Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 911

Thread: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

  1. #1
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,400

    Default The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    I'm not sure there's anything left to be said but if there is how about putting it here and not in the game threads unless he is actually a factor in the game somehow....
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  2. #2

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    I'm confused that not the pro richardson people are saying he does indeed suck in the game thread. Which really begs the question why they are refuting the claims of the people who say he sucks. Seems an odd thing to do

  3. #3
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,647
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    The only thing I'm ever going to say in this thread and then avoid like the plague. Trent is an average RB in my opinion. When two different teams have decided they'd rather have other average backs instead of you, that says something and it isn't good. I don't know what it is, but two coaching staffs have now decided to cut ties with him. Mayeb the other guys aren't any better than Trent, but there's something that's causing these people to make the decisions they are making. That is all.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    27,740

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm confused that not the pro richardson people are saying he does indeed suck in the game thread. Which really begs the question why they are refuting the claims of the people who say he sucks. Seems an odd thing to do
    I can see you're not going to take the time and actually read what I've already written, so I'll try one more time to get you into the loop.

    No one is refuting that Trent's production sucks. What is being said, is that the Colts run game, period, sucks. That's why we keep pointing out Boom's lack of production. Not to argue that Boom sucks, I don't think he does. It's to show that regardless of who lines up behind Luck, no one is getting it done. Which brings logic into the equation. If player A's production sucks, so player B is brought in, and their production sucks when does it stop becoming about player A and B, and rather about the system they're in?

    You say Trent sucks.
    I say the Colts running game sucks.
    You ask why I'm refuting Trent sucks.
    I point out I'm not refuting Trent suck.
    You ask, again, why I'm refuting Trent sucks.


    Maybe I should break out the crayons and draw a picture. I don't know how I can explain that 2.7ypc sucks, regardless of who it was, but it has to be easier than using plain english.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

  6. #5

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    Boom is our running game. He has a 4.5 average run. That most certainly does not suck

  7. #6
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    27,740

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    There's a very large difference between 4.5ypc when you're only getting 7-8 carries, and a 4.5ypc average when you're getting 20-25. It's like trying to compare DeAndre Jordan's FG% to Michael Jordan's and explaining why DeAndre's scoring is just as good.

    The Colts WANT to run the ball, and still don't. That say's something about their faith in the running game, or lack of faith I should say.
    Last edited by Since86; 01-13-2015 at 03:31 PM.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

  8. #7
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    27,740

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    The difference between Trent and Boom are three carries, out of 91. Three.

    Boom has been the starter for 8 games. 91 carries 396yds. Three carries, 49yds/27yds/18yds is where Boom has made his impact. If you take those three carries out, which is 4% of his total carries, his average falls to.....3.4ypc. Trent Richardson's ypc? 3.3.

    You can't base your RB production, on a couple homeruns. It's like thinking Adam Dunn would be your savior. Sure, you can look at those 40 homeruns he hits (or did hit) but they don't mean a whole lot if he's striking out every other plate appearance. Boom's production is not something that is reliable. Which is why the Colts have given up on the power run game they wanted, and instead look to mix in some runs in order to keep the defense honest.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

  9. #8
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,470

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    He's awful.... that is all
    Smothered Chicken!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:


  11. #9

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    Trent Richardson is INACTIVE.

    This thread should be also. At least until there's something to discuss.

  12. #10
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,365

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trent Richardson is INACTIVE.

    This thread should be also. At least until there's something to discuss.
    This thread is here so that people can stop polluting every other thread with retarded Trent Sucks comments. Don't ask me why they continue to do so --- but they do. Don't ask me why they then start complaining about people who talk about it (although they bring it up).

    So this is the place for it. Knock yourselves out.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  13. #11

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The difference between Trent and Boom are three carries, out of 91. Three.

    Boom has been the starter for 8 games. 91 carries 396yds. Three carries, 49yds/27yds/18yds is where Boom has made his impact. If you take those three carries out, which is 4% of his total carries, his average falls to.....3.4ypc. Trent Richardson's ypc? 3.3.

    You can't base your RB production, on a couple homeruns. It's like thinking Adam Dunn would be your savior. Sure, you can look at those 40 homeruns he hits (or did hit) but they don't mean a whole lot if he's striking out every other plate appearance. Boom's production is not something that is reliable. Which is why the Colts have given up on the power run game they wanted, and instead look to mix in some runs in order to keep the defense honest.
    Take out any RBS good runs and their average drops. Wtf are you trying to say with that if Richardson had any long runs we could take them away and look at his average.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  15. #12

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    We just don't have decent RBs so our running game is below average. I don't know that Boom is better than TR because i would need to see more of him but I do know that we need a better running game than TR can provide. Being inactive and pegged lower than Tipton (?) says to me that the team has decided they are done with him and have little confidence in him. Essentially TR was fired.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:


  17. #13
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    27,740

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take out any RBS good runs and their average drops.
    No kidding.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wtf are you trying to say with that if Richardson had any long runs we could take them away and look at his average.
    I'm saying 96% of the time, there is no difference between what Trent is producing and what Boom is producing. Or another way of saying it, 29 times out of 30, you're going to get exactly what Trent gave you.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

  18. #14

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    Here's another very important stat Richardson lost yards about 1 out of every 8 snaps. Boom about 1 out of 15.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  20. #15

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No kidding.




    I'm saying 96% of the time, there is no difference between what Trent is producing and what Boom is producing. Or another way of saying it, 29 times out of 30, you're going to get exactly what Trent gave you.
    You can say that all you want but not a single stat or the eye test backs you up.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  22. #16
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,219

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    Bye Trent. You gonna get your sorry *** cut.

    Worst Grigson move by far. I hated it the day it was announced and loathe it so much more now.

    I guess winning it all will make me feel better.
    First time in a long time, I've been happy with the team that was constructed, and now they struggle. I blame the coach.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  24. #17
    #Biggie4NPOY Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22,970

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    It will be interesting to see if he dresses this weekend. I guess anyway. If he does maybe the coming in overweight rumor was true and it wasn't strictly because he stinks.

  25. #18
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    27,740

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can say that all you want but not a single stat or the eye test backs you up.
    Except they actually do.

    Since he has started, Boom has 91 carries for 396 yards.
    He has three carries totaling 49, 27, and 18.
    49+27+18=94yds
    396yds-94yds=302yds
    91carries-3carries=88carries
    302yds/88carries=3.431ypc

    88/91=96.7

    96.7% of the time, Boom averages 3.431 yards per carry.

    Math:
    Last edited by Since86; 01-13-2015 at 05:09 PM.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

  26. #19

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It will be interesting to see if he dresses this weekend. I guess anyway. If he does maybe the coming in overweight rumor was true and it wasn't strictly because he stinks.
    Where is this rumor coming from? I tend to think that the reason Pagano gave makes more sense. When did this sudden weight gain occur?

  27. #20
    #Biggie4NPOY Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22,970

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where is this rumor coming from? I tend to think that the reason Pagano gave makes more sense. When did this sudden weight gain occur?
    I have no clue where it came from, credible source wise anyway, if there is one. Have just heard/read it here and there online.

  28. #21
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    27,740

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    TJ said it came from the Colts pre-game show on the radio, IIRC.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

  29. #22

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except they actually do.

    Since he has started, Boom has 91 carries for 396 yards.
    He has three carries totaling 49, 27, and 18.
    49+27+18=94yds
    396yds-94yds=302yds
    91carries-3carries=88carries
    302yds/88carries=3.431ypc

    88/91=96.7

    96.7% of the time, Boom averages 3.431 yards per carry.
    Lol, what?

    If you take away 40 of Andrew Luck's touchdown passes, he's 340/576 (59%) for 3,962 yards 0 TD/16 INT.

    Luck threw 616 passes, 40 of which were touchdowns. 40/616=6.49%

    So 93.5% of the time, there's no difference between Andrew Luck and Curtis Painter.

  30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  31. #23

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except they actually do.

    Since he has started, Boom has 91 carries for 396 yards.
    He has three carries totaling 49, 27, and 18.
    49+27+18=94yds
    396yds-94yds=302yds
    91carries-3carries=88carries
    302yds/88carries=3.431ypc

    88/91=96.7

    96.7% of the time, Boom averages 3.431 yards per carry.

    Math:
    Take away Richardson's top 6 runs and he averages 2.77. So yeah nice try. You take one guys long runs you gotta take the others.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  33. #24

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except they actually do.

    Since he has started, Boom has 91 carries for 396 yards.
    He has three carries totaling 49, 27, and 18.
    49+27+18=94yds
    396yds-94yds=302yds
    91carries-3carries=88carries
    302yds/88carries=3.431ypc

    88/91=96.7

    96.7% of the time, Boom averages 3.431 yards per carry.

    Math:
    You realize that works that way for running backs right? If I took 3 big runs out of every running backs 90 carries, then a lot of them would be below the 4 YPC mark. Boom and every other running back gets big runs that burst his YPC average up, Trent doesn't. Not to mention Boom has been a lot better receiving wise than Trent, not to say Trent sucks at being a receiver out of the backfield, but he doesn't have the elusiveness or speed Boom does, so Boom obviously has more success there.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  35. #25
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    27,740

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Trent Richardson Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol, what?

    If you take away 40 of Andrew Luck's touchdown passes, he's 340/576 (59%) for 3,962 yards 0 TD/16 INT.

    Luck threw 616 passes, 40 of which were touchdowns. 40/616=6.49%

    So 93.5% of the time, there's no difference between Andrew Luck and Curtis Painter.
    Yep, because 100% and 3% are so mathmatically close to each other.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •