Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

  1. #1
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,063

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    gotta pin that one on larry. we had the game in hand, and his crybaby *** turned the momentum with a dumb technical.

    He's just lucky we didn't lose by 1. I'd be waiting outside roundball 1 with a shotgun after the return flight....

    you rarely see coaches self-destruct like that, especially a HOF coach.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Boston wins, 115-113.

    They've been a roll since they got Toine back, although he wasn't much of a factor tonight.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Question: I've only looked at the boxscore, was this in Boston or Detroit?

  4. #4
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,063

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry Kstat, I missed your post.

    Yeah, I was surprised to see him go off like that.
    Yeah, it was clear larry cared more about his ego than winning the game at that point. Then again, the players didn't care much either until boston started rubbing it in our faces.

    The crappy thing is, the pistons showed ZERO interest again until they were down 7 with 2 minutes left.

    Its going to be a really BORING last 20 games.......

    Could someone please make up a few games on us, and force us to play for SOMETHING? I don't even bother to tune in anymore till the 4th qtr.....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  5. #5
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,063

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Huxtable
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Question: I've only looked at the boxscore, was this in Boston or Detroit?
    If it was in detroit, this game would have been over by halftime.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  6. #6
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    That was a bad call especially after it looked like Prince was fouled at the other end. If they call that one the Pistons go up 5 and win the game

  7. #7
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,063

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was a bad call especially after it looked like Prince was fouled at the other end. If they call that one the Pistons go up 5 and win the game

    It was a bad call, but that's not the point.

    We would have had the lead, even WITH the free throws.

    But NO, larry brown just HAD to open his big yeap and lose us the rest of our lead.....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  8. #8
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,063

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really want to see how the team responds come playoff time.

    I mean, the Lakers could do that "on" "off" BS, but I really have to wonder if the Pistons can play that style of basketball.

    As it is now, there only competetion will be the Heat come playoff time, but if they let teams hang with them, I could see where a team might get a chance at a upset.

    Oh, we're been throwing the switch on and off all freaking season long. We coast until we're threatened, and then when we're safe we decide to coast again. Its irritating as ****.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,177

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really want to see how the team responds come playoff time.

    I mean, the Lakers could do that "on" "off" BS, but I really have to wonder if the Pistons can play that style of basketball.

    As it is now, there only competetion will be the Heat come playoff time, but if they let teams hang with them, I could see where a team might get a chance at a upset.
    The Bucks did that last year, pasting the Pistons at home in Game 2 (until the last 3 minutes). They came back and won 3 games relatively convincingly.

    That said, I hate the "on" "off" stuff. Honestly, the only team I could see the Pistons sweeping is the Pacers. Now, don't take this the wrong way. I'm not saying the Pacers are bad. But the Pistons respect the Pacers a lot, no matter whose on their roster, so there's no chance in the playoffs that they will lose focus. If the Pistons play anyone else (Bulls, Magic, even Philly), they will win a game they have no business winning, and probably convincingly.

  10. #10
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,063

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Bucks did that last year, pasting the Pistons at home in Game 2 (until the last 3 minutes). They came back and won 3 games relatively convincingly.

    That said, I hate the "on" "off" stuff. Honestly, the only team I could see the Pistons sweeping is the Pacers. Now, don't take this the wrong way. I'm not saying the Pacers are bad. But the Pistons respect the Pacers a lot, no matter whose on their roster, so there's no chance in the playoffs that they will lose focus. If the Pistons play anyone else (Bulls, Magic, even Philly), they will win a game they have no business winning, and probably convincingly.
    The Pistons are all right at home. They get booed off the court when they don't play inspired, so they usually do.

    Its on the freaking road when they mail it in. Every team they play celebrates like they just won the NBA title when they beat them. Heck, Boston was ahead after THREE quarters, and I was half-expecting to see a banner going up....if we had played with the same intensity from the beginning, it never would have come down to 2 overtimes.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,177

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember that game, hell, I remember that series.

    But I was not refering to a game, I was refering to a series.

    The ball doesnt bounce your way once or twice, and your just stuck out in the cold (thats what she said.....)

    I hate this time of year, I want the real NBA season to start (and the Pacers to be in it, as well)
    Pistons seem to like to make it hard on themselves. Shoot, in the ECF they had a chance to go up 3-1 and put a stranglehold on the series.

    What happens? The Pacers whip them, easily the most dominating performance in that series. Pistons were never in that game.

    It's really frustrating as a fan.

  12. #12
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,063

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pistons seem to like to make it hard on themselves. Shoot, in the ECF they had a chance to go up 3-1 and put a stranglehold on the series.

    What happens? The Pacers whip them, easily the most dominating performance in that series. Pistons were never in that game.

    It's really frustrating as a fan.
    I assume it had to be WORSE for the team that WON game 4, to come home tied 2-2 and **** the homecourt advantage away in game 5 with an equally bad loss.....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,177

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I assume it had to be WORSE for the team that WON game 4, to come home tied 2-2 and **** the homecourt advantage away in game 5 with an equally bad loss.....


    I was thinking that right after I posted it. Frustrating for them too, I'm sure.

  14. #14
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    No ****, Sherlock(s)

  15. #15
    XXSASSXX31
    Guest

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, it was clear larry cared more about his ego than winning the game at that point. Then again, the players didn't care much either until boston started rubbing it in our faces.

    The crappy thing is, the pistons showed ZERO interest again until they were down 7 with 2 minutes left.

    Its going to be a really BORING last 20 games.......

    Could someone please make up a few games on us, and force us to play for SOMETHING? I don't even bother to tune in anymore till the 4th qtr.....

    HAHAHAHA Everytime Pisssssstons get their A$$es kicked, they didn't "care" or "try" or it's "Larry Brown's fault". I love the excuses, it's comical! The Pistons are just not that good of a team. They are the only championship team in recent years that teams just do not fear when they play them.

  16. #16
    XXSASSXX31
    Guest

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I assume it had to be WORSE for the team that WON game 4, to come home tied 2-2 and **** the homecourt advantage away in game 5 with an equally bad loss.....
    I love the excuses once again. I like to make an excuse myself which is much more legitimate than the ones you make which are comical. Jermaine and Tinsley barely could walk on the court after game 4. Give me a break. Pistons were the luckiest champions in recent years. Every round they played, their opponents had major injuries.

  17. #17
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,063

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    I have no idea what he said, but I assume there is a pic of homer simpson attached.....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  18. #18
    XXSASSXX31
    Guest

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no idea what he said, but I assume there is a pic of homer simpson attached.....
    HAHAHAHAA. KSTAT loves excuses to make himself feel happy and when I make very legitimate points he likes to ignore them because I am the only one who lets him know the truth. I am willing to bet $5000 the Pistons will not repeat as NBA Champions this year and i'm serious. Pistons just don't scare me. With Ron Artest & Co. we are clearly a dominant team to Detroit. Without him...it will be a very tight series but I believe our heart can take us over the top if we faced them in the 1st round and we would give it our all like it's an NBA Finals game....and to be honest, I wouldn't mind losing in the 2nd round after beating Detroit.

  19. #19
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Quote Originally Posted by XXSASSXX31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HAHAHAHAA. KSTAT loves excuses to make himself feel happy and when I make very legitimate points he likes to ignore them because I am the only one who lets him know the truth. I am willing to bet $5000 the Pistons will not repeat as NBA Champions this year and i'm serious. Pistons just don't scare me. With Ron Artest & Co. we are clearly a dominant team to Detroit. Without him...it will be a very tight series but I believe our heart can take us over the top if we faced them in the 1st round and we would give it our all like it's an NBA Finals game....and to be honest, I wouldn't mind losing in the 2nd round after beating Detroit.
    You just don't get it, do you. Making bets and claiming unproven facts such as "the pistons are the luckiest championship team ever" are not raising legitimate points.

    Oh and I fully expect to be called a "hater" "Piston fan" or someone who just can't handle the truth.

    Save it. Don't waste your self proclaimed precious time.

    You are like a CD thats stuck on repeat. We get it.

    (Cue ridiculous hater/cant handle the truth post)
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  20. #20
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,063

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You just don't get it, do you. Making bets and claiming unproven facts such as "the pistons are the luckiest championship team ever" are not raising legitimate points.

    Oh and I fully expect to be called a "hater" "Piston fan" or someone who just can't handle the truth.

    Save it. Don't waste your self proclaimed precious time.

    You are like a CD thats stuck on repeat. We get it.

    (Cue ridiculous hater/cant handle the truth post)
    Does he get yet that I can't read a single thing he says?

    Scuse me while I go polish #3.....you know, the one that says "luckiest team ever." Think I care? There's a saying....."better lucky than good."

    I could care less how this season turns out. 2004 gave me enough memories to last ANOTHER 15 years.

    If the pacers won the NBA title this year, on 16 straight lucky buzzer-beaters, nobody here would care. Anytbody here who says otherwise is a 2-faced hypocrite.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  21. #21
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    He doesn't care. Unfortunately I gave him exactly what he wanted, someone to argue with. This kid is diluted on a whole new level.

    One day in the future psychologists will name a new form of dementia a "Sassan".

    Generally my favorite part of his posts are when he tells us how smart and successful he is. Always a sign of class.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  22. #22
    XXSASSXX31
    Guest

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You just don't get it, do you. Making bets and claiming unproven facts such as "the pistons are the luckiest championship team ever" are not raising legitimate points.

    Oh and I fully expect to be called a "hater" "Piston fan" or someone who just can't handle the truth.

    Save it. Don't waste your self proclaimed precious time.

    You are like a CD thats stuck on repeat. We get it.

    (Cue ridiculous hater/cant handle the truth post)

    Do you really think you are speaking for Pacers Digest here? Give me a break. I may have a few haters on here who don't like me but at least I stand up for what I believe in and am actually someone who is very enthusiastic and supportive of the team. They are great people and that is how I feel and how a lot of Pacer fans feel. I don't want to blame my players when something unfair has been done to them by the league because of the wrong reasons. Do you want the forum to go back to the days when everyday something very negative is being said about our players? Grow up, and allow free expression; so don't complain when I say "we" when you say it yourself but even this forum's online poll has shown how many Pacer digest posters and lurkers don't support your claim at all in all aspects. Just look at your signature.

  23. #23
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Quote Originally Posted by XXSASSXX31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you really think you are speaking for Pacers Digest here? Give me a break. I may have a few haters on here who don't like me but at least I stand up for what I believe in and am actually someone who is very enthusiastic and supportive of the team. They are great people and that is how I feel and how a lot of Pacer fans feel. I don't want to blame my players when something unfair has been done to them by the league because of the wrong reasons. Do you want the forum to go back to the days when everyday something very negative is being said about our players? Grow up, and allow free expression; so don't complain when I say "we" when you say it yourself but even this forum's online poll has shown how many Pacer digest posters and lurkers don't support your claim at all in all aspects. Just look at your signature.


    Gosh, I feel like I've read this before....
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  24. #24
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Quote Originally Posted by XXSASSXX31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you really think you are speaking for Pacers Digest here? Give me a break.
    More than you realize.

    I may have a few haters on here who don't like me but at least I stand up for what I believe in and am actually someone who is very enthusiastic and supportive of the team.
    [/quote]

    You enthusiastically make half-thoughtout posts, and over-the-top bashes of another team. Taking jabs is one thing, but frankly you look dumb the way you do it. That's part of what DD (and he's far from alone if you don't know that) are talking about.

    Do you want the forum to go back to the days when everyday something very negative is being said about our players? Grow up, and allow free expression; so don't complain when I say "we" when you say it yourself but even this forum's online poll has shown how many Pacer digest posters and lurkers don't support your claim at all in all aspects. Just look at your signature.
    You have no clue. We've all been trying privately to talk with you, and while you've made an effort (an appreciated one) to improve, this is the part where you just. Don't. Get it.

    If anyone on PD that reads this (although I'm sure most already have decided not to touch this thread because of some of what's already been posted) wants to take a try at explaining it to him (nicely), go right ahead, but I've tried before and I officially give up. You don't get it when I try to explain it, btown couldn't explain it, kerosene couldn't explain it, and you obviously don't believe DD. Maybe some kind soul on here will take a try because I am done. I could write it 20 times 20 different ways and I don't think you'd understand the root of the problem.

  25. #25
    SjA3837
    Guest

    Default Re: Pistons Celtics now in double OT

    Quote Originally Posted by XXSASSXX31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HAHAHAHA Everytime Pisssssstons get their A$$es kicked, they didn't "care" or "try" or it's "Larry Brown's fault". I love the excuses, it's comical! The Pistons are just not that good of a team. They are the only championship team in recent years that teams just do not fear when they play them.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXSASSXX31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love the excuses once again. I like to make an excuse myself which is much more legitimate than the ones you make which are comical. Jermaine and Tinsley barely could walk on the court after game 4. Give me a break. Pistons were the luckiest champions in recent years. Every round they played, their opponents had major injuries.
    I actually agree with parts of that...

    It bugs me when people use the excuse of "we're just not trying". That alone is something you don't want your players doing.

    If you're going to say "we're just not trying", I could just say you're players aren't good enough to play a full season; or playoff series.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •