Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The dumbing down of Pacers Digest

Default Re: The dumbing down of Pacers Digest

Quote Originally Posted by XXSASSXX31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have raised very interesting points.
    I'm sorry, but you may as well put that in your signature. What you say and the way you say it is very repetitive, can't you, at the very least, phrase it differently?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    Yeah, and how many people didn't vote either way on that poll because it callled Ron a "nutjob."

Polls with two extreme choices are statistically incapable of providing a true gauge of the board's general sentiments. Stryder can finish this discussion far more eloquently than I can.

You always do an interesting job of shifting the issues around, by the way.
    Give me a break Jay...you always try to take the validity away of something that you do not like the result of...face it, Ron is a Pacer and will be a Pacer and we Pacer fans love and support him!!!! WE LOVE YOU RONNNIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

WE LOVE YOU RONNNIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good God.

He just couldn't contain himself anymore, it just bursted out of him
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't have any problem being in the "smart minority".

I don't base my opinion of the situation based on popular opinion/ the majority.

Gotta run... good night.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Harmonica

Remember that recent poll we had on this forum? Would you support Ron Artest if he came back. Weren't you one of 8 members or so that would not support his return while everyone else would? Give me a break...you may have a couple of supporters but that's it.....you can all fit in a minivan.
    That poll was pretty extreme. It certainly wasn't a fair representation of how most people really feel about Ron, one way or another. Where you go off the rails, my friend, is that even Ron's supporters here for the most part respect Jay's opinions about Ron. It's what's is called having a civil debate. When it digresses into name-calling ("Hater, hater, nee-ner, nee-ner, nee-ner"), it's an indication of a weak cause and a shortcut to thinking. I imagine had Ron trampled a small child on his way to assaulting the wrong person, you'd no doubt still support him.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

D*mnit that was funny

"We love you RONNIE!!!!!!"

Don't listen to them Ron, they're not real fans, they lie, all the time they lie.

Don't go Ron, please don't go.

We love you RONNIE!!!!!!

House Sigil:

woman without a team

I can't and won't quote Sass because he's on ignore list, but I just have to comment and then I'm getting off line so I don't hurt my poor, defensless computer.

[the scene: grace's computer room]

grace: [sitting in front of computer chanting softly] I will not tell Sass what I really think of him. I will not sink to his level. I won't tell him I think he's a ! I refuse to think ill of him for daring to quote Reggie. I will however PM Hicks and tell him that if I had the power I'd ban the little for life.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    I can't and won't quote Sass because he's on ignore list, but I just have to comment and then I'm getting off line so I don't hurt my poor, defensless computer.

[the scene: grace's computer room]

grace: [sitting in front of computer chanting softly] I will not tell Sass what I really think of him. I will not sink to his level. I won't tell him I think he's a ! I refuse to think ill of him for daring to quote Reggie. I will however PM Hicks and tell him that if I had the power I'd ban the little for life.
    It has to wait till he is done reading mine.

House Sigil:

Seriously Hicks, that ignore feature where you can completely get rid of posts would be fantastic. I mean, I look at the first page, and half the threads are started by Sassan, Reggiemiller84939449, and JOneal7 or whatever.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Give me a break Jay...you always try to take the validity away of something that you do not like the result of...face it, Ron is a Pacer and will be a Pacer and we Pacer fans love and support him!!!! WE LOVE YOU RONNNIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mr. Abington is either pulling his hair out in a choleric fit, or smirking, watching you prove his point.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    I don't have any problem being in the "smart minority".

I don't base my opinion of the situation based on popular opinion/ the majority.

Gotta run... good night.
    LOL Smart minority? I won't get into personal insults but you are surely not in the "smart" minority. You are in the exact opposite. I'm sure your viewpoint is more knowledgable than legandary greats like Charles Barkley and Shaquille O'Neal

LOL Smart minority? I won't get into personal insults but you are surely not in the "smart" minority. You are in the exact opposite. I'm sure your viewpoint is more knowledgable than legandary greats like Charles Barkley and Shaquille O'Neal
    I have absolutely no problem with Jay, and I do consider him smart. Even though he and I rarely agree on anything, I value his opinions.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    That poll was pretty extreme. It certainly wasn't a fair representation of how most people really feel about Ron, one way or another. Where you go off the rails, my friend, is that even Ron's supporters here for the most part respect Jay's opinions about Ron. It's what's is called having a civil debate. When it digresses into name-calling ("Hater, hater, nee-ner, nee-ner, nee-ner"), it's an indication of a weak cause and a shortcut to thinking. I imagine had Ron trampled a small child on his way to assaulting the wrong person, you'd no doubt still support him.
    It was a very fair accurate poll, and I remember in the post Jay had said it was a fair representation of viewpoints. It was far from an "extreme" view. You may not like the results so you resort to call it "extreme" but most active forum members participated in the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Mr. Abington is either pulling his hair out in a choleric fit, or smirking, watching you prove his point.
    Probably both, considering he cant do anything about so many threads

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    Hicks, when we get that new improved ignore will it make it so I can't see the the people I ignore quoted?

Sass, I don't happen to enjoy your posts so I assume you are labeling me a hater. Since I've been a Pacer fan longer than you've been live I find that rather insulting.

Hicks, how soon are we getting that new ignore thing?
    grace, it probably won't exclude quotes. And there's not a timetable because it may or may not exist right now.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You guys are all a bunch of whiney p*ssys, who gives a ***** what people post and if they love Artest or Reggie maybe just a little too much for your liking. As long as the trolls are kept out I'm a happy camper.

One of my favs and one of our best posters has an almost insane love for Dale. Does he get constantly beat down and told he shouldn't be here, no.

At least the over the top Reggie and Artest lovers are fans and are not trolls putting down everything they can about the Pacers. I like the enthusiastic rantings of Sasson, JOneal7, ReggieMiller8325, 3ptmiller and others. I certainly don't agree with all there opinions, so I just don't post in the threads or just stop reading and move on.

Some of you guys just have to make a post in every single thread "they" make just to put them down. "They" are not the problem YOU are, and you know who you are.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop
    You guys are all a bunch of whiney p*ssys, who gives a ***** what people post and if they love Artest or Reggie maybe just a little too much for your liking. As long as the trolls are kept out I'm a happy camper.

One of my favs and one of our best posters has an almost insane love for Dale. Does he get constantly beat down and told he shouldn't be here, no.

At least the over the top Reggie and Artest lovers are fans and are not trolls putting down everything they can about the Pacers. I like the enthusiastic rantings of Sasson, JOneal7, ReggieMiller8325, 3ptmiller and others. I certainly don't agree with all there opinions, so I just don't post in the threads or just stop reading and move on.

Some of you guys just have to make a post in every single thread "they" make just to put them down. "They" are not the problem YOU are, and you know who you are.
    Beautiful post.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't see why the current ignore feature isn't doable? You guys just don't understand , I really , really , really hate adding hacks to the board. Just like last time we had to upgrade I seen people moaning about the arcade cause the upgrade messed it up. Again I have to go through manually and redo all the hacked files everytime there is a upgrade which lately it's been pretty frequent.

All making the post diappear is gonna make that user make another username because they realize eventually no one can see there post , so again I don't see how this is gonna improve things. There infact is a hack that can do what your asking , but then again how long will it take someone the time to realize and make another account ?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Like I said, strength in numbers.

House Sigil:

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    Please make Pacers Digest what it once was.
    Like what? Bash every Pacer every day contesT?

Oh please do provide some evidence that it was ever like that.

Anyone else notice the ones that don't think there's a problem either call people haters, generalize like all hell, or have to call people names and deflect blame? Maybe I'm alone in noticing that.

oh sauveness...a little sensitive eh?
    this whole board is way 2 sensitive...
    OH NO HE DIDN'T JUST SAY A BAD WORD! OMG!

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by efx
    Oh please do provide some evidence that it was ever like that.
    The profanity used against Reggie Miller and our fellow Pacers...the Artest bashing...just do a search and you will find it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Anyone else notice the ones that don't think there's a problem either call people haters, generalize like all hell, or have to call people names and deflect blame? Maybe I'm alone in noticing that.
    Saving this from the botton of page 2.