Thread: we have to take care of business tonight...

Default we have to take care of business tonight...

we have to beat the lesser teams now. We can beat golden state...Then cleveland...might be a loss, but then we got utah who we all know is very beatable esp. on our home floor. Then we got the lakers which might be a loss. But then back 2 back games against a nets team that isn't very good outside of kidd and carter...(Who else do they have?) Then the spurs which we will probably lose. Then I think the defining trip of the season. 3 game road trip with detroit (must win) chicago and millwaukee. Have to win those games if we want playoffs. Miami at home...we have proven we can beat miami so that should be a win. HAVE TO HAVE A STRONG MONTH
    GO PACERS!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: we have to take care of business tonight...

I hope you're right, because I believe after that stretch it gets much tougher, doesn't it?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Do the Warriors have to buy tickets to the game when they go to the opponents arena?

uh...yeah, lol... I doubt people will even want to show up for this one. I smell blowout...(hopefully) but they did go into philly and knock them off...
    but who cares...they got mr tissue! haha aka webber..

They also got a resurgent Baron Davis. But yeah, I don't see why the Pacers couldn't beat them.

Detroit had their hands full with GS until the final seconds the other night.... and that was with J.Richardson going something like 3-20 from the field... This game is by no means a sure thing.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Golden State is a MUCH better team with Baron.

If the season re-started at the trade deadline, GS would be a #7 seed in thre west.

They went into minnesota and philly and demolished both teams. Take out the 2 close losses to the pistons, and they're playing .800 ball.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

XXSASSXX31

The only thing is the Pistons aren't a very good team so playing close with Detroit doesn't mean much.

I wouldn't go as far to say they aren't a good team (Detroit) just because they are disliked here - the stats don't lie.

Also, I do NOT think we will blow GS out, although we can possibly still get a win. GS has been playing a lot better after obtaining Davis (Baron), even if they haven't been winning all of their games.

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't go as far to say they aren't a good team (Detroit) just because they are disliked here - the stats don't lie.

Also, I do NOT think we will blow GS out, although we can possibly still get a win. GS has been playing a lot better after obtaining Davis (Baron), even if they haven't been winning all of their games.
    They really aren't...they have lost to all the good teams this year and have had a fairly easy schedule. Detroit will not repeat this season.

Who said we weren't a good team?

Oh, nvm, must have been the guy i blocked.

Hey BTown, do you still have that huge picture of homer simpson lying around, or was that somebody else?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Uh, Detroit is a very good team. This is not going to be an easy game.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by XXSASSXX31
    They really aren't...they have lost to all the good teams this year and have had a fairly easy schedule. Detroit will not repeat this season.
    Everyone pretty much has the same schedule....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by XXSASSXX31
    They had a slow first half of the season, but they have picked their game up as of late. Detroit is playing just like they were this time last year, and now they have McDyess to make significant contributions at various times along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    Everyone pretty much has the same schedule....

Well, we had some early games against Valporaiso, Florida A&M, Yale and IU, so that's bound to kill our RPI come tournament time.....

XXSASSXX31

They had a slow first half of the season, but they have picked their game up as of late. Detroit is playing just like they were this time last year, and now they have McDyess to make significant contributions at various times along the way.
    Not really, we would be clearly ahead of them if it wasn't for their punk fans on 11/19. Detroit has had an easy schedule and has tough games ahead. They have lost to all the Elite teams and had a winning streak against the sub-par teams lately. Detroit is not a team I fear and if we played them in the first round, we would win in 6.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Hey BTown, do you still have that huge picture of homer simpson lying around, or was that somebody else?
    I'm partial to Homer's x-ray:

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat

Well, we had some early games against Valporaiso, Florida A&M, Yale and IU, so that's bound to kill our RPI come tournament time.....
    Now, the games against Illinois and Wake shouldn't hurt, but we played them AS WELL AS UNC, Duke, and BC, so we are the better team, and we will beat you in 6 if we meet in the first round

I'm not trying to be negative here, but considering our current lineup's talent level, how can we consider ourselves that much better than the Lakers, Utahs, and Golden States of the league? I wouldn't rate us much higher than those teams. We don't even have an all-star caliber player playing now. Can we play with and beat those teams? Of course. Should they be seen as teams we should expect to beat? I don't think so.

As for Detroit, anyone that doesn't think they are good is fooling themselves. They are one of 7 teams with a winning record on the road, which I feel is a good showing of how a team is performing.

As for our record, outside of injuries, our team only has themselves to blame for that. I am so tired of hearing people blame everyone but the person at fault for said person's actions. I get this crap from parents and students at school all of the time. "I wasn't my fault I hit him, he looked at me weird!" or even better, "I don't know why I did it, I just felt like it." Ron, Jax, and J.O. all had the ability to control their actions, and did not.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman
    Detroit had their hands full with GS until the final seconds the other night.... and that was with J.Richardson going something like 3-20 from the field... This game is by no means a sure thing.
    GS has actually been playing competitively since the trade. In spite of Mongomery (perhaps he'll catch on sometime). I'll have a bit of crow here too. Richardson has been surprisingly grown up this season. He's been trying on defense and has been filling the role of the go to guy whether he's hitting or not and he hasn't been making excuses. Signs of leadership and maturity from the young man. Pietrus regressed earlier in the year but looks as though he's righting the ship. Still, with the steps forward that JRich has taken I've been wrong in previous remarks that Pietrus would be the better of the two by the end of the season. I prefer fried crow btw, I tend to believe that you can deep fry anything and it'll be pretty good.