Thread: If anything we can learn from this year, it's that we have terrific coaching

Default If we can learn anything from this year, it's that we have terrific coaching

With all of the crap that we have had to go through, and all of the injuries and suspensions, we are still in playoff shape. You cannot say enough about how well this coaching staff has done. I mean, as of today, we are tied for 7th in the east (as Orlando loses).

3 cheers for this staff!
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Default Re: If anything we can learn from this year, it's that we have terrific coaching

Yup Rick,Mike Brown,KO and all the other guys have been doing a great job, if this happend to many other teams they would fall apart and be in the lottery, I'm really happy that we have one of the best coaches in the NBA.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: If anything we can learn from this year, it's that we have terrific coaching

Yeah, I agree. I am glad we have Rick&Mike&Co. Any other team would probably not be in the playoffs with all the crap we have gone through.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

XXSASSXX31

I love Rick Carlisle. Any other team in a situation like ours with suspensions/injuries etc. would be no where near the playoffs but we have the #7 seed now. I'm proud of our guys and our coaching staff.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Aggreed! Good thing is Orlando, Chicago and even Cleveland and the Wizards are still very close to us in the rankings. Most have a few games played less and one or two wins more, but take Washington for instance, they are doing bad over there now, going 3-7 over the last 10, same as Cleveland, while Orlando is 4-6.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

They do deserve a ton of credit.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but if you believe Larry Bird is true to his word, next year, Rick Carlisle will be coaching his last year with the Pacers. Larry said 3 years and that is it. Does anybody really believe this will happen?

As successful as Rick has been, this year could well go down as one of the best jobs he has or will ever do.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Rick will coach this team for many more years, it would be stupid as hell just to let the guy go after next year.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

He's doing great when his best players are out at keeping the team competitive.

How quickly everyone is forgetting Michael Curry; the force-it-into-JO-every play offense; the struggles in February re-integrating SJax to the rotation; the frustrating disappearance of David Harrison; etc.

Just trying to keep it objective, though I'm sure someone will be on here soon to call me a "hater".
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204

How quickly everyone is forgetting Michael Curry; the force-it-into-JO-every play offense; the struggles in February re-integrating SJax to the rotation; the frustrating disappearance of David Harrison; etc.

Just trying to keep it objective, though I'm sure someone will be on here soon to call me a "hater".
    Hater
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Yep, that was quick.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Yep, that was quick.

I speak from the heart

You've been extremely negative lately.

Jay's dead on with his criticisms, but as someone who didn't like Rick's hiring from the beginning, he's gone a long way this year to convince me otherwise. That said, part of me still feels Mike Brown deserves most of the credit and we'll fall apart if/when he gets a head job. (Yep, that was just for you, Rat. No pictures, please. )
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!