nervous when he takes an important shot late in a close game because he is a rather clutch shooter.

Jeff Foster did a great job on Odom, so well in fact you did not even notice Odom on the court over the last 18 minutes of the game (a little humor there) . But his overall defense and rebounding was excellent.

That of course leads me into Dale. I'll say this again what were the Warriors coaches smoking, why didn't he play 30 minutes a night for a bad G. State team. Dale is a difference maker. When he is on the bench the team is simply not nearly as good, the opponent gets inside shots, they get rebounds, and they can roam free without any worry, but Dale changes the game more than any player on the Pacers team right now.

Let me end with Reggie of course. That was vintage Reggie, he was good the whole game and he looked 30 years old tonight. If you had been out of the country for 10 years and came back and watched tis game you would say Reggie is as good as ever. That was a special and memorable performance.

A very fun night indeed. I wish everyone could have been there because it was one of the most memorable regular season game I've ever been to.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Most fun game of the year

When Dale recieved that ovation the first thing that poped into my sick twisted head was to wonder if Jermaine has ever recived that big of one. Maybe he has but I dont remember one.

I agree about Golden State what the heck were they thinking. Add Portland and the Hornets to that list.

P.S. I have never said AJ was a bad shooter I have maintained that he was a bad pg. I stand by that and that he should be used in a Steve Kerr roll. That is a big and important roll for a team I just want another backup pg.

3ptmiller

Lucky americans!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When Dale recieved that ovation the first thing that poped into my sick twisted head was to wonder if Jermaine has ever recived that big of one. Maybe he has but I dont remember one.

I agree about Golden State what the heck were they thinking. Add Portland and the Hornets to that list.

P.S. I have never said AJ was a bad shooter I have maintained that he was a bad pg. I stand by that and that he should be used in a Steve Kerr roll. That is a big and important roll for a team I just want another backup pg.
    When JO got 55 he had a huge standing ovation

I feel so proud to be a Pacers fan right now. I got to see the game on TV, and I was cheering my head off.

Dale and Jeff are fantastic. They are such terrific rebounders, I think 33 reb between them. These guys just make a difference and change the game, kind of like Jamaal.

AJ had a spectacular performance...13 and 11. He is a terrific backup PG, and I am glad he is on our team.

And Reggie...what a guy. I love him so much. I hope I can see him one more time.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    When JO got 55 he had a huge standing ovation
    Ok that one was pretty big. And I assume that after many years in uniform he will get more of them. I just think the Pacers fans (not just us die hard freaks) love Dale and are really happy to have him back.

Southside_Pacer

Those Pacers teams in the mid to late 90s will always have a special place in the hearts of fans, because that's when people started taking notice of who the Pacers were, and that we do play pro ball in Indianapolis.

Dale was a big part of that. Those teams were really fun to watch!

Pacers fans have always loved Dale and have always appreciated what he brings to a team. When Dale got that standing ovation for just playing his game (it wasn't as if he scored a bunch of points) I was really happy for Dale more than anything. He had to love that also, because he's a guy who just plays and I doubt he was appreciated in Portland or certainly G.State.

I think Dale is playing so well because he's happy as hell to be home!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Southside_Pacer

And as Dale always says, it feels as if I never left.

UB said it perfectly. Dale plays Dale's game, and that's what we've come to know and love from him.

Yeah, I agree, UB, that this was an extremely fun game to watch. One of my favorites ever. And one of Reggie's best ever if I may say so (in terms of personal performance).

Not to discount our players' efforts, but this Lakers team isn't a good one. This was a game we were meant to win. That said, our players still had to come out and play and makes shots, which they did. I commend Anthony; he is giving me second thoughts about whether or not he really is better as a backup or starter. Dale and Jeff did what they are supposed to do; I was surprised to hear the 16/17 rebounding figures. An amazing job (although the Lakers have only one guy who can rebound consistently). And Reggie; I wish all Pacers fans could have been watching tonight. I was kicking myself for not selecting the ticket package earlier in the season that included tonight's game, but at least I got to watch it. I would have had a heart attack if I'd missed this game like I did the 36 points versus Portland. My respect for Reggie increased even more, though it's really hard to gain much more. He's going out on top of his game, like Quinn said, and that's fitting. His interview with Jim Gra(e)y showed his immense amount of class and leadership as he again reaffirmed his desire to not stand in the way of progress. Bravo, Reggie, bravo. I'm at the point where I'm willing to let go of him; he could not be leaving in a better way except to win the elusive championship, which I hope he gets. And I thought the play at the end, when he drove in and kicked the ball out to Anthony for the 2--Reggie supposedly went against Rick's plan--showed tremendous teamwork. He'd had it going all game long, yet he still went to a teammate when he could've forced up a bad shot, something I think Kobe Bryant will never do. Statistics aside, Reggie Miller was and is a great basketball player. I'm ecstatic about this win, but I cannot wait until Sunday to see what the turnout will be.

The Lakers aren't very good but I thought they played a very determined game tonight and I would guess it was one of their better defensive games in awhile. No doubt the Lakers are not the Spurs or the Heat

One more thing) After the game, Al said that the crowd was chanting, "One/more/year." I wonder if Reggie heard that, and what he thought about that. I imagine it was a surreal experience at the Fieldhouse tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Damn you MSA!!!

I got home with 1:00 left in the first half..........

This is the first time this year I have missed a major "Miller moment[s]"
    Lo siento, senor!

I wouldn't worry; doesn't someone record these games/upload them?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We are sitting in the 6th spot right now, Chicago lost to the hornets tonight, they have lost 4 straight.

Right now, we are about 2.5 games behind Cleveland, so as long as the Pacers continue to play hard, there's no reason to believe we can't end up in the 5th spot in the playoffs, and that is exciting to me, considering all they've been through this year.

3ptmiller

If nobody uploads this game i will go "scarface aka. al pacino" in this forum!

Sports Logo

I hate to tell you this but due to scheduling on my part and satelite problems with someone else this game was not recorded by a single person on the planet.

Just kidding the game is done encoding and will be on its way to able ASAP (it will take about 13 hours) but that makes the news that we did not get the first quarter a little easier to take.

3ptmiller

LOL Ragnar, you almost gave me a heart attack there!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

I hate to tell you this but due to scheduling on my part and satelite problems with someone else this game was not recorded by a single person on the planet.

Just kidding the game is done encoding and will be on its way to able ASAP (it will take about 13 hours) but that makes the news that we did not get the first quarter a little easier to take.
    Yeah, the "encoding" part is a *****. Why is that?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    LOL Ragnar, you almost gave me a heart attack there!
    You dont want to know how fast I had to drive between my house and where I was to get here in time for the second quarter.

My appointment was a half an hour late if he would have been on time I would have made it home right in time for tip off.

3ptmiller

You dont want to know how fast I had to drive between my house and where I was to get here in time for the second quarter.

My appointment was a half an hour late if he would have been on time I would have made it home right in time for tip off.
    Hehe good job tho! at least we can see something of that game

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    Yeah, the "encoding" part is a *****. Why is that?
    I dont think thats too hard I have a system down. It only takes me maybe 15 to 20 minutes to get it set up to encode. It just takes a while for the computer to actually run through the encoding process.

At first it was taking me a lot longer but I have a system now. It has been done for a little while I was just pre occupied and forgot to check it.

I dont think thats too hard I have a system down. It only takes me maybe 15 to 20 minutes to get it set up to encode. It just takes a while for the computer to actually run through the encoding process.

At first it was taking me a lot longer but I have a system now. It has been done for a little while I was just pre occupied and forgot to check it.
    I don't know if this is any different than what you are doing but, after I get a game downloaded. While I'm getting it ready to burn, it goes through the "Encoding" process and it takes real long, up to 2-4 hours(And that is just putting 2 QTR's on one CD)
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    I don't know if this is any different than what you are doing but, after I get a game downloaded. While I'm getting it ready to burn, it goes through the "Encoding" process and it takes real long, up to 2-4 hours(And that is just putting 2 QTR's on one CD)
    Oh you are re encoding it into vcd mode. I take it you are watching it on a set top dvd player?

P.S. I just had a thought and ran upstairs to check this game will replay on ESPN at 3:00am I will stay up and record the first quarter so we have the entire game. (I am staying up to watch F1 qualifying anyway not that late but what the heck)

Oh you are re encoding it into vcd mode. I take it you are watching it on a set top dvd player?
    Yeah, I am watching it on a DVD player. Is that why? Whats a "Set top dvd player" ?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions