Thread: Ricky Rubio is officially under contract

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

Default Ricky Rubio is officially under contract

http://www.twincities.com/timberwolv...nclick_check=1

At approximately 6 a.m. this morning, the Minnesota Timberwolves made an announcement the NBA club had been waiting two years to make: Ricky Rubio is officially under contract...

Banned

Default Re: b

C?

Default Re: Ricky Rubio is officially under contract

If I put anything longer than a couple letters it won't let me start a thread, so I have to do that and then edit it......it's really quite awesome.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gonna borrow from Area 55 for a second and chime in with this...

WHO CARES!?!!
    Grown Man Ball

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.twincities.com/timberwolv...nclick_check=1

At approximately 6 a.m. this morning, the Minnesota Timberwolves made an announcement the NBA club had been waiting two years to make: Ricky Rubio is officially under contract...
    So in other words, now that he's officially "part of the system", Rubio can now be moved around the league like any other player.
    Last edited by imbtyler; 06-17-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar

I'm excited that he's finally coming over, because I think it will generate a positive buzz for the NBA. I'm also excited that we aren't the ones taking a risk on him. It just seems like his chances of being highly successful aren't that great. Maybe a 25% chance that he has a big impact?

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    Gonna borrow from Area 55 for a second and chime in with this...

WHO CARES!?!!
    Like imbtyler just said, now that he's under contract he's more open for trading. he was talked about as being a trade chip for the TWolves to move out of the #2 spot. Most people wouldn't trade for his rights unless they knew he was definitely coming over, now he is.
    Last edited by The Sleeze; 06-17-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    So in other words, now that he's officially "part of the system", Rubio can now be moved around the league like any other player.
    No.

If Minny was going to trade him, they would have done it before signing him.

He's a wolf, and is likely to stay that way for a while.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

As a basketball fan I'm really excited to see him come over. Like with Saras, all of the American point guards will be gunning for him.

I kinda hope Cleveland would take Derrick Williams #1 now, just to see if Kahn would pick Kyrie Irving.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    No.

If Minny was going to trade him, they would have done it before signing him.

He's a wolf, and is likely to stay that way for a while.
    Yeah they are so high on him I doubt they will let him go..

Banned

Thanks god ..........

This might really effect how Cleveland drafts. If they know Minny won't take a PG now, then they can draft Williams #1 and know that Knight will probably be there at #4, which was their ideal scenario.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I kinda hope Cleveland would take Derrick Williams #1 now, just to see if Kahn would pick Kyrie Irving.
    If they did and u were the Pacers would u trade up to get Kyrie? just wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    If they did and u were the Pacers would u trade up to get Kyrie? just wondering...
    Just like everything else, depends on price. I liked watching Kyrie, felt like he was really really smooth and played a really mature leader type game, very in control.

Hearing him talk he's very sharp, great guy. He reminds me a little of Grant Hill in the way he interacts. He understands he has to earn respect and understands the expectations of being a leader, even at 19. He's one of the most impressive NBA interviews, I've ever heard.

Can he play at an elite level? I mean probably or maybe, but its such a small body of work to look at. I think he has the intangibles, in a huge way or at least he sounds like it.

I guess to answer the question, I wouldn't completely dismantle the team for him, but I'd pay a pretty good price. Danny Granger, yes, probably, but he's the only player in this draft I'd say that about.

I think you'd then try to find a place for DC to go that would bring back a scoring SF, not impossible to do.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

I for one am very happy that Rubio is finally coming over, and it will help lessen the damage done by the eventual lockout. Give people a a reason to be excited about the league coming back.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Just like everything else, depends on price. I liked watching Kyrie, felt like he was really really smooth and played a really mature leader type game, very in control.

Hearing him talk he's very sharp, great guy. He reminds me a little of Grant Hill in the way he interacts. He understands he has to earn respect and understands the expectations of being a leader, even at 19. He's one of the most impressive NBA interviews, I've ever heard.

Can he play at an elite level? I mean probably or maybe, but its such a small body of work to look at. I think he has the intangibles, in a huge way or at least he sounds like it.

I guess to answer the question, I wouldn't completely dismantle the team for him, but I'd pay a pretty good price. Danny Granger, yes, probably, but he's the only player in this draft I'd say that about.

I think you'd then try to find a place for DC to go that would bring back a scoring SF, not impossible to do.
    I think if there is a way to get the #2, whether it be Kyrie or Williams, I think you have to try to do it, especially if it only costs Granger and it can bring someone else back like Beasley.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

if it did happen, y wouldn't he? He is the best talent in the draft and then he could trade rubio.

Mood

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/tick...ves_fulls.html

The Ricky Rubio package seems like a good deal lol 2 tickets $9 per game. Very cheap

I'm curious to see how he fares against NBA competition. I've seen him play many times for Barcelona, and never found him all that impressive. But he's very young, so I guess he still has a lot to learn.

I don't think that people should be expecting too much from him right off the bat, though. He's no European Steve Nash. If he turns out as good as Tony Parker, in the long run, then that will be a great success for Minny.

More realistically, though, I expect him to be somewhere between Sarunas Jasikevicius and (a young) Jason Williams, at least at first. I'll revise my expectations when I've seen him play against NBA competition. Frankly, at this point, one could make the argument that Luke Ridnour is a better NBA PG than Rubio.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    I'm curious to see how he fares against NBA competition. I've seen him play many times for Barcelona, and never found him all that impressive. But he's very young, so I guess he still has a lot to learn.

I don't think that people should be expecting too much from him right off the bat, though. He's no European Steve Nash. If he turns out as good as Tony Parker, in the long run, then that will be a great success for Minny.

More realistically, though, I expect him to be somewhere between Sarunas Jasikevicius and (a young) Jason Williams, at least at first. I'll revise my expectations when I've seen him play against NBA competition. Frankly, at this point, one could make the argument that Luke Ridnour is a better NBA PG than Rubio.
    I think he well fair pretty well. Because in Europe he played in a half court style that didn't show case what he does best. Let Rubio play in a fast tempo system he will play much better IMO. A young Jason Williams was a good player just not very mature. I couldn't accept that argument with Luke. Could Ridnour of played for team Spain at 18 years old i don't think so. The kid is young he is very talented and skilled for his age. They are now saying he is a legit 6'5 just give him 2 yrs to adjust to the NBA and he will be an above ave player.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-19-2011 at 02:09 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

agree with p4e, but there will be a lot of growing pains. i think we'll see rubio start to really, really improve after two seasons here.

Well it looks like I will be scanning nbatv and other channels to watch more T-wolves games this season.. lol..

Can't wait to see him play in the NBA , and see if he fares as well as I believe he will ...

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I have no idea if this kid's going to be any good, but I hope he is. Minnesota fans deserve it. And as much as people love to bash Kahn, he got Rubio over here. In Minnesota. Minneapolis is actually a fairly hip city really, relative to its' reputation anyway, but compared to Barcelona...

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: