Thread: My Random Thoughts

Default My Random Thoughts

I felt I should share this thought. Does anyone else find it interesting how we went from having a bigman problem to having a nice core of big men (though only one is a true center- Harrison), without even realizing it?

I love the way they make a move that may not get a lot of hype, but then later on we're thinking "Damn, where would we be without this guy?" (speaking of the Harrington/Jackson trade).

You look at IT up in New York just trying to get "names" and obviously has no clue how to gel a team together. You look at Atlanta, and think....WTF?
    The Clippers still have no clue......

Yet with EVERYTHING we've been through this year, players are developing and getting lots of playing time, we quietly bring back a guy like Dale, Reggie at 39 can still take over a game if needed. We find out that Stephen Jackson is unstoppable. We find out that AJ just needed to adjust to playing a little and he'd come along. We found that if James Jones wasn't so hesitant, he'd actually be a deadly shooter. Fred Jones is freaking amazing.

And we also found out that Bender was hopeless..........ok maybe I should speak for myself since some of you knew this about 4 years ago.

I think the absolute only reason we're struggling right now is injuries. NOT the "brawl". We could have used Dale around brawl time...actually I doubt Mr. Wallace would have gone as far as he did and pushed Artest had Dale been there, but enough of that talk........

After getting robbed of players year, after year, after year, the Warriors pulled off one of the biggest steals ever by getting Baron Davis. If you watch them like I'm forced to since I live in the Oakland area, you'd notice the before and after affect is HUUUGE! Going to see a game is like a whole new world from when I went the first 2 games of the season (vs Portland, and vs. Utah where they lost badly!). They're a playoff team next year without a doubt since they actually have players signed into next season. Now if they could just be slapped for giving Foyle that contract....

Phoenix is a one hit wonder...

I still think Earl Watson would be a good pickup for the Pacers if they gave up on AJ.

Am I a bad person for thinking I'd like to see Jermaine sit even if we make the playoffs?

Am I the only one that believes Fred Jones is a dunking piece of....tradebait?

Default Re: My Random Thoughts

How do you go from sayin that Fred Jones is freaking amazing to being a Dunking piece of trade bait?

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you go from sayin that Fred Jones is freaking amazing to being a Dunking piece of trade bait?

In my eyes he's freaking amazing but if we are to make any moves in the offseason, I'd be really surprised if Freddy isn't included. The traidbait comment was meant to be more of a compliment.

I too believe Earl Watson would be a great acquisition for the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    I too believe Earl Watson would be a great acquisition for the Pacers.

Grizzlies won't give him up, they love the guy. JWill gets injured a lot and he is erractic. Watson is almost the starter for a very good Grizzlies team

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Grizzlies won't give him up, they love the guy. JWill gets injured a lot and he is erractic. Watson is almost the starter for a very good Grizzlies team
    Yeah, that's the problem with trying to get him. ...Jerry West is too smart to give him away.

Quote Originally Posted by gniknave
    I felt I should share this thought. Does anyone else find it interesting how we went from having a bigman problem to having a nice core of big men (though only one is a true center- Harrison), without even realizing it?
    No, I don't. In fact, it's one of the big ways that I disagree with Donnie's approach.

We did the same thing with small forwards a couple of years ago.

I think it's Donnie's biggest weakness... even more than overpaying his own players.