Thread: Calbert Chaney thinks Dale Davis is a cool guy

Default Calbert Chaney thinks Dale Davis is a cool guy

Sorry for starting another thread, but this is a funny quote from Calbert Chaney.

He must think Dale's a cool guy

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/quotes_050311.html

WARRIORS FORWARD CALBERT CHEANEY

(On Dale Davis) "It was a lot of fun tonight. I was fortunate enough to be his teammate at Golden State for a while. He is just a great guy, a cool guy, the coolest guy youíll ever want to meet, just cool. With his laid-back attitude and personality, you just canít help but like the guy.Ē

Default Re: Calbert Chaney thinks Dale Davis is a cool guy

Why did you thunk the other thread should be deleted?

(giggle,giggle,snort)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why did you thunk the other thread should be deleted?

(giggle,giggle,snort)

I hate that you can't edit the thread title. I should just stop now and go to bed, I get a little lopey on Friday nights.

A lot of people get that way on Friday's but it's not Pacer related! As for editing the threads it gives the mods something to do.

As for the game I don't think the Pacer's need a backup point guard. When AJ is healthy he does a pretty good job. Seven assists tonight with no turnovers. Actually I think what it is he just plays better when the Pacers play small ball.

As for Dale, he needs to be resigned and I think he will be. Maybe he will talk Reg into playing another year.

Apparently AJ's in the top tier in the NBA as far as assists:turnover. Not too bad (3.30-1 or something)
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Buck, I thought you would post Dale's comment about Foster for sure.

"As far as Jeff Foster, I am finding it fun to play with him and he is a joy to be around. He had really developed and become a very important part of this basketball team."

Southside_Pacer

Calbert Cheaney, I remember him when I first started watching IU when I was pretty young. Those were the days of IU basketball.

WARRIORS NOTEBOOK
    Dale Davis back in comfort zone
    Janny Hu

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Indianapolis -- Funny how the NBA works.

Dale Davis didn't want to be with Golden State and the Warriors didn't need him. When they had a chance to acquire Baron Davis from New Orleans, they happily shipped Dale Davis to the Hornets, who, as it turned out, didn't need him either.

The Hornets bought out his contract and released him. Davis signed with Indiana at 2 p.m. on March 4 and five hours later started his first game for the Pacers.

Now it's hard to tell who needs Davis more: the Warriors or the Pacers.

Entering Friday's game, Dale Davis was averaging more minutes per game (29.7) with his new team than Baron Davis (28.3). The veteran center has become a fixture in Indiana's starting lineup with Jermaine O'Neal sidelined indefinitely by a sprained right shoulder.

He remains beloved by Pacers fans, whom he wooed during his first nine NBA seasons. When Davis returned home as a Pacer for the first time since 2000 on Friday, he received by far the most applause during lineup introductions.

"It's almost like I never left," Davis said. "When you get that kind of welcome ... for me, I hadn't really played a lot of basketball in the last year and a half, two years. It's just a good feeling to know that people out there still want you and still support you."

Davis has started six games and is averaging about five points and nine rebounds. He had eight points and seven rebounds against his old team Friday. Before the game, Davis said his main concern was helping eighth-place Indiana move up in the playoff standings.

"He gives us an experienced, big-time presence on the boards and around the basket," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said. "He's never been known as a real scorer, but I've always felt he's an underrated offensive player because he has a great feel for the game. ... He's been a major factor in a very short period of time."

Briefly: Jason Richardson said he is looking forward to his Sunday appearance on "Dream Job," which airs at 7 p.m. on ESPN. Richardson will be interviewed by one of the former NBA players who are vying for a full-time job as an ESPN/NBA analyst. But contestant beware: Richardson plans to make the interviewer sweat.

Page D - 5

Sports Logo

Man its good to have Dale back I cant wait to see a lineup of

Tins
    Jack
    Ron
    Jermaine
    Dale

I think that would be the best defensive lineup we have put on the floor. EVER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar

Tins
    Jack
    Ron
    Jermaine
    Dale

I think that would be the best defensive lineup we have put on the floor. EVER!!!!
    Put Fred in at point and I'll agree.

My wife went to high school with Calbert. She said he used to sit behind her in one of her classes and accidnetly kick her chair all the time because his legs were so long.

But she said he was a genuinely very nice guy. He seems to be a good role player, its just sad he's had to be on so many teams and hasn't found a good home yet...

Tins
    Jack
    Ron
    Jermaine
    Dale

And with Fred and Jeff coming off the bench, the defense won't suffer

Sports Logo

Will Fred is a better defender than Jamaal but not by much. Jamaal's offense is so much better that the very slight drop off in D is well worth it. But I would want to see Fred as the backup pg so that there would not be as much of a defensive and offensive drop off as there is with AJ.

U.B. you are right our 6th and 7th men would not be a huge drop off in D. Add to that JJ who is a pretty decent defender. Moving Fred over to the point would allow JJ to back up Jack at the 2 and Ron at the 3 giving him quality pt.

So the depth chart would be something like

Tinsley/Jones/Ham Sandwich
    Jack/F.J./J.J
    Ron/J.J.
    Jermaine/David/Cro
    Dale/Jeff

Cro is by far the worst defender of the buch. He is a little better than Ham Sandwich but not by much. But clearly Jermaine plays most of the game anyway. Add to that Harrison possibly getting more and more pt and our D is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron
    My wife went to high school with Calbert. She said he used to sit behind her in one of her classes and accidnetly kick her chair all the time because his legs were so long.

But she said he was a genuinely very nice guy. He seems to be a good role player, its just sad he's had to be on so many teams and hasn't found a good home yet...
    Honestly, I don't think Calbert really found a place in the NBA until he went to Utah and played for Sloan. Since then, he seems to have accepted his limitations and been a professional about the game.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So the depth chart would be something like

Tinsley/Jones/Ham Sandwich
    Jack/F.J./J.J
    Ron/J.J.
    Jermaine/David/Cro
    Dale/Jeff
    It sucks that we're already looking to "next year"......