Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Colts vs Pats AFC Title Game (and Deflategate discussion)

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colts vs Pats AFC Title Game

There are some key differences between our game in week 11 and the next game:

1) We were coming off a bye and it was pretty obvious we were rusty as hell.
    2) Our o line is functioning now, which is huge for both aspects of our offense. This is the single most hugest (yes, I said most hugest) improvement.
    3) We've established a few more receivers, Moncrief and Nicks, both of whom I feel have taken on more responsibility and production in recent weeks.
    4) Luck is playing at a higher level now than he was then.
    5) Pep has somewhat gotten his head out of his *** in some of his play calls. Utilizing the underneath passes more, etc...
    6) Jonas Grey won't be getting 200 yards and four touchdowns again. His game log is hilarious. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo...364/jonas-gray He tallied up a total of 80 yards for the REST OF THE SEASON after he gouged us for 200. Half his yards this season came against US in that one game.
    7) Newsome has come on of late.
    8) I believe we were missing Arthur Jones and Dwayne Allen for that game, both key losses. I also want to say our o line was dinged as hell.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Also, I want you all to check out Luck's receivers tonight:

REC YDS AVG TD LG
    T. Hilton 4 72 18.0 0 23 8
    C. Fleener 3 49 16.3 0 32 6
    D. Herron 8 32 4.0 0 10 8
    D. Moncrief 2 32 16.0 0 22 8
    D. Allen 4 30 7.5 1 18 4
    H. Nicks 2 24 12.0 1 15 2
    J. Doyle 3 14 4.7 0 8 4
    Z. Tipton 1 12 12.0 0 12 2
    R. Wayne 0 0 0.0 0 0 1

Now THAT is spreading the ball around against a pretty damn good Bronco playoff defense loaded with all-pros in the secondary.

Also... Reggie with no catches. =/
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 01-12-2015 at 12:16 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Nicks hasn't made the impact we all probably hoped he would, but he's made some really nice, important grabs these last two games

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nicks hasn't made the impact we all probably hoped he would, but he's made some really nice, important grabs these last two games
    He was better to end the regular season as well. He's getting hot when it matters.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not scared of NE. Their defense is garbage. Revis has to hold WR's in order to defend them. If our offensive line continues to play well, Luck will pick NE apart
    Being unable to close out a game in which you have a comfortable lead in the 4th Q = Pulling a Frank Vogel

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    There are some key differences between our game in week 11 and the next game:

1) We were coming off a bye and it was pretty obvious we were rusty as hell.
    2) Our o line is functioning now, which is huge for both aspects of our offense. This is the single most hugest (yes, I said most hugest) improvement.
    3) We've established a few more receivers, Moncrief and Nicks, both of whom I feel have taken on more responsibility and production in recent weeks.
    4) Luck is playing at a higher level now than he was then.
    5) Pep has somewhat gotten his head out of his *** in some of his play calls. Utilizing the underneath passes more, etc...
    6) Jonas Grey won't be getting 200 yards and four touchdowns again. His game log is hilarious. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo...364/jonas-gray He tallied up a total of 80 yards for the REST OF THE SEASON after he gouged us for 200. Half his yards this season came against US in that one game.
    7) Newsome has come on of late.
    8) I believe we were missing Arthur Jones and Dwayne Allen for that game, both key losses. I also want to say our o line was dinged as hell.
    I think we were cocky at that time, and expected to win just by showing up. The final score wasn't truly indicative of the game. Colts were still in it mid way through the 3rd quarter if I can remember, and then things fell apart rapidly. TY Hilton was a complete no-show that game, and I trust the coaches will get him the ball next week.
    Being unable to close out a game in which you have a comfortable lead in the 4th Q = Pulling a Frank Vogel

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Dab

They just mentioned the 3 times Colts have played NE with Luck have all been blowouts. Those games have 0.0% significance heading into next week's game. Both teams are 0-0

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

The key to the game for me is how our defense can limit Brady and those short, intermediate routes and passing to Gronk. If they somehow can hold that to a minimum, I don't think they have the long game to beat us.

Colts need to continue the short passing game, too. Guarantee that they will take that away next game, so I feel either the run game or long ball game will be free. Gotta take advantage of that.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    to be fair, Flacco's sorta criminally underrated really. he's not Joe Montana or anything but people act like he's freakin Trent Dilfer.
    Also that year with the Ravens, the stories all ended up being about Ray Lewis's final year, their defense, and then the Harbaugh Super Bowl...so he was overshadowed the whole time.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nicks is a big game performer. I think we all were too harsh on him earlier and should have seen this coming. It's not the best trait but I love having him on the team and would like to bring him back next year.

residing in Maryland but Indianapolis born and raised

This coaching staff has to put in everything this week in preparation. Anybody can be beat and I stand by that statement.
    Larry Bird and Ryan Grigson- wasting the talents of Paul George and Andrew Luck

Beginning to feel a lot like 2006.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Really glad the Pats used up so many trick plays against the Ravens. They had been saving those awhile. Hopefully they don't have much crazy stuff left

Winning the AFC Championship in Foxborough would be a football dream come true.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

I like our chances. We are playing on completely house money at this point. The only thing people could hang over our heads is that Luck would drop to 0-4 against Belichick and Brady, but **** playing those guys 4 times in 3 years is already an accomplishment for such a young QB. That means you're getting matched up in the playoffs and as a division winner within the conference every year if you're seeing them.

I am still waiting for Reggie Wayne to have a play. I think he will in this game. He has always made plays against the Patriots.

Not sure if you guys can beat Brady this year (though I dont think its out of the realm of possibility) but man....once Brad retired in 2-3 years....I could see the Colts winning 3-4 SB...maybe even back to back

Good luck this weekend

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Not sure if you guys can beat Brady this year (though I dont think its out of the realm of possibility) but man....once Brad retired in 2-3 years....I could see the Colts winning 3-4 SB...maybe even back to back

Good luck this weekend
    I might be setting myself up for disappointment, but I think the Colts will win. Here's the thing, Peyton Manning always had the whole "can he ever beat NE" question lingering around for almost ten years. Andrew Luck is different than Peyton, and I'm not suggesting he is better, just a different QB. If Luck loses Sunday, than his record vs NE will be 0-4. I just don't think Luck will be that guy that loses to the same team over and over, and has to answer the same question that plagued Peyton Manning early in his career

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post

Good luck this weekend
    So until Brady retires the Colts really do not have a shot? That is a bit of hubris.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

I'm riding the Luck train to Arizona.
    Colts 31
    Pats 21
    Smothered Chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    So until Brady retires the Colts really do not have a shot? That is a bit of hubris.
    I think he's saying Brady is our only real AFC competition, if you think Manning has now been vanquished, and once Brady retires who else can top Luck?
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Hubris? Also, I never said the Colts dont have a chance. I even added the part "though I dont think its out of the realm of possibility"

No, I am saying, in my opinion, Brady is the only competition ya'll will face to get to the SB
    Last edited by vapacersfan; 01-12-2015 at 06:03 PM.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Posted on Brady's official Facebook page. It begins.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Ol Tommy Boy trying to clown us
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

He posted something similar about the Ravens last week. Pretty cocky. Imagine the **** Peyton would get if he did something like this.

This is why I hate New England so much. They are arrogant, they are pricks.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 01-12-2015 at 07:33 PM.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    I think the Bronco's promote Adam Gase to head coach and Peyton comes back for one more season.
    They just released the ENTIRE coaching staff. They didn't retain Gase or Del Rio.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post: