Thread: FIRE the MEDICAL STAFF!

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default FIRE the MEDICAL STAFF!

OK - look at this list and see if you notice a trend:

BENDER - on the mend - will be back in a few games - really - well, maybe not - ???

TINSLEY - will be back in a couple days - well, maybe not - ???

FOSTER and POLLARD - will be back in a few games - well, maybe not - ???

JO - will be back in a few games - well, maybe not - ???

Commentary:

There's some very serious miscommunication happening here between the Medical staff, the coaches and the media. Every injury is a "I hope but I don't know" situation. I've had very bizarre injuries in the past, and I have to tell you that the staff I went to DID know. They knew very well what my chances were and how long it would take to recover. I understood the situation down to the little pinched nerve, the slightest mis-alignment.

As I look over this season, it seems that the only times the Med Staff got a diagnosis right - and correctly projected a player's return date, were AJ's and Miller's broken hands. Foster's hip is a close second, but seeing his reduced elevation makes me wonder if the staff made the right call with him.

Everyone's talking about cleaning house with the players. If I were management, the first department to go would be the med staff. They would then be followed by the strength and conditioning coaches/staff for all the bad backs and tweaked muscles.

OK, I just had to get this off my chest.

Default Re: FIRE the MEDICAL STAFF!

To blame this on the med staff is silly, we are just having an off-season. It happens. Last year we were nearly injury-free, except for the end and Artest's hand.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Perhaps I'm just mad that I seem to be fed BS on a consistent basis? I'm blaming it on the Med Staff, but I guess there are other options.

Maybe it's not the Med Staff feeding BS, it's the coaches and management?

Maybe the coaches and management are just repeating what they hear from the Med Staff? Maybe they are witholding information because they don't want to dissapoint the fans? Maybe they want the opposing teams to always second guess what linup they'll be up against, so they cannot prepare as well? Or maybe the Med Staff just really doesn't know what's going on with the 15 men they are hired to take care of.

Whatever's going on , IT STINKS. "We hope to have him back in a couple of games" goes right up there with "I never say never" in the phrases-I-could-do-without-this-season pantheon.

I needed to sound off here, as I'm a little fed up today.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK - look at this list and see if you notice a trend:

BENDER - on the mend - will be back in a few games - really - well, maybe not - ???

TINSLEY - will be back in a couple days - well, maybe not - ???

FOSTER and POLLARD - will be back in a few games - well, maybe not - ???

JO - will be back in a few games - well, maybe not - ???

Commentary:

There's some very serious miscommunication happening here between the Medical staff, the coaches and the media. Every injury is a "I hope but I don't know" situation. I've had very bizarre injuries in the past, and I have to tell you that the staff I went to DID know. They knew very well what my chances were and how long it would take to recover. I understood the situation down to the little pinched nerve, the slightest mis-alignment.

As I look over this season, it seems that the only times the Med Staff got a diagnosis right - and correctly projected a player's return date, were AJ's and Miller's broken hands. Foster's hip is a close second, but seeing his reduced elevation makes me wonder if the staff made the right call with him.

Everyone's talking about cleaning house with the players. If I were management, the first department to go would be the med staff. They would then be followed by the strength and conditioning coaches/staff for all the bad backs and tweaked muscles.

OK, I just had to get this off my chest.

I am not sure there is a communication problem. Have we really heard the Medical Staff make a statement or are we reading what the Media and Coaching Staff are saying.

I have had a few injuries and have had surgery 3 times. My Doctors have made their recovery time prognosis in terms of weeks and months, not days or games. I find it hard to believe any decent doctor would try to predict, soon after the injury, when anyone would be healed enough to play basketball.

I think the Media would ask if a player could be back in a few days and if the doctor is non-committal, then they run with the story, just for print.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for moving this! (seriously)

I gotta tell ya - I have some concern about our medical staff too.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.