Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT-Where's Sassan?

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default OT-Where's Sassan?

I recently IMed him and he said that his access has been revoked and he would like to know if this was on purpose or just a mess up. He said JOneal7 is like that also. Thanks.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Default Re: OT-Where's Sassan?

He doesn't know how to talk to people he doesn't agree with, without becoming insulting. Most people on here agree that they disagree on a point and let it drop. He won't let it go and belabors a point to death. JOneal7 is like that too.

It's my opinion that both made nice posts at times, however the bad far out weighed the good to the point of disrupting the board. I had recently put both on ignore and thus actually find this as good news.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will say that there are just as many people on here that go out of their way to provoke the two of them as well. I don't much care for most of their ways, but I also don't agree with how others on here state their points either. My solution is just to ignore it. If most others did the same then there would be more than enough room for everyone.

This is straight from Sassan,

"If you want to keep me away from this forum and stop the flow of free expression which our nation values, go ahead. All I ask is for the termination of my account, and for the deletion of any posts I have made on here. My goal on here was never a personal one, but it was to even out the balance of negativity that goes on about our players so often. All I have ever done is be supportive of all our players and our team and if you want to go on and have the Piston fans on this forum make them feel at home, go ahead and do so.
    I have stood for what I believed in, and do not regret one thing. Just please make sure to delete all my posts and the termination of my account"
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Pacerfan, every time you post something serious like that quote from Sassan I get a chuckle because it looks like Cro, Reg, and Dale are all laughing at whatever someone might be saying.

I love it, it's absolutely hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by efx
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacerfan, every time you post something serious like that quote from Sassan I get a chuckle because it looks like Cro, Reg, and Dale are all laughing at whatever someone might be saying.

I love it, it's absolutely hilarious!
    LOL I just noticed, it is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    LOL I just noticed, it is hilarious.
    Oh my God, I just looked at that!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Dream Big

You banned him again? Unbelievable...

I actually thought he was good this time, I have no idea why he would get banned, I guess he got banned because he likes Ron too much.

No, he was borderline insulting at times. I don't know why he ever wanted to come back after all he said about this board and its members on the indystar forum.

In the end I couldn't care either way, I started having him on ignore so his posts didn't affect me one way or the other.

This is from JOneal7,

"Banned Again? Looks like hicks is on his jealous trip again...Of course when people like will galen and jay start complaining then things have to change! Right? Me And Sassan Are the biggest pacer fans here...and we are banned...of course! This is a domain for piston fans..they can do w/e the hell they want. Hicks has some problem with me...plus people on here are way to sensitive...I guess it's cause they are old.. what else do you ask from old people? and they don't understand us because there In indiana. They wouldn't know what it is with the newer generation . So they fear us... I see it now. Keep me banned? AWWWWWWWWWWW is will galen gonna whine if we get back? that's just it. Your jus way 2 sensitive...oh no he did not just say that! hah...Hicks is jus mad cause Sassan And I exposed him...they fear us...that's all..."

Super Bowl XLI Champions

BTW, I am done posting the messages.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Tee hee....when did they get banned?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Yeah, fear is the right word to describe what's going on here. Let's not get them young ones angry at us.

What suprises me about those two people is that when they get banned they all bash this place and claim how awful it is. Then why do they always end up coming back? If it sucks so hard I wouldn't waste my time with it.

LMAO at that guy JOneal saying he is the biggest fan on here,just because you go to games doesnt mean you are the biggest fan and also we lose 2 games in a row he will start talking **** and become a Magic fan until they lose a few and he will hoop right back on our bandwagon.

These guys just take things way too personal and often take things way too far with personal attacks etc. They also seem to think they are better than everyone else just because they have some wristbands, autographs etc. big deal.....

I am glad to see them gone.

If you are surprised Sass is banned, then you didn't catch some of his posts before they were deleted.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    This is from JOneal7,

"Banned Again? Looks like hicks is on his jealous trip again...Of course when people like will galen and jay start complaining then things have to change! Right? Me And Sassan Are the biggest pacer fans here...and we are banned...of course! This is a domain for piston fans..they can do w/e the hell they want. Hicks has some problem with me...plus people on here are way to sensitive...I guess it's cause they are old.. what else do you ask from old people? and they don't understand us because there In indiana. They wouldn't know what it is with the newer generation . So they fear us... I see it now. Keep me banned? AWWWWWWWWWWW is will galen gonna whine if we get back? that's just it. Your jus way 2 sensitive...oh no he did not just say that! hah...Hicks is jus mad cause Sassan And I exposed him...they fear us...that's all..."

I didn't complain one time. I just put both JOneal7 and Sassan on ignore. My first comment was the second post in this thread.

JOneal7 immediately accused me of complaining which helped lead to him getting thrown off the board. Which more or less proves the point of why they are off the board. Neither knows how to talk to people without attacking them, and both jump to unwarranted conclusions.

Plus he accuses Hicks of being jealous. What nonsense! Hicks is the one that started this board and he's held in high esteem and he's a young man just like Sassan and JOneal7.

As for Sassan, he doesn't think any Pacer fan should say anything bad about any of the Pacers. That's nonsense! This isn't the place for hyperbolic rah rah fans. Most ardent Pacer fans look at the Pacer players like they do their family. Some times we get mad at our family, that doesn't mean we don't love them. He doesn't get that.

Like I said, I won't miss them!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's interesting that they got banned for responding in a thread that was posted to provoke them. They responded as the person who posted it knew they would and then it's see you later. I noticed that thread got shuffeled off into a corner and is still locked. Why not just delete it if you are not going to unlock it?

I don't think it was posted to provoke them. I read it as a complaint of the way they were posting. I agreed with the post although this is the first time I've said so.

The point is even if it was posted to provoke them they had the option of proving they had learned something and ignoring it. And if it offended them they also have/had an ignore feature.

Whatever, the real point is they were disrupting the board, and it wasn't the first time.

Would anyone mind telling me as to what was said in that thread? Just for curiosities sake.

I agree with Will Galen, Louisville Lip, Jermainiac, and EFX.

I feel like at times, Sassan, and JONeal7, posted fairly interesting things to start, but quickly turned their posts into personal attacks, when responding to criticism.

It's that standard thing of 'you can dish it out, but can't take it', and thinking everyone on the board is against them because they're young, and of the MTV generation, or whatever.

Plus the post he put about how everyone is mad, or a 'hater', cause they don't get wristbands, or courtside seats like he and Sassan do, or that everyone else is less of a fan, cause we don't worship Reggie and Ron.

This is a place for Pacers fans, and even fans of other teams, to have constructive conversations about the Pacers, and basketball in general, and just because most of us don't leave money for Reggie and Ron in the offering plate, doesn't mean we don't repect them as a player, and appreciate what Reggie has done for the franchise.

And I also agree with a post someone had earlier about how Sassan, and JONeal7 bascally get pissed, and act like anyone who doesn't agree with their viewpoints is wrong, a hater, or less of a fan, and that's complete B.S. Plus, they just act like they are better than everyone else with their dialogue. I guess the rest of us suck, cause we're not 'gangsta'.

I don't care one way or the other who is banned, or unbanned, cause I don't mod this board, but abington had every right to ask if someone could consolidate the posts that day, more or less, cause it looked like a bunch of elementary schoolers had posted about 10 of 14 topics that day, and didn't even bother to use the posted forum rules about where to post things of OT nature, or even close to proper grammar.

And it's not anything against their age, but it was their maturity level in some of their posts, and bashing of non Reggie and Ron worshippers, plus using the ever-annoying AOL IM style in every post, that made it hard on the eyes to read. OMG, I love ROnnie!!!!!!!!!LOLOLOL, - I mean, come on........

But, this is Hicks board, a few moderators, and Able's tech handling, so if he wants to make rules to keep things civil, then so be it, that doesn't make him a Nazi, it's not like he says you have to be 21 or older to post, he just asks for civility, and respect of others' opinions, and I don't think that's a whole hell of a lot to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen
    It's interesting that they got banned for responding in a thread that was posted to provoke them. They responded as the person who posted it knew they would and then it's see you later. I noticed that thread got shuffeled off into a corner and is still locked. Why not just delete it if you are not going to unlock it?
    Actually Soup saw some posts last night that I don't think many other people have. I don't think it's the thread you're thinking of. Sassan had PM'd me and we exchanged a couple of pms last night regarding one post in particular and left it at that. Today a different decision was made.

As far as JO7 goes, I more or less stopped dealing with him after having been painted as the big bad 'out to get him' person. This whining from people about how "people might say something about me and I'll get banned" or people just hating is a load of crap. The do's and don'ts are clearly stated in a thread that everyone should read and understand.

You and you alone are responsible for what is posted under your account and that is what you can and should control. What someone else has to say about you is of no consequence regarding that. There is a rules thread which I think is full of pretty reasonable, common sense-type stuff. If that's too much to digest, understand and try to follow then this might not be the right place for you.

There is a bit of leeway sometimes with enforcement but when you're a chronic offender you also should realize that there is no wiggle room. If that's a problem, you're welcome to a full refund.

Ken, I do agree that some people seem to go out of their way to respond to certain others negatively at all times or to try to provoke a response to get the other in trouble. I disagree with this and I'm tired of reading posts like that. There are a couple of people in particular who are guilty of this (or of going into PDDL and taunting or provoking there knowing that there was no way the other person could really respond). That's b.s. too and one should probably rethink things if you were planning on continuing.

People get second chances here. And in other cases, third, fourth, fifth, however many. xxxxxxxx has been back several times. I've been told that xxxxxxxxxx is back and it's not a secret. Others have been or are back now also. It would not have been an abuse for me to have banned Sassan myself last night without a reply to his PM or a warning or anything else. Given that this was supposed to be "his last chance", I did not want to jump the gun on anything. This was around 2:30, 3:00 am. Today, something different was decided and I don't think anyone (including myself) disagrees with that.

As far as terminating his acount, etc. goes, that looks like almost a copy & paste of something he sent before. The idea that myself or anyone else here is going to go around cleaning up the mess you've made in some of the threads here is laughable. To me that looks like another case of how something must go on and on and on instead of letting go. Now it will be "all I'm asking for is..." and because nobody will spend the energy to wipe your *** for you, you've been victimized. After all, you're not asking for much right? Is that how this goes? You have no right to ask for anything around here after all of the chances that you have been given.

If you can't tell, I'm slightly cranky. Coming on here and having to read about this rather than basketball for the umpteenth time does that. However, what I said about baiting or provoking others is true. If you enjoy being a person who provokes someone else then when they repsond in kind you say "look! get 'im!" you might just find yourself sinking on the same ship with that person you've been provoking. There has been way too much of this lately.

I would suggest that anyone who feels that someone is trying to provoke them in a sitatuation like that report the post instead of taking the bait. It's a lot easier to deal with at that point rather than later on.

EDIT -
    I've made an edit and removed a couple of names above as someone mentioned to me that those persons should not be stigmatized by any of this as they do not have anything to do with this and that's very true. My apologies as that was not my intention in bringing them up. I would appreciate it (and I'm sure others would too) if you could refrain from public speculation on the matter.

Did you ban ReggieMiller8325 too?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ya know, I believe that I, myself, throw the whole age thing right out the window. I have been one of the largest anti-Sassan and JO7 over the past week. However both are older than I am.

Ignorance and arrogance can not be hidden behind age.

Yes this is a privately run board. Hicks, Shade, and other admins completely control this board and this is why it is so good. It is the equivalent of newspaper editors making sure their journalists do not publish garbage. And if they do, they can be fired, or incense banned.

Some may ask "Who gets to decide what is garbage". Well by definition there is no criteria for this, however I equate this to freedom of speech on private property.

A landowner has the right and would most likely restrict someone from their property if they are giving hate speeches on it.

Well Hicks and others obviously, and justly so, deemed the type of posts being delivered by Sassan and JO7 as garbage which is their right.

It was a mistake to ever bring them back in the first place. They are gone now. We can finally move on with the high quality Pacer/NBA discussions that has made this board the envy of those who wish to join it and the pride of those who post on it.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"