Thread: Well, I guess my story was B.S.....

Cool Well, I guess my story was B.S.....

No one was more diappointed than I when nothing was announced and tonight's game came and went with no sign of Ronnie.

I guess my encounter with the former Pacemate turned out to kick me in the crotch (sorry for the visual that probably left). Maybe I wanted to believe a little too much. I still believe she was a former Pacemate and that she thought she was telling me the truth...Either that or she was on her way to the Poker Shootout in Vegas with that bull*****ting ability.

Sorry if I helped fuel the 'Ron's possible return' fire but I had to relate the story when I heard it! Besides, it was so outrageous I had to post it and it got me posting on here regularly, so it was worth it!!

BTW, I also went to the game with the wife and kids....TONS of fun dragging the 4 & 3 year old hooligans around, doing all the cliche stuff....Kids got their faces painted, got custom ballons, Boomer sat on my son and hugged my daughter....Of course, I had gone to get the grub when he showed up...my wife got a couple good pictures and I got around 500 more with the zoom lens....I will try to work on a URL with decent sized pics that I can post....I've got a few free URL's that I can UL about 25 megs each...I'll try to keep them simple and have something posted tomorrow...Will post the URL here when I get it all done!!

Hope everyone else who was at the game enjoyed it as much as we did...I kept my unbeaten streak alive!! Lost count of how many games I've been to, but I gotta reiterate that I've seen the Pacers live about 20 times at MSA, Ball State, and Conseco and never seen them lose.........

I'm tellin' ya, if any Pacers are listening, I'm the rabbit's foot!!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Well, I guess my story was B.S.....

a witch! burn him!

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Yeah, KStat...I'm trying to come up with the means to go to the game at Detroit.....Unfortunately, I'd be scared to wear Pacers gear there!!! Maybe wear my Reggie jersey under a plain sweatshirt and put a pastie over the Pacers logo on my hat......What do you think?!

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, KStat...I'm trying to come up with the means to go to the game at Detroit.....Unfortunately, I'd be scared to wear Pacers gear there!!! Maybe wear my Reggie jersey under a plain sweatshirt and put a pastie over the Pacers logo on my hat......What do you think?!
    Just wear the damn jersey. I wore mine into Conseco and I was proud of it.

I don't even think anybody is going to care enough about the pacers to boo them at that point......not to mention security for that game is OBVIOUSLY going to be jacked up....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Just wear the damn jersey. I wore mine into Conseco and I was proud of it.

I don't even think anybody is going to care enough about the pacers to boo them at that point......not to mention security for that game is OBVIOUSLY going to be jacked up....
    As I mentioned in another thread, it's not inside the Palace that worries me. It's more or less outside, in the parking lot on my way in and after the game (where drunkeness is at a peak point)...that's where I always have experienced the worst treatment.

Only Pacers thing I'm wearing is my new "Go Pacers" rubber bracelet...courtesy of ABADays

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    As I mentioned in another thread, it's not inside the Palace that worries me. It's more or less outside, in the parking lot on my way in and after the game (where drunkeness is at a peak point)...that's where I always have experienced the worst treatment.

Only Pacers thing I'm wearing is my new "Go Pacers" rubber bracelet...courtesy of ABADays
    Yeah, the palace is a unique layout, one of the few arenas with its own parking lot, out in the open....lots of crap goes on there, not just with opposing fans.

Most NBA arena lots are separated, but the palace parking lot, everybody is all bunched together.

Again, I sincerely doubt anybody will care enough about the pacers at that point to really get out of hand.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Yeah, the palace is a unique layout, one of the few arenas with its own parking lot, out in the open....lots of crap goes on there, not just with opposing fans.

Most NBA arena lots are separated, but the palace parking lot, everybody is all bunched together.

Again, I sincerely doubt anybody will care enough about the pacers at that point to really get out of hand.
    Again, all I know is that before the brawl, for the many years I've been attending Pacer games at the Palace, they seemed to care. Now, in the post-brawl era, I just don't want to give those certain people a reason to act in similar, or even worse manner. I don't want to know what they would do............and for that matter, I don't want to know what I'd do.

Yeah, wasn't at all trying to really disparage Motown....I would be a little tense in the parking lot, but otherwise I would feel fine....The Detroit Pistons are one of the best all around franchises in sports.

I know that's ESPN's opinion, and they also have Pacers in the top 10, but that's been my opinion for years. I loved the Bad Boys era (although not as much as Indiana), and liked Isiah until he bankrupted the CBA, then had the reign of terror with the Pacers...Glad to see his work moved on to the Knicks!!

That franchise needs to wallow in he!! for all eternity....

I would cherish a ring won going through Motown at full strength versus full strength just a little more than not having to.........

Yeah, wasn't at all trying to really disparage Motown....I would be a little tense in the parking lot, but otherwise I would feel fine....The Detroit Pistons are one of the best all around franchises in sports.

I know that's ESPN's opinion, and they also have Pacers in the top 10, but that's been my opinion for years. I loved the Bad Boys era (although not as much as Indiana), and liked Isiah until he bankrupted the CBA, then had the reign of terror with the Pacers...Glad to see his work moved on to the Knicks!!

That franchise needs to wallow in he!! for all eternity....

I would cherish a ring won going through Motown at full strength versus full strength just a little more than not having to.........
    Oh, I know. I never thought otherise.

I've been going to pistons games since I was a child, and never really saw anything I'd consider life-threatening behavior between fans. I understand some people have different stories, I just don't see it a lot. We aim to make opposing fans uncomfortable, justa s we would opposing players. But there's a line most of us don't cross.

WTF are you talkin' about? Not to quote DeNiro but "Are You Talkin' To ME?" I'm so confused by that post, I don't know if you were talking to me, and even if you were, what you even mean by it....Should I be pissed or say thanks?!

Quote Originally Posted by XXSASSXX31
    WOW, you told a forum this because you wanted to feel good about yourself about an online forum....oh my goodness, if you have to lie about such a big matter, then you don't have a life. You ruin the reputation of those with good names. Yes, you U.B.
    I applaud the decision to let this guy back on the main forum.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    I applaud the decision to let this guy back on the main forum.
    Where was that written? I don't even see it.

SjA3837

Me neither.

Mood

Able, don't worry about it.

Mood

Participate in the thread, not the deletions, they are not contributing
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

OL that'n oops ?
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by able
    OL that'n oops ?
    It's ok.

Sports Logo

I like the just delete and move on feature you guys have instituted. That way when someone goes over the top you guys can just remove the offending post. Kudos.

I agree with Ragnar....for those who don't know, my last post on this thread was directed at a now deleted post....

Sports Logo

I agree with Ragnar....for those who don't know, my last post on this thread was directed at a now deleted post....
    You mean this post? Or the next to last post. Or if you respond to this one it would be the post two from the last.

Sorry just having some fun

yeah, it gets kind of complicated when people don't play nice!! So much easier when everyone is NOT an A$$....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No one was more diappointed than I when nothing was announced and tonight's game came and went with no sign of Ronnie.

I guess my encounter with the former Pacemate turned out to kick me in the crotch (sorry for the visual that probably left). Maybe I wanted to believe a little too much. I still believe she was a former Pacemate and that she thought she was telling me the truth...Either that or she was on her way to the Poker Shootout in Vegas with that bull*****ting ability.
    My prediction for Ron's return was March 16th, but now, with Tinsley's ongoing injury and Jermaine's new injury, I don't see Artest coming back. It's just gotten to the point of "what's the point?".

:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is a very confusing thread.