Thread: Chicago rumors re: Edge

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Chicago rumors re: Edge

Radio has reported Colts and Bears trying to work out a deal for Edgerrin James. FWIW.

I could see it working out

lets hope we either get a backer or at LEAST 2 second round picks. Could be a Marshall Faulk-like trade.

Default Re: Chicago rumors re: Edge

(1) Was it ESPN 1000 or the Score?

(2) Did it just mention the Bears as a possible desination, or did it say something is in the works?

I know his agent has been making the rounds, and Chicago is one of 5 or 6 teams he is listing as possibilities.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm a Bears fan, and when I heard Edge was available for a 2nd rounder, I thought the Bears would be a good fit, especially considering the Bears have an early 2nd rounder.

I was thinking Safety Mike Brown and 2 2nd rounders (1 this year & next) for Edge and a 4th rounder this year. Don't know if that'd be a good deal or not.

Brown's a former all-pro safety and the Colts need help in the secondary. The Bears could then draft Braylon Edwards in the 1st round. They desperately need help on offense. They were like the bizarro Colts last season.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm a Bears fan, and when I heard Edge was available for a 2nd rounder, I thought the Bears would be a good fit, especially considering the Bears have an early 2nd rounder.

I was thinking Safety Mike Brown and 2 2nd rounders (1 this year & next) for Edge and a 4th rounder this year. Don't know if that'd be a good deal or not.

Brown's a former all-pro safety and the Colts need help in the secondary. The Bears could then draft Braylon Edwards in the 1st round. They desperately need help on offense. They were like the bizarro Colts last season.
    I don't know that Brown is a good fit. The Colts seem to like Doss and Sanders at safety, and even though Brown was hurt last year, the Bears LOVE him and consider him their heart and soul on defense.

I think a deal is possible though since the Bears have a very good defense but need offensive help, and the Colts are just the opposite. Maybe a deal involving some combo of Peanut Tillman/Jerry Azumah/Lance Briggs/draft picks would be good for both teams.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by btownpacer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not another Faulk trade?

That's about all we're going to get.

This is not a market for running backs. Particularly ones with lots of miles demanding enormous contracts. The draft is too deep, and there are very few teams really in need of a back. Why pour 7 million a year into a running back with 6 years of work on his legs, plus a 20 million signing bonus, when you can take on in the 2nd or 3rd round who could be just as good?
    Or when you can take one in the top 4 (Benson, Brown, Williams) like the Bears can? I really need to brush up on my football.