Thread: Yao invites Patrick Ewing and Dikembe Mutumbo for dinner (hilarious SI article)

Default Yao invites Patrick Ewing and Dikembe Mutumbo for dinner (hilarious SI article)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...st_person0314/

"MUTOMBO: I eat anything."

"EWING: How many languages do you speak, seven?

MUTOMBO: I speak Ebonics now, so eight. Yao, do you speak Ebonics? [Yao shrugs.]"

Mutumbo's a funny guy.

3ptmiller

Default Re: Yao invites Patrick Ewing and Dikembe Mutumbo for dinner (hilarious SI article)

"EWING: Well, I don't eat pork, duck or chicken either. Only shrimp and fish [and beef]."

Is he a muslim or somethin?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Yao invites Patrick Ewing and Dikembe Mutumbo for dinner (hilarious SI article)

That was hilarious.

My two favorite parts were:
    Mutombo's cellphone rings. The ring tone is 50 Cent's In Da Club. He answers and starts speaking one of his eight languages -- not English.

EWING: Man, every time I go over to Dikembe's, he's on the phone. [Ewing picks up his cellphone and starts mocking Mutombo.] 'Doobleedoo doobloodoo doobleedoo. ...' I'm like, 'What the hell is he saying?'

And this was a funny little exchange:

EWING: [To Mutombo] Can you pass me that beef?

MUTOMBO: Sure. [Before passing it, Mutombo takes his own spoon and scoops four pieces onto his plate.]

EWING: Man, I don't want that now. You put your spoon in the plate. [Ewing nonetheless takes the plate from Mutombo.] Jeez, man.

MUTOMBO: Oh, come on. I didn't even touch the beef on your side of the plate. You can eat that. [Ewing reluctantly scoops three pieces onto his plate. He doesn't say a word.]

MUTOMBO: How long have we known each other, 18 years? I've been dealing with this same crap for 18 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!