Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52

Thread: NBA's best shooter

  1. #1
    Member Mushmouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    39
    Posts
    545

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default NBA's best shooter

    ESPN has 3 insider articles up on the Best Shooters in the NBA - no mention of Reggie in the teasers. Anyone care to post them?

    gracias.

    The Mayor is the cover photo.

  2. #2
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    They need to re-define "best shooter."

    SOme shooters are best at 23 feet, while another player may be better at 15 feet.

    There really isn't a shooter in the NBA that's equally proficient at any range.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  3. #3
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,636

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They need to re-define "best shooter."

    SOme shooters are best at 23 feet, while another player may be better at 15 feet.

    There really isn't a shooter in the NBA that's equally proficient at any range.
    Except for Steve Nash. Right now it doesn't matter where he launches his shot because he dead-on half of the time.

    This reminds me of a trivia question on a local radio station the other night:

    Nash is on pace to be the first player since the 1993-94 season to shoot better than 50% from the field, 90% from the FT stripe, and 40% from behind the arch. Who was the last player to do it?

    The second question was: Who were the other two players to do it since the inception of the 3-point line in 1979?


    Any takers to those questions?
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  4. #4
    Member Mushmouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    39
    Posts
    545

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except for Steve Nash. Right now it doesn't matter where he launches his shot because he dead-on half of the time.

    This reminds me of a trivia question on a local radio station the other night:

    Nash is on pace to be the first player since the 1993-94 season to shoot better than 50% from the field, 90% from the FT stripe, and 40% from behind the arch. Who was the last player to do it?

    The second question was: Who were the other two players to do it since the inception of the 3-point line in 1979?


    Any takers to those questions?
    Reggie did it

    Other two...

    I would guess Hornacek and Dale Ellis.

  5. #5
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,636

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Mushmouth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reggie did it

    Other two...

    I would guess Hornacek and Dale Ellis.
    You're right on the first question. Reggie set the league on fire that year.

    You're wrong on both of your second choices, although they are really good guesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  6. #6
    Member Mushmouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    39
    Posts
    545

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're right on the first question. Reggie set the league on fire that year.

    You're wrong on both of your second choices, although they are really good guesses.
    Ahhh - shoulda known at least one of the other two, I cheated to figure those two out, so I'll let others get them.


    Wow- Hornacek was .01% FT away from reaching it one year!

  7. #7
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    That really sounds like something Mark Price did.

    But I can't remember if he ever had his overall FG% that high.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  8. #8
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're right on the first question. Reggie set the league on fire that year.

    You're wrong on both of your second choices, although they are really good guesses.
    Hmm.. maybe Mark Price & Drazen Petrovic & Steve Kerr?

  9. #9
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They need to re-define "best shooter."

    SOme shooters are best at 23 feet, while another player may be better at 15 feet.

    There really isn't a shooter in the NBA that's equally proficient at any range.
    Oh yes there is, you know what name im gona say!

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh yes there is, you know what name im gona say!
    Greg Ostertag?

    Last I remember, he was as likely to miss from 2 ft as 30 ...
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  11. #11
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Greg Ostertag?

    Last I remember, he was as likely to miss from 2 ft as 30 ...
    No i meant Gheorge Muresan... the best!

  12. #12
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,246
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any takers to those questions?
    I bet Larry Bird is one of them.

  13. #13
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,770

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    First two names that came to mind.

    Ray Allen
    Kyle Korver

  14. #14
    Member Ultimate Frisbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,374

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    They are saying Hoiberg... I'm really curious now...

    anyone care to post???

  15. #15
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,246
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    I'm telling ya, if Larry Bird isn't one of them, I'll eat my shoe.

  16. #16
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,866

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    It would be funny if it were Hoiburg and Malik Sealy

  17. #17
    SjA3837
    Guest

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    I have a pretty sweet J...

  18. #18
    ReggieMiller8325
    Guest

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    Larry bird sucks and never even hit above 30 percent from the three point line in his carrier.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No i meant Gheorge Muresan... the best!
    Yeah but he's out of the league - otherwise I might've said Chris Dudley.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  20. #20

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    Ray Allen has a very good shot
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  21. #21

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    Oh boy...while we are making ridiculous statements, can I mention that Dennis shot the 3 better than Bird did?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  22. #22
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    Larry Bird was not bad at all... but was not productive enough from 3PT range

  23. #23

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry Bird was not bad at all... but was not productive enough from 3PT range
    And certainly not as good as Christ in Sneakers, The Man, Reggie Miller, of course...



  24. #24
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    Best shooters in the NBA right now

    Ray Allen and Mike Redd

  25. #25
    Member TheHotShot31's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    437

    Default Re: NBA's best shooter

    the best pure shooter right now, has to be Peja Stojakovic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •