Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108
Results 2,676 to 2,688 of 2688

Thread: Colts vs Pats AFC Title Game (and Deflategate discussion)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colts vs Pats AFC Title Game (and Deflategate discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Rather fitting this comes out on the two year anniversary
    The Boston media has been posting stuff like this since Deflategate started. They conveniently ignore all of the professionals whose conclusions are to the contrary.

The fact that they're still posting this stuff while on the verge of the Super Bowl is just kinda sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...sons-pinnacle/

Jonathan Kraft: AFC title game loss might have been Ryan Grigson’s pinnacle

Colts General Manager Ryan Grigson was fired on Saturday and he was on the receiving end of a shot from Patriots president Jonathan Kraft on Sunday.

During a pregame appearance on 98.5 The Sports Hub, Kraft was asked about Grigson’s dismissal and he mentioned the AFC title game two years ago as being the moment when everything started going downhill for the former G.M. in Indianapolis.

“I don’t, you’d have to ask Jim Irsay about it,” Kraft said, via the Boston Herald. “He’d be the one to ask. That game might have been Ryan’s pinnacle, I don’t know. Jimmy can talk about what’s going on with the Colts. We’re fortunately playing football today.”

In addition to being the last time the Colts played a postseason game, that 45-7 Patriots win was also the game that introduced Deflategate to the national lexicon. Grigson sent an email to the league about suspicions regarding the intentional deflation of balls before the game and complained to league officials during the game as well.

I just love that, That is great stuff and good to hear. I'm rooting for the Falcons for sure,

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...reprehensible/

Tom Brady Sr.: Roger Goodell constantly lied, it’s beyond reprehensible

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has said he’ll wait until after the Super Bowl to share his thoughts about NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. Brady’s dad isn’t waiting.

Tom Brady Sr. told KRON that Goodell is an unethical liar who went on a witch hunt against his son.

“What the league did to him and what Roger Goodell constantly lied about is beyond reprehensible as far as I’m concerned,” Brady Sr. said of his son. “[Goodell] went on a witch hunt and went in way over his head and had to lie his way out in numerous ways and the reality is that Tommy never got suspended for deflating footballs. He got suspended because the court said that he could, Roger Goodell could do anything that he wanted to do to any player for any reason whatsoever. That’s what happened. The NFL admitted they had no evidence on him.”

As for the possibility of Goodell standing next to Brady after the Patriots win the Super Bowl, Brady Sr. doesn’t relish that, saying, “Somebody that has Roger Goodell’s ethics doesn’t belong on any stage that Tom Brady is on.”

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good Lord. The Pats are the guys who get caught cheating on their GF, who spends the next 3 years talking about how big of a ***** she was and how she deserved it.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...isnt-over-yet/

#DeflateGate technically isn’t over, yet

Before the book can be closed once and for all on the football-inflation odyssey known as #DeflateGate, one more thing still has to occur.

As noted by Alex Rikleen of the Boston Herald, the process will end after the Patriots forfeit their selection in the fourth round of the 2017 draft.

The Patriots have found multiple contributors in the fourth round. From current Patriots like running back James White to receiver Malcolm Mitchell to defensive linemen Trey Flowers to offensive linemen Shaq Mason and Cameron Fleming to kicker Stephen Gostkowski, each arrived in New England via round four.

Other key Patriots came after round four, which underscores the potential value of that round. Tackle Marcus Cannon was a fifth-round pick, for example. Receiver Julian Edelman arrived via round seven.

And, of course, the greatest quarterback to ever play the game was picked two rounds after the fourth round.

So losing a fourth-round pick remains a big deal for the Patriots — even if there will be no way of knowing who Patriots would have taken with that pick and whether that player will develop into the kind of player elsewhere that he would have become in New England.

I'll make sure to skip this sports movie....

http://deadline.com/2017/02/tom-brad...am-1201912990/

Tom Brady Book & Movie Coming From ‘The Finest Hours’ Writing Team

EXCLUSIVE: A new book and feature film project about Tom Brady, who has won more Super Bowls than any quarterback in NFL history, is on its way. Paul Tamasy and Eric Johnson, the writers behind Disney’s The Finest Hours who were nominated for an Oscar for The Fighter, and New York Times bestselling author Casey Sherman are reteaming.

Joining up with them is Boston journalist Dave Wedge, who was Sherman’s co-author on Boston Strong. Tamasy and Johnson used the book as part of their source material the basis for Patriots Day, which they got story by credit on and also executive produced.

Tom Brady movie

The Brady book and film will chronicle the New England Patriots superstar’s come-from-behind win in Super Bowl LI, but it’s not going to shy away from controversy and will include the team’s battle to overcome the Deflategate debacle in 2014, follow Brady’s fall from grace and then his triumphant return to lead the Patriots to his fifth world championship. That surprising overtime victory against the Falcons this month cemented Brady’s and Bill Belichick’s legacies as the top quarterback and head coach in NFL history.

The writers already have cultivated several sources inside the Patriots locker room to provide a first-hand look at what went on behind the scenes in a Super Bowl that had everyone on the edge of their seats. The game, which the Patriots won 34-28, drew comparisons to other iconic moments in sports history such as Muhammad Ali’s win over George Foreman in the 1974 “Rumble in the Jungle.”

Tamasy and Johnson also recently penned the screenplay about 5,000-to-1 underdog Leicester City’s miraculous run to the English Premier League title. We’re told that Sherman and Wedge (who both work in Boston) had a front-row seat and watched the drama unfold.

Sherman’s book The Finest Hours, which Tamasy and Johnson adapted, was made into a film last year that starred Chris Pine and Casey Affleck, the latter a Best Actor Oscar nominee for Manchester By The Sea.

The writers are repped by WME and The Gotham Group.

http://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-...s-that-you-are

KRAVITZ: Are you ready for the Deflategate movie? Hollywood thinks that you are

KRAVITZ: Are you ready for the Deflategate movie? Hollywood thinks that you are

INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) - Good news: I’m going to receive an invitation to the world premiere of the Deflategate/Patriots movie, which is expected to be released in roughly two years, give or take.

"If you're interested, we'll send you an invitation to come [to New England]," said author Casey Sherman, the Boston-based writer who will co-write a book that will be adapted for the screen.

Then he paused.

"But you'd better bring security,’" he quickly added.

Seriously?

"Oh yeah," he said. "You're public enemy number one around here."

Oh.

I could see maybe being in the top five, but how about Ryan Grigson, Chris Mortensen, Roger Goodell, Ted Wells and Mike Kensil, among others? I mean, No. 1? Well, I guess it's good to be No. 1 at something, right?

Before talking further about the movie, which is still in its embryonic writing stages, I needed to have an important question answered: Will I be in the movie? I mean, my character. And do you think Ryan Reynolds might be willing to play me in the flick? Shirtless, preferably.

"Maybe Burt Reynolds," Sherman said.

Hey, I'll take an aging sex symbol.

Truth is, Louis C.K. would be perfect for that role, however small it happens to be.

"We'll have to see what you look like and get the mannerisms, things like that," Sherman said.

Anyway, enough about me. Let's talk about this movie. Co-writers Dave Wedge and Sherman have collaborated on several books, including "Boston Strong", which was turned into the movie "Patriots Day". They are just now sitting down to write the book that will rapidly be turned into a screenplay written by Paul Tamasy and Eric Johnson, who've written the screenplays for the movies "Patriots Day", "The Fighter" and "The Finest Hours".

The original idea was to write a book about the NFL and its most recent scandals – Deflategate, Spygate, the Ray Rice fiasco, and more.

But then something happened:

The Super Bowl happened.

The Patriots came back from a 25-point deficit late in the third quarter to knock off the Atlanta Falcons, 34-28, in overtime.

At which point, Wedge and Sherman, both New Englanders, got a call from Tamasy and Johnson: Why not write a book that not only focuses on Deflategate, but one that focuses more specifically on Tom Brady’s up-from-nothing story and how the Patriots reacted to Deflategate, winning the Super Bowl to cap off their so-called Revenge Tour? As the pair writes the book, pages will be sent simultaneously to Tamasy and Johnson, who will turn it into a movie screenplay. At that point, the hope is that some big-name actors and actresses will embrace the idea (Mark Wahlberg does every Boston-related movie, right?) and the movie studio will give it the green light.

"Paul and Eric called us about two days after the Super Bowl and told us, 'We think there's a big appetite in Hollywood for this story'," Wedge said. "That's when the lightbulb went off. It's the great American sports story, so we said, 'We're in. Let's go'."

He continued, "People around the country may not want to hear this…but when you see stars like Tom Brady, there's usually a dark side that nobody knows about. There's usually some flaw. But that's not the case with this guy. It’s just not. He’s an incredible dad, incredible husband, just a good man all around. What it amounts to is Deflategate definitely put a chink in that armor. Spygate was more about [Bill] Belichick and the system; Deflategate was about Brady, and he took that personally. Fans and teammates did, too, so everyone rallied around him.

"What really happened with Deflategate, we’ll probably never know. But one thing’s for sure: The guy used it as fuel. So for us, it’s that kind of taking adversity and turning it into a rallying cry and turning it into something inspirational. Those are the stories people want to hear, stories that make people feel good."

This, though, is my question: How will it play in Peoria? Will anybody in central Indiana fork over cash to watch a movie that re-lives the Deflategate saga and celebrates the life and times of Tom Brady? Outside of New Englanders, who will flock to the theaters to watch the flick? (Keep in mind, I once reviewed Tony Dungy’s first book and found it to be a pleasant read but hardly a page-turner, only to watch it land on the New York Times best-seller list for weeks on end…so what do I know?)

"Look, people who hate the Patriots probably aren’t going to see this movie," Wedge said. "But anyone who loves a great sports story is going to like it. People didn’t like [boxer] Vinny Pazienza, but appreciated what he went through with that car accident in the movie 'Bleed For This.' People love a good underdog overcoming adversity story. It’s kind of a universal theme.

"This isn’t 'Miracle', some guy coming out of obscurity to become a champion, but there are those elements. I think there will be lots of interest beyond just Patriots fans."

Popular sports movies have always been about plucky underdogs overcoming the odds and doing extraordinary things. We’ve had `Hoosiers.’ We’ve had `Rudy.’ Even though those were Indiana-based stories, they had a greater universality to them, a larger message that resonated far beyond this state’s borders. Both movies were wildly successful.

And that’s what Wedge and Sherman want to do: Tell the story of a no-name sixth rounder who shared time with Drew Henson at Michigan, who was chosen with the 199th pick of the draft, who assumed the reins of the Patriots after Drew Bledsoe was hurt and led the long-suffering Patriots to the first of five Super Bowls. The Deflategate mess makes it even more delicious: Brady fighting perceived injustice, Brady fighting back against the NFL’s powers-that-be, ultimately coming out on top and winning a fifth ring that fits nicely on his extended middle finger.

“Playing devil’s advocate a little bit, I know how important the victory was for the New England fan base but I didn’t know how the story was resonating around the country,’’ Sherman said. “But Tamasy told us, regardless of how people think about Brady, whether they like or dislike him, at least the buzz in Hollywood was this is an incredible story to be told.

Here’s the problem: Brady as the plucky underdog, Brady as Hickory High or Rudy, looks to me like a hard sell – but again, I hated La La Land, so I’m not exactly Siskel or Ebert. In New England, they’re convinced the Patriots were completely innocent of the charges and that Brady got railroaded. Outside of New England, though, there remain lots of folks who believe Brady tried to pull a fast one by having his equipment people deflate the footballs in order to make them easier to throw, catch and carry in the rainy conditions the night of the AFC Championship Game against the Colts.

The ultimate success of the book and the movie will depend on how non-New Englanders take to project, both the book and the movie.

Just as long as I get my invitation to the premiere.

And while I’m at it, if Ryan Reynolds isn’t available, I’ve been told George Clooney sees my character as a role of a lifetime...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Colts vs Pats AFC Title Game (and Deflategate discussion)

This is a whole new level of pathetic.

I always knew that Bostonians were insecure, but this is just sad.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

"What really happened with Deflategate, we’ll probably never know. But one thing’s for sure: The guy used it as fuel. So for us, it’s that kind of taking adversity and turning it into a rallying cry and turning it into something inspirational. Those are the stories people want to hear, stories that make people feel good."
    You can bet in the movie it will be ambiguous at best, and more than likely portrayed as never happening in any way, shape, or form.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Which is why its laughable to me that this would be a movie let alone him as some sort of victim/underdog.

If you wanted to make a "feel good" story about Tom Brady(blech) it should be how he was a 6th round draft pick who came out of nowhere and won an SB then end it there.

You can say a lot of things about Brady but underdog is not one of them(not since he won his first SB)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you didn't know anything about Deflategate, the only piece of evidence to show how stupid and emotional Boston fans are about this is the fact that they hate Kravitz for breaking the story. Somehow those dullards think the guy who reported on the investigation is the cause of the investigation. They are that stupid.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post: